Introduction

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Introduction

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Heaven Franklin
    @glorifychrist
      • Total Posts: 13

Hello there!

My name is Heaven and I have a burning passion for writing. Ever since I was about 8 years old, I had always enjoyed writing and in 2019, I even started my own blog but it wasn’t until 2020 (you guessed right; it was during lockdown xD) when my passion began to grow. Just this past week, I participated in Crazy Writing Week hosted by the Young Writer’s Workshop, and it was the best thing I ever did. I wrote more than I thought I was capable of writing! Unfortunately, I’m unable to join YWW at the moment, but I knew that after participating, I needed something to keep that momentum going. So here I am at Kingdom Pen!

Now that you know a little about my writing journey, I’m sure you’re wondering who I am exactly. Well, I am:

• A daughter of the King, saved by His grace
      • An avid reader and book journaler
      • National Bible Bee enthusiast and participant
      • Tea drinker
      • Lover of all things aesthetic, floral, and cozy

Honestly, I don’t like talking about myself much, so it tends to be difficult for me to tell others who I am. But I’m sure you’ll get to know me more!

I’m very excited to be a part of this community of writers!

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@glorifychrist Welcome! What a coincidence, I just finished CWW as well! It’s great to have you here! I’m Linyang, though most here call me Lin.

What kind of things do you like to write? Is there any particular project that you’re working on now?

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

Heaven Franklin
        @glorifychrist

@devastate-lasting Wow, that is rather coincidental! It is nice to “meet” you, Lin.

I mostly write nonfiction, specifically about my walk with the Lord and encouraging others in investing in their relationship with Him through my blog. I’ve also dabbled into fiction, particularly mysteries and realistic fiction, however, I never actually finished a story until 2020. Currently, I’m working on two projects. One is a mystery novella, which is about to go into the second draft process. And then during CWW, I began working on a nonfiction book about my journey with perfectionism and what lessons God has taught me through those experiences. Thanks to CWW, I have about 3 chapters left to write! What about you?

Annabelle
          @annabelle
            • Total Posts: 108

@glorifychrist

Welcome! I’m Annabelle, and I’m relatively new here too. I also participated in CWW, and it was my first time this year. Which team were you on? I was on the peacocks!

What kind of books do you like to read? Who are some of your favorite authors?

Again, it’s nice to meet you! See you around the forums!

In the words of Jinto Queb, "Hurry, reading is fun!"

Linyang Zhang
            @devastate-lasting

@glorifychrist That sounds great! I’d love to hear more about your work!

I write fiction, usually crime/slice-of-life/fantasy, and I’m always working on long projects and short projects.

What are you hoping to do with your projects once they’re finished?

Heaven Franklin
              @glorifychrist

@annabelle It’s nice to meet you. Oh, my word, I remember seeing you around on CWW! It was also my first time, and I was on team peacocks! Nice to see one of my fellow birds. xD

I tend to typically read mysteries, realistic fiction/coming of age and of course nonfiction. However, I’ve been getting more into fantasy, historical fiction and sci-fi a little. And a few of my favorite authors include Tim Shoemaker, Kara Swanson, Ruth Chou Simons, Andrew Peterson and Beverly Lewis. How about you? What genres do you typically read and who are some of your favorite authors?

See you around!

Heaven Franklin
                @glorifychrist

@devastate-lasting Thanks!

And wow, that’s really cool. Are you currently working on a writing project?

Well, I really would love to publish my projects someday. I’ve been thinking a lot about self-publishing, but I’m not sure.

Linyang Zhang
                  @devastate-lasting

@glorifychrist Yeah, I’m currently working on two long projects and a short story.

We have a lot of authors here who know about self publishing! You’ll probably meet them at some point, haha.

Annabelle
                    @annabelle

@glorifychrist

Yeah, peacocks rule! I was super surprised when we pulled ahead at the last minute.

I actually haven’t heard of most of the authors you mentioned, except for Andrew Peterson. I’ve also heard of some of Beverly Lewis’s books, but I’ve never read any.

So if you like Andrew Peterson… have you read the Wingfeather Saga? It’s my favorite book series of all time, and I love it SO MUCH!! It’s the best Christian fantasy book I’ve ever read.

My favorite book genre is fantasy, but I also like historical fiction, biographies, and science fiction. I know, a weird combo.

My favorite authors are Andrew Peterson (as I said before), S.D. Smith, J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Laura Martin, and lots of others that I can’t remember right now. I have a whole list of book recommendations on my blog, so if you’re interested, you can see them here.

I forgot to mention, I also checked out your blog, and great job on that!

Heaven Franklin
                      @glorifychrist

@devastate-lasting Ah, that’s really cool! I hope that all goes well with your projects!

And wow, really? That’s good to know! Hopefully our paths cross. 😀

Heaven Franklin
                        @glorifychrist

@annabelle I know right!? And I seriously couldn’t (and still can’t) believe that we won all three categories!

Oh, if you’re interested in checking out Beverly Lewis, I’d suggest reading her series Summerhill Secrets. It’s perfect for teen girls!

Yes, I’m currently reading through the Wingefeather Saga currently! My best friend always raved about it, so I decided to read it. I’ve only read book 1 thus far, but I just picked up book 2 from my library yesterday, so I’ll be reading that very soon!

Wow, that is an interesting combination, but it’s great to have a variety. And I’ve heard and come across the authors you mentioned but have never read any of their books except for J. R. R. Tolkein and C.S. Lewis. I should consider delving into the worlds those other authors have created. xD

Aw, thank you! I just checked out your blog as well, and it’s quite lovely. Will be following!

Annabelle
                          @annabelle

@glorifychrist

You have to finish the Wingfeather Saga! It is SO GOOD!!! It gets better as it progresses too. The ending of the last book is so heartbreaking, but also so beautiful… Anyway, if I keep talking about this, I’m going to spoil it for you, so I better stop.

Yeah, the worlds Tolkien and Lewis created are so awesome. I just recently started rereading Lord of the Rings, and I’ve read the Chronicles of Narnia I don’t know how many times. I’m trying to write some FanFic for LotR, but so far I’m not very successful. Tolkien is a way better writer than I am!

Thanks for following my blog! I really appreciate it.

NABISAWESOME
                            @nabisawesome
                              • Total Posts: 1

Hey Heaven! You might remember me, my name is Naomi Boisvert? I just finished CWW too!

Power
                              @power
                                • Total Posts: 292

Aaaaah! Alas, I’ve been falling down on my work! (Stalking the halls of KP and pouncing on unsuspecting newcomers, BWAHAHAHA…err hi 👋) Woe is I! This topic was posted almost 24 hour ago, and I haven’t bored the poster of it with my banter!

Okay, so now that I have finished lamenting and bemoaning my failure, It would probably be a good time to introduce myself. (That is, if you haven’t stopped reading at this point) Nice meeting you, @glorifychrist! I’m Power *Bows, trips, and falls on the floor. Proceeds to talk while down there, acting like nothing happened.* So, you’re a Bible bowler? That’s neat,? I’m a Bible quizzer. So here is a Bible question for you.

1) Solomon asked God for wisdom and understanding. God gave them to him plus what two things?

Oh, and while I’m down here, let me compliment your shoes. They are so _____ (fill in with whatever color they are… that is, if you are wearing any at the present moment.)

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Power. Reason: The Gremlins replaced my period with a comma, so I had to replace their comma with a period

You will love what you spend time with.

Power
                                @power
                                  • Total Posts: 292

Please forgive the “,?” after “That’s neat”. It was supposed to be a “!”, but apparently technology is trying to embarrass me.

You will love what you spend time with.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >