@power
Active 1 day, 6 hours ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 460
-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic Calling everyone but particularly twins, triplets, and brothers (or sisters)! in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 8 months ago
That’s amazing. You sound like both my older brothers😂 My closest brother always used to play sword fights with me, and I even got him to help me mock out a fight scene for my book a few weeks ago …
I’ve never been a twin or a brother, but I’ve had two older brothers, an older sister, and a younger sister. However, my brother…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
@jodi-maile @kathleenramm @keilah-h @issawriter7 @writerlexi1218 @not-so-secret-secret-assassin @power @annabelle @elfwing @lydia-s @joycaroline @daisytorres @elanor @scripter-of-kingdoms @abigail-m @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @seeker-of-the-truth @e-k-seaver @anyone-I-missed
-
Heaven Franklin replied to the topic Introduction in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
@power Your comment made me laugh! I didn’t stop reading it. 😂 It’s so nice to “meet” you!
It’s neat that you are a Bible quizzer! What a great way to spend some of your time when you’re not writing. xD
Ooo, a Bible question. I believe the answer is wealth, possessions and honor.
Haha! I’m actually not wearing any shoes at the moment. Just…[Read more]
-
Lavender Bleu replied to the topic Introductions in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
@power
Don’t worry about seeming weird– I’m weird too. 😉I think I’d prefer the jetpack. Unless, of course, I could just make my own option, which would obviously be flying on a gryphon. Or a dragon. Or a pegasus.
My favorite thing is being able to blend scientific advancements with magical ones. I have a soft spot for magic in…[Read more]
-
Lana Blanchard replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
@keilah-h My favorite color is also blue! I have no idea what my warrior name is… hmm. I would likely be a medicine cat, though!
‘My’ fanfic was actually a co-author project with my friend and my sister, and it was about two sister cats who had opposite powers and etc., etc.
I did love Thor Ragnorok! I like Norse mythology and though nearly…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Introductions in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Hello! I am Koshka, or at least that’s what I’m called around here. Nice to meet you, Lavender!
Oh yeah, that bio thing can be a little confusing. At any rate, you did fine.
Sci-fi fantasy? That sounds interesting. What are your favorite things about this genre (genres)? I work mostly in Medieval Fantasy and Historical…[Read more]
-
Lana Blanchard replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
@power Alohola! Your name is Power, but surely you have another than that?
1) Mushrooms, I should say! And I would enjoy them, too.
2) Who wouldn’t want to jump out a plane?!?!
3) Obviously drop my phone and punch the thing in the face while doing an upward kick onto the roof of its mouth, as I recommend you to do.
Now IÂ will ask the…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 started the topic IT HAS BEEN FOREVER BUT I HAVE A NEE BLOG POST in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
As title says….HELLO AFTER FIVE EVER!!! 😂 I am FINALLY WADING BACK INTO WRITING AFTER WHAT SEEMS LIKE AGES tho in reality it’s only been like 2 months or so. 🤣 that being said there’s a New Years post up on my website if anyone is interested!!
@keilah-h @issawriter7 @writerlexi1218 @not-so-secret-secret-assassin [Read more]
-
Trahia the Minstrel replied to the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, you’re not wrong about helmets😅. But my character doesn’t wear one as part of his design, probably for the reasons you just stated, though I never really thought about it before … however, the armour he’s wearing is ceremonial armour, not battle armour — it’s a sign of status, not a tool of strength. And the boy on the left actual…[Read more]
-
Trahia the Minstrel started the topic Cover Art Sharing Space/Critique in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Hi Everyone! I’ve been making some rough sketches of my first two book covers, which I thought I’d share and hear whether you thought they looked good or not, and I thought maybe you guys would like to share your covers too, if you have them! It could be fun!


Book 1 and Book 2.
So I’ll go ahead and tag a bunch of people:
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Sing of Tomorrow in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 9 months ago
The author of this poem, who at the moment is doing the dishes and thus can’t access her phone, has requested I tag a few people to look over this. (I think that’s what she said.)
@anatra23 @power @abigail-m @anybody-else @yes-you-reading-this-right-now 😉
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What Kind of Writing do You Excel at? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
Hhhmmm… Good question. I think my writing excels most when I’m working with my 3 siblings.
It kinda goes like someone has a spark of an idea, someone adds fuel to it, and then another waves the flame into a blaze.
Well, on good days that is. Most of the time we get side tracked and end up having an hour long conversation about how…[Read more]
-
Lin replied to the topic What Kind of Writing do You Excel at? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
@power That makes a tad more sense… No need to rephrase it again, people reading this thread will understand.
I suppose I am best at writing emotional snippets, usually quite sad and dreamlike. Not sure, though. Not many people have read them.
-
Lin replied to the topic What Kind of Writing do You Excel at? in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
@power Bold of you to assume that I can’t both be a writer and a brontosaurus.
As for what I excel at, I can’t exactly tell you. The way your question is phrased raises a lot of questions in me. Why, what kind of writing do you excel at?
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Any Urban Fantasy clean book recommendations? in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
@power Ahh okay haha. I looked up the Mysterious Benedict Society and it looks interesting! I may have to give it a go anyway, so no harm done XD
-
Daisy Torres replied to the topic Any Urban Fantasy clean book recommendations? in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
@devastate-lasting Haha yeah maybe XD Good luck with your story though!!
@power Okie dokie, I’ll look into those! Thanks a lot!
-
Elanor replied to the topic How do I make a non-cliche escape scene? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 10 months ago
Yes!! The bullets, arrows, and explosions all mysteriously missing the main character by a hair, leaving them unscathed after a very intense scene is so annoying. And then the times they do get injured and brush it off like, “I’m fine. I’m the main character. I’m invincible!”
-
Elanor replied to the topic How do I make a non-cliche escape scene? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 10 months ago
Another great idea thanks. That’s one I hadn’t thought of.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic They Came For Me in the forum Short Story Critiques 4 years, 11 months ago
-
Kathleen replied to the topic What’s an unexpected place you got a story idea from? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 11 months ago
Haha, well, it doesn’t really have to be exciting to be unexpected.
Like the amount of times I’ve gotten story ideas out of an unexpected look, laugh, or hello is absurd.
Have you ever gotten an idea for a certain trait for a character from a person you know?
That’s cool. Now you’ll have to credit Evanescence as a co-writer…[Read more]
- Load More
