Any Urban Fantasy clean book recommendations?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Any Urban Fantasy clean book recommendations?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Daisy Torres
    @daisy-torres
      • Total Posts: 691

@devastate-lasting Of course!!! Aww, that’s unfortunate. Have you tried Wattpad? I did that some years back and had a lot of success with it (Sadly, they kept shoving a lot of romance books in my face, so I pulled my books off and deleted my account, but the community aspect of it was a lot of fun, and I connected with a lot of great readers and writers!)

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@daisy-torres Aye, I’ve heard both good and bad things about Wattpad, and I feel like the stuff I write doesn’t fit into the romance vibe of it, so for now I’m hopefully going to be sticking with Webnovel and Tapas. I’m glad you had a good experience with it though.

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

Power
        @power
          • Total Posts: 292

The Mysterious Benedict Society might fall into Urban Fantasy, the O’Malley series (Good books, but they are romances 🤮 and can be disturbing at times, especially the one about the forensic pathologist.)

You will love what you spend time with.

Daisy Torres
          @daisy-torres

@devastate-lasting Haha yeah maybe XD Good luck with your story though!!

@power
            Okie dokie, I’ll look into those! Thanks a lot!

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Power
            @power
              • Total Posts: 292

@daisy-torres

Actually, after looking up Urban Fantasy I don’t think either of the book series above mentioned would fall into that category. Sorry about the confusion.

You will love what you spend time with.

Daisy Torres
              @daisy-torres

@power Ahh okay haha. I looked up the Mysterious Benedict Society and it looks interesting! I may have to give it a go anyway, so no harm done XD

Madelyn
                @madelyn
                  • Total Posts: 115

@daisy-torres

Hey there!

Let’s see…

The Secret Keepers by Trenton Lee Stewart (someone already mentioned The Mysterious Benedict Society by the same author–both are super good!)

The Accidental Hero, The Second War, and The End of Infinity by Matt Myklusch (a lot more action and techy stuff in that one)

The Story Thieves Series by James Riley (absolutely fascinating and intriguing concept, though the writing style might be leaning more towards middle-grade. Still one of the most interesting series I’ve ever read)

I was going to say Dust by Kara Swanson (I’m actually in the middle of reading that for the first time), but I can see from your profile that you already read it 😉 )

That’s all I can think of!

~In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found~

Daisy Torres
                  @daisy-torres

@madelyn Thanks for the recs!!! Ahhh I have Story Thieves on my list XD We’re going to the library soon so maybe I’ll get to pick that up!!

*writes everyone’s recommended books down*

E. K. Seaver
                    @e-k-seaver
                      • Total Posts: 344

@daisy-torre The House That Didn’t End is probably urban fantasy?

The pen is mightier than the sword, but in a duel, I'm taking the sword.
                      ekseaver.wordpress.com

Daisy Torres
                      @daisy-torres

@e-k-seaver Ahh that’s one that’s on my to be read list XD I’m excited to get that one!!!

Hullofellowhumans
                        @hullofellowhumans
                          • Total Posts: 26

Isn’t Percy Jackson technically urban fantasy? Lol, I love those books

Daisy Torres
                          @daisy-torres

@hullofellowhumans Oo yeah I think so. Actually, I’ve never read those XD I do plan to someday though

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          >