Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 3875

@lana-blanchard Cool! I’m a medicine cat too. Which clan would you likely be in? From there I could figure out a name for you.

Are you kidding? Loki was absolutely hilarious! And now that I’ve watched it I can keep up with my friends, who happen to be obsessed with it. (Side note–I gave them warrior names: Thorblaze and Lokitooth. I do that with everybody.)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Koshka
      @koshka
        • Total Posts: 1427

@lana-blanchard

*Grins* Thanks!

A poetical mood had me captive. My best (and worst) writing comes from those. =|

Ah, yes, I like Jolly Ranchers, especially the green apple ones. You?

If you could have any animal real or otherwise as a pet what would it be?

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Elishavet Pidyon
        @elishavet-pidyon
          • Total Posts: 1014

@lana-blanchard

Ooooo, it’s a nice name.

Thanks! I’m trying to work them through.

Your themes are absolutely fantastic!

Hmmm. I don’t know whether I’d rather breath underwater or walk on air, but I think the latter has a slight edge over the other.

Either historical or non-magical medieval fantasy. I love history, so….

As pleasing as the other options are, I’d probably run for my life, desperately trying to remember everything I’ve read on unseen movement.

Sadly the little fuzziest wouldn’t understand me very well.

Oof. I love a lot of different authors. C. S. Lewis, George MacDonald, Lori Wagner, and S. D. Smith are a few of the topmost. It really depends on the genre, or what I need at the given moment.

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Lana Blanchard
          @lana-blanchard
            • Total Posts: 11

@keilah-h

Cool! I would probably be ShadowClan… but a medicine cat… so… I do not know… XD

What is the beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?

@koshka

I like Jolly Ranchers too, except the blue raspberry ones I like best. (:

I would… hmm… probably a dolphin? Or a stingray? Or a husky? Or a unicorn?

What is the most beautiful place you’ve been to?

@elishavet-pidyon

Thank you!

I love some of those authors!

What is the most beautiful place you’ve been to?

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h
              • Total Posts: 3875

@lana-blanchard Cool, we can meet at half-moon medicine cat meeting!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Elishavet Pidyon
              @elishavet-pidyon

@lana-blanchard

Welcome!

Really? Me too. (Okay, okay, 😉 )

That is difficult to answer.

My family has traveled all over the U. S., so I’ve seen some absolutely breathtaking places, and they’re all that way for different reasons.

Aha! *Idea dawns* The altar at a camp meeting or conference when God is moving. 🙂

But more fitting to the question asked:

The middle of nowhere in Wyoming where one looks across a valley to see the mountains waiting in the distance.

A road in some mountain ranges when there’s a glimpse of the lands spread out like a map of creation.

A meadow deep in some Texas woods where the deer bed down in the evening, and the grass grows high around them. The cicadas are singing with the songbirds, and not too far off is the print of an old coyote.

A rocky, storm swept coast in Maine where a lighthouse blinks on across the waves.

The Badlands in New Mexico/Utah where the land finds beauty in desolation.

Wherever the sun turns swaying leaves to gold when it puts way the morning mist.

I think those are the ones foremost in my mind. I’m afraid I got a bit carried away in the imagery.

Yours? (And sorry if you already said it)

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Koshka
                @koshka

@lana-blanchard

The most beautiful place… My family has traveled much around the US to see family, so it’s hard to decide. Or remember.

• Tacoma Narrows and the Puget Sound with the tide rushing in.
                  • An overlook near Snoqualmie Pass (In the winter).
                  • This valley in Wyoming where you can stand on one rise and look across at the mountains almost purple with the distance.
                  • The Pine woods behind my home coated in snow.

Lana Blanchard
                  @lana-blanchard

@elishavet-pidyon

Those are really cool things! I’ve been to the Badlands I completely agree!!

Oh, mine! Hmmmm… I don’t remember if I already said this… it changes frequently, so… whatever. Anyway.

In the White Mountains (NH) there’s Mt. Washington, and there’s a trail to climb to the top called Huntington Ravine. There’s a brief section in this trail that’s a rock slab, but when you get up to the top of that, there’s this little ledge that goes slightly out over the valley bowl. And then you’re looking down into the valley and there are so many mountains beyond…

Then in Shenandoah National Park (Virginia) there’s this one little hike that you go up to and you can look down into another valley-type things, and when we went, the trees looked aflame, gold and red and alight in the colors of fall… so gorgeous.

Then… well, in Glacier National Park (Montana) there was a lake we went on, and the pine trees and the clearness of the water… we actually drank from the lake, and it was some of the best water I have ever tasted.

@koshka

Wow! I’m curious… what state do you live in? That you have pine trees in your backyard?! If I didn’t love my home and my family, I would totally go live somewhere with pine trees and snow!!

Koshka
                    @koshka

@lana-blanchard

I live in the Piney woods of East Texas, so round topped pines and ceder (The type of evergreens that explode pollen in the spring). We don’t get much snow, and when we do it’s usually just a dusting on top of ice, and it never stays long. However, every other year or so, we get a winter storm around February. The roads, and people, down here are made to withstand extreme heat and humidity, not snow and negative temps. So maybe it’s a good thing we don’t get it often. *Sigh*

Lana Blanchard
                      @lana-blanchard

@koshka

I looked it up and wow, it seems beautiful!

I love how you said, the ‘people down here are made to withstand extreme heat and humidity’ XD!

But snow is good, even if you’re warm-blooded. (:

Do you like living in Texas? Have you ever moved?

Elishavet Pidyon
                        @elishavet-pidyon

@lana-blanchard

Aren’t they? 🙂 Yeah, the Badlands are amazing.

Those places sound soooooo pretty. I love looking down on a forest, especially when it’s very lush or colorful.

I’ve heard about Glacier National park but never been. Once our family hiked Multnomah Falls in Washington, and since we hadn’t thought to bring any water, (not the most brilliant idea, by the way.) we found a place where the river was somewhat calm and drank. It was cold but good.

Now I’m starting to wonder about how these places have affected my books. What’s your favorite setting from your writing?

Koshka
                          @koshka

@lana-blanchard

I never really thought of it as beautiful, just home.

Yep. XD

Snow is good, as long as you don’t have to travel in it and the power doesn’t go out.

I do like living here. We have strong churches and ——-. (I vehemently dislike politics)

I have never moved, but as my parents were both born in other states (to Texas folks) we’ve traveled a lot to see family.

Lana Blanchard
                            @lana-blanchard

@elishavet-pidyon

Ohhhh… you have to go to Glacier! It is the most beautiful place ever.

Yup! I remember when my family was doing our annual race to the top of somewhere in the White Mountains (NH) I got sthirsty and eventually drank from the stream that goes up. (: Then my sister came up behind me and surprised me. XD

That’s a good point! Ooh… hmm. *thinks* I once wrote a story (I was actually pretty young) where my characters (basically representing me and my siblings) were escaping (why? I think we were trapped- by our parents- as a test- it was… complicated XD) from the secret passageways in my dream house. It was soooo much fun. There were hidden rooms and collection rooms and so many rooms to explore. (: What about for you? And what’s your favorite setting you’ve seen in something you’ve read?

@koshka

Well… yes. Snow, does, admittedly have some setbacks. XP

“We have strong churches and ___ (I vehemently despise politics!)” Oooh cool! What do you mean by strong churches? And a question about your church- do people like… dance and stuff when you sing worship music or just… stand still?

Do you have a favorite book of the Bible?

Koshka
                              @koshka

@lana-blanchard

By a strong church I mean one where God can move unhindered, the people are unified as the body of Christ, and the pastor preaches the Word and the congregation backs him.

We do actively worship if that’s what you mean. We dance before the LORD in praise, but nothing such as Jewish ring dancing or stuff like that.

My favorite books of the Bible; Psalms, Isaiah, Acts, Revelation, and several of the Epistles. Psalms may be may top favorite. What about you?

Koshka
                                @koshka

I hope that wasn’t confusing.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >