Introduction

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Introduction

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Koshka
    @koshka
      • Total Posts: 1424

@glorifychrist

Hello, I’m Koshka, a Homeschooler, Bible Quizzer, and Aspiring Author. I write Medieval Fantasy, Historical Fiction, and the rare verse or four of Poetry.

You’re reading The Wingfeather Saga? How do you like it so far? I’ve read the entire series and loved it. It’s hard to find such good fantasy, even in a Christian bookstore.

I haven’t written any non-fiction (I don’t count school essays real writing.). I have read some, though mostly books like The Church on Godless Lane (Turner).

What is the premise for your Mystery Novella?

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Elishavet Pidyon
      @elishavet-pidyon
        • Total Posts: 1013

@glorifychrist

Greetings! I’m called Elishavet. It’s good to meet you!

Your writing sounds fabulous. I love both mysteries and nonfiction.

I’m also a Bible Quizzer, (We just ambushed you, didn’t we.) and it’s great to meet another Bible enthusiast. What’s the Bible Bee like?

I write some medieval fantasy, poetry, and just random bits of things – like essays!

And some more questions to get to know each other:

Does jelly/jam belong in the fridge?

Which would you rather have if you were lost in the woods?

• A hatchet
        • A knife
        • A rifle (with a small supply of ammo)
        • A trained falcon

Would you rather have a book on tenth century armor or the armor itself?

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

ella
        @nova21
          • Total Posts: 604

@glorifychrist

Heyy Heaven!  (I LOVE your name btw) Your blog is so pretty, and I love your mission too <33

CWW!!! <33 I’ve participated in it for two years but this year I didn’t because school was just too much work, but I agree, it is SO helpful!  I hope you keep your writing streak on KP too!

Wait.  Ahhh!  I’m a tea drinker too!  (what’s ur favorite?  mine’s vanilla chamomile:))  And I’m an aesthetic lover!  I adore journaling too… what kind of book journaling do you do? I have a writing journal (which might be similar?) and a super fun sister journal where me and my sister take turns decorating a section of a journal every month.

I love me some books. ;)) What are some of your favorites?  I finished The Inheritance Games most recently, which is a mystery about a random girl who receives billions of inheritance money from someone she didn’t know.

For writing, I like mystery, sci-fi, fantasy, and thriller.  My current WIP is about a girl trying to escape the last ship leaving earth (which is almost inhabitable) so that she can save her sister, who was left behind.  It’s a story about loyalty, courage, and selfless love (my fav story themes <33)

Well, I’ve been ranting for a while, so I should wrap it up.  It’s so awesome to have you!!!  Have a great time on KP!

what we do in life echoes in eternity
          -gladiator, 2000

Heaven Franklin
          @glorifychrist
            • Total Posts: 13

@nabisawesome Hi, Naomi! I do remember you!! It’s awesome to see you here, too!

Heaven Franklin
            @glorifychrist

@power Your comment made me laugh! I didn’t stop reading it. 😂 It’s so nice to “meet” you!

It’s neat that you are a Bible quizzer! What a great way to spend some of your time when you’re not writing. xD

Ooo, a Bible question. I believe the answer is wealth, possessions and honor.

Haha! I’m actually not wearing any shoes at the moment. Just black socks. xD

Heaven Franklin
              @glorifychrist

@koshka

It’s nice to meet you!

You write in a variety of genres, which is so awesome. I absolutely love Historical fiction, but I’ve never tried writing it and don’t know anyone personally who has. So, that’s really cool!

I absolutely love the Wingfeather Saga! I’m not really a fantasy reader, but Peterson has captured my attention with his books. I’m desperate to read them all as soon as I can! xD

Nonfiction books are the best. I own quite a few of them since I don’t always feel like reading fiction.

Hm, I’m horrible at giving premises of stories I write, so I’ll just say that it centers around a kidnapping.

Heaven Franklin
                @glorifychrist

@elishavet-pidyon

Greetings and salutations, Elishavet! It’s nice to meet you as well!

Ah, another Bible Quizzer. Are they all writers or what haha?

The Bible Bee is absolutely amazing! It’s difficult to put into words, but I shall try.

The Bible Bee is an intense study of a specific passage of Scripture along with Hebrew and/or Greek words, cross references geography, etc. Then, memorizing Scripture plays a large role as that is mostly the focus. It actually starts off as an 8-week Summer Study, in which students from all of the world between the ages of 7-18 participate. You receive a Discovery Journal, which is like a Bible study book that has questions for the students to answer regarding the specific passage, plus you have to memorize 14 passages of Scripture. Once the study is over, students have the option to complete the qualifying test to try to be in the top 120 of their division to qualify for the National competition. Once the results are revealed, the intense studying and memorizing continues, however, the students are completely on their own.

Whoa, that was longer than intended. xD

Wow, that’s awesome! And wait, you like to write essays just for fun?

Yes, jelly is always in the fridge. Apple to be specific!

Hm, I probably would want a hatchet.

Definitely the book! I love, love books! xD

Heaven Franklin
                  @glorifychrist

@nova21

Hi, Ella!

You are so sweet, thank you! <3

It truly was helpful! I loved CWW a lot and definitely hope to participate again next year!

Ahhh, a fellow tea drinker! Literally none of my friends like tea, so this is amazing! My favorite is lavender chamomile. 🙂

So, with book journaling, I’ll typically write book reviews, books I recently books, what I’m currently reading, etc. Literally all things bookish. xD And that’s cute how you keep a sister journal with your sister! I love that!

I’ve never heard of The Inheritance Games. I’ll have to look into that! A few of my favorite books include anything by Tim Shoemaker, Dust (+ Shadow) by Kara Swanson, Chasing Jupiter by Rachel Coker, and Summerhill Secrets by Beverly Lewis. I have many, many more, but then this would get too long.

Whoa, that sounds like an interesting WIP! I hope that all goes well with your writing!

Hehe, I absolutely love rants and long conversations, so I look forward to getting to know you more. Thanks for the sweet and warm welcome!

Koshka
                    @koshka
                      • Total Posts: 1424

@glorifychrist

To be honest, I have yet to actually write any Historical Fiction books, but I am working on one. I love history, especially weird random stories, so it’s been fun!

I love the wingfeather world too, so much so that I had to pay close attention toy own world building to make sure it wasn’t influenced. XD Peterson did such a beautiful job with those books.

I almost always in the mood for some good fiction, which can be problematic. Real life becomes a bit overwhelming when ignored. Then again, a good book no matter the genre should prepare and sharpen us for ‘real life’.

Premises can be difficult. Hmm, a kidnapping? Sounds interesting.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Elishavet Pidyon
                      @elishavet-pidyon
                        • Total Posts: 1013

Ah, another Bible Quizzer. Are they all writers or what haha?

Uh, actually… XD

However the statistics lie, there are a lot of writers among Bible Quizzers. We’re a different bunch. (In a good way, though)

The Bible Bee sounds pretty amazing. We don’t include much of the original languages, (officially, but since a whole question could be changed by the interpretation of a word, there is a lot of study that goes into it. And when the passages have some Aramaic like in Mark does, it’s always good to know what’s being said.) Plus, I love how it’s international. We’re a bit divided on the lines of common language, so there’s really no interaction between, say, other continents. Especially since it all depends on holding tournaments that would be difficult to accomplish bilingually.

Well, I kinda carried on a little bit too. Bible stuff is just so fun!!!

Thanks! Yes, I enjoy writing essays, although I don’t write them often. Most of the time I do so at the prompting of school work, but I’ve been wanting to polish my inner essayist a little bit(just haven’t).

Do you like essays?

Mmmmmmmm, apple jelly! Although I think I’d prefer muscadine, I completely agree. In the fridge please!

A hatchet would be very useful, and probably a lot less temperamental than a falcon.

I love books too, but of, say, the armor was wearable? If, just suppose, the armor fit? GIVE ME THE METAL STUFF!! XD

Ok, the book might be handy since it would most likely tell how to use the armor in the first place, but still.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Elishavet Pidyon. Reason: A space is not congruent with a

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

ella
                        @nova21
                          • Total Posts: 604

@glorifychrist

Chamomile is the best.  I like to imagine being wrapped in a fluffy blanket, writing my story with a candle and the Little Women soundtrack in the background. <3 Then I am happy. :)) (Which reminds me, are you big into movies?  If so, which ones?)

That book journal sounds awesome!  How long have you been doing it?  It would be super fun to look back on the past entries and see how everything changes over time.

Ohh I’ll definitely have to look into those authors! I’ve heard of Kara Swanson, but never read her books.

Aww, thank you! <3 There are lots of ways I could go with my WIP, so I’m trying to pinpoint the direction at the moment. :))

So excited to get to know you better too! <33

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                          -gladiator, 2000

Heaven Franklin
                          @glorifychrist

@nova21

Yes, Chamomile is absolutely amazing! And my goodness, that sounds so cozy; I need that right now! xD Oh, I love movies! I have quite a few favorites, so I’ll just name a few.

• Little Women (1993 + 2019 renditions)
                            • From Up on Poppy Hill
                            • Whisper of the Heart
                            • Hamilton (Broadway musical)
                            • Newsies (Broadway musical)
                            • Lemonade Mouth

What are some of your favorites? Also, are you into audio dramas?

I’ve actually dabbled into book journaling off and on for about close to 4 years, but I never really kept it up. At the time I had first found out about it, it wasn’t very popular so there wasn’t a lot of ideas around on the Internet. But now, there’s SO many ideas, especially on Youtube and Pinterest, so one of my 2022 goals is to keep it up. xD

Yes, you should definitely read Kara Swanson! I love her duology so much! I need to read her other book, “The Girl Who Could See,” at some point.

Ah, I know that feels. You’re going to have a breakthrough moment at some point! <3

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >