Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Lana Blanchard
    @lana-blanchard
      • Total Posts: 11

Hi there! I like to write contemporary or magical-realistic-fantasy. (: My current work in progress features three sisters fighting creatures named “The Nightmares,” and in this project, I hope to be able to explore strong themes and dive into characters further!

What do you like to write?

I hope you are doing well! God bless. (:

Autumn Rebecca
      @autumn-rebecca
        • Total Posts: 57

Hello, Lana! That sounds like quite the story! When I write fiction, I like to write historical, romance, and contemporary. I would write just about anything though as long as it is Christ-honoring. I like to try out a little bit of everything in short story form. 😊

When I’m not writing fiction, I’m writing inspirational non-fiction on my blog and “devotional” WIP.

What made you decide to join Kingdom Pen? Also, who is your favorite author?

Words have the ability to touch the darkest souls... The receiver must simply allow them to.

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 3875

@lana-blanchard Hello!! I’m Keilah. Your book sounds cool! I love writing fanfiction, but I’m guessing that doesn’t count toward what you’re asking. Other than that, I love sci-fi and fantasy, and I’m writing a dystopian-type novel.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Lana Blanchard
          @lana-blanchard

@keilah-h Hi there! Which stories do you write your fan-fiction off of and why do you like writing it? I love reading it, although admittedly I haven’t written very much. (:

Keilah H.
            @keilah-h

I write mostly Star Wars, Jurassic World and Marvel fanfics, and most end up being combined with dragons (as in the characters have wings and tails). I also do a lot of Warrior Cats fanfictions, usually rewriting Star Wars or Marvel stories to make them Warriors ones. The characters have cat ears and names like the oned from the books. I actually drew one just a few minutes ago!

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Lana Blanchard
              @lana-blanchard

I love Warrior Cats! And funny, of the limited fan-fictions I have written, I helped co-write one of Warrior Cats!

Marvel! I know some of the movies; which is your favorite?

Quick question on the guidelines: what exactly counts as spamming? Like, asking your favorite color; am I allowed to say that?

Power
                @power
                  • Total Posts: 292

Hello hello! (Why I repeated myself I do not know?) I am Power the magnificent, wonderful, awesome, amazing, etc! Okay, so now that I have stoked my ego I will ask the questions and you will do the answering.

1) If you were trapped on a Island and could only eat mushrooms or cow tongue, which would you choose?

2) If you could either skydive or travel to Scotland for a day, which would you choose?

3) (This is a hypothetical question only) So, say you are at this moment being devoured by a hungry python feet first and all you have is your phone, what should you do? (PLEASE ANSWER QUickldggwgwi…

You will love what you spend time with.

Lana Blanchard
                  @lana-blanchard

@power Alohola! Your name is Power, but surely you have another than that?

1) Mushrooms, I should say! And I would enjoy them, too.

2) Who wouldn’t want to jump out a plane?!?!

3) Obviously drop my phone and punch the thing in the face while doing an upward kick onto the roof of its mouth, as I recommend you to do.

Now will ask the questions and you shall answer them.

1) If you were (hypothetically) stuck aboard a pirate ship to be taken as a captive to a land which you have never seen before and have no interest in visiting, especially not as a slave, would you

• risk the risk of sneaking out on a little tugboat
                    • create some sort of elegant trap in which their own gold knocks them out
                    • sneak to the wheel and give it a good sharp turn in the direction of your homeland
                    • punch someone in the face
                    • cause such a disruption they would drop you off the side for dead, in which case you find a secret underwater city in which you drink a magic potion that takes you back to your family
                    • cry

2) If you were being swallowed by a fish, would you turn around and go to Ninevah or sulk for a couple of days inside the mouth before praying to spit out?

3) If you could do the thing you wanted most to do in life and die immediately afterwards, would you choose to do so or else to wait and see if life is going to give you that thing?

Goodbye!

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

@lana-blanchard My favorite colors are blue and orange. And no, I don’t consider that spamming.

I love Warrior Cats too!! My warrior name is Jayheart, I’m a WindClan medicine cat. Have you ever given yourself a warrior name? What was your fanfic about?

Of the marvel movies I’ve watched (which is, like, five of them) I think Thor Ragnarok was the funniest. It was also the first one I’d ever seen. My brother and dad had watched a few before, but this time my dad invited me to watch it with them.

ella
                      @nova21
                        • Total Posts: 604

@lana-blanchard

Heyyy!  I’m Ella, nice to meet you!!!  Lana is such a pretty name <3

Oh yes, fantasy is amazinggg.  I’m going back and forth between two WIPs:  Project Emiyn (em-eye-in), where Earth’s climate is failing, and people have no choice but to go to space.  Emiyn was chosen to be one of the Candidates for the space exploration, but she keeps trying to escape because her sister was not accepted (because she’s autistic and they are evil, so they don’t take sick people), and Emiyn won’t leave her alone.  The whole story is her journey to get back to Aven (her sister) and sneak her back on board the ship before they leave Earth forever.

The other WIP is Project Slave, set in an alternate universe with the Greco-Roman/Viking cultures.  The MC, Bastien, is a young army general (Roman) who is trying to solve the strange case of his slave’s murder (who was killed because he was keeping a secret that could lead to the Roman culture’s downfall).  Also, the people think he’s a god of good fortune because he wins every battle.  They use his talent (not powers) to “enslave” him to a life of pleasing the people (e.g., fighting in the arena).

So yeah, that was probably way more than you asked for, but yep, that’s what I’m working on.

Quick question:

pancakes or waffles? or crepes? or none at all?

what we do in life echoes in eternity
                        -gladiator, 2000

Koshka
                        @koshka
                          • Total Posts: 1424

@lana-blanchard

You profile pic is so pretty, and your books sound interesting.

I like to write plays. I want to write novels. Here is the series I’m working on.

The first two my series are set in a  medieval time period, while the last is sort of World War/War on Terror time. I am using animal characters (sort of like Green Ember or Redwall) only I’m writing it for an older audience (Of course, the books would be fine for a child to read, they’re just not written for them).

Heart of Gold Heart of Stone (book 1) Ezekiel 36:26

Through a rash idea, wolf brothers Zlatan and Vulkasin are thrown into the military a year early, and as the kingdom edges closer to civil war, Zlatan, far from everything and anyone he has ever known, finds himself an officer over a place of pain and fear. Vulkasin, facing corruption and lies at every turn, must chose which ‘truth’ he will believe. But it may cost him his life. Or worse.

Themes: It doesn’t matter who you are, or what you’ve done, you are savable and loved. AND To him which knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Fox of Cypress Fox of Pine (book 2) Luke ?:?

Freedom. A land of their own. The poets have somehow kept the hope alive. Soon, the dawn must come. But the night is dark.

Wilkins, a fox soldier/resistance fighter, and Spion, a fox spy, end up in the same prison camp. Soon they are no longer just struggling to survive, but now it’s a battle for the soul. And one of them is loosing.

Themes: Righteous anger, Bitterness, Persecution. Hopelessness. Spiritual wickedness in high places.

Land of Shelter Land of Storm (book 3) Jude 1:23 Mathew 10:31

I still haven’t plotted out this book, but the themes are; How can a good God let horrible things happen. Trusting God even with death. More precious than the sparrows.

That was probably much more than needed, oops.

Anyway, how do you feel about jellybeans? I don’t like them, but they’re not bad.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Elishavet Pidyon
                          @elishavet-pidyon
                            • Total Posts: 1013

@lana-blanchard

Greetings! I’m called Elishavet around here.

I love your last name, and how is it pronounced, if you don’t mind?

Your books sound interesting indeed! I’m also looking forward to incorporating massive themes into my WIPs. What themes are you using, if you care to share?

Mine are something like: for Eirtan, callings, hope in loss, and God’s plan on our lives. For my allegorical series, breaking generational curses, finding truth untainted, unity, , God’s ultimate plan, and the passing of mantles.

So…..

Would you rather be able to breathe underwater, or walk on air?

If you were to be stuck in another world/setting, which would you choose?

• Medieval fantasy world
                            • Medieval not fantasy
                            • Sci-fi/ distopian
                            • Futuristic fantasy
                            • Historical
                            • Modern

What would you do if you were lost in an enemy forrest?

• Run for your life
                            • Hunt down any enemy troops
                            • Find the fortress, build a tribucket, and launch a surprise attack.
                            • Make friends with the chipmunks. They can show you the way out.
                            • Walk in a strait line. The wood can’t last forever!
                            • Laugh. You aren’t lost, you’re just pretending. In reality you’re spying out the land.

What’s your favorite author(s)?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Elishavet Pidyon. Reason: Politeness

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Power
                            @power

@lana-blanchard

Indeed! Me, myself, and I do have other aliases. Another name of moi is the Black Mongoose. *Takes a bow*

Who wouldn’t want to jump out of a plane? Me! (Despite me being so marvelous, I am also in fact a tad bit fearful of heights.)

1) Hmmm 🤔 Options 2 and 6 both sound appetizing. I could curl up in a corner and bawl my eyes out or drop on the first mate, a treasure chest, right on his pate! ? I think I will go with the latter (2), which is actually the former, but whatever. 😜.

💼⬇️

🤪

2) Oooo, another great question! Sulking might be a good idea. It would put me in a wonderfully foul mood, and we all know how nice one of those is… of course God just might let the whale swallow me a second time instead of turning me into a vomit comet, so perhaps option 2 would be the best answer.

3) Finally, least but not last… errrr, so perhaps it is last, but back to the question. Life or Death? To be or not to be? That is the question. Is what I desire most in life actually worth my life? Hmmm…. I’ll get back to you on this one. SNACK BREAK!!!!🍬🍩🍫🍰

Power
                              @power

@lana-blanchard

Indeed! Me, myself, and I do have other aliases. Another name of moi is the Black Mongoose. *Takes a bow*

Who wouldn’t want to jump out of a plane? Me! (Despite me being so marvelous, I am also in fact a tad bit fearful of heights.)

1) Hmmm 🤔 Options 2 and 6 both sound appetizing. I could curl up in a corner and bawl my eyes out or drop on the first mate, a treasure chest, right on his pate! ? I think I will go with the latter (2), which is actually the former, but whatever. 😜.

💼⬇️

🤪

2) Oooo, another great question! Sulking might be a good idea. It would put me in a wonderfully foul mood, and we all know how nice one of those is… of course God just might let the whale swallow me a second time instead of turning me into a vomit comet, so perhaps option 2 would be the best answer.

3) Finally, least but not last… errrr, so perhaps it is last, but back to the question. Life or Death? To be or not to be? That is the question. Is what I desire most in life actually worth my life? Hmmm…. I’ll get back to you on this one. SNACK BREAK!!!!

Lana Blanchard
                                @lana-blanchard

@keilah-h My favorite color is also blue! I have no idea what my warrior name is… hmm. I would likely be a medicine cat, though!

‘My’ fanfic was actually a co-author project with my friend and my sister, and it was about two sister cats who had opposite powers and etc., etc.

I did love Thor Ragnorok! I like Norse mythology and though nearly everything was not mythologically correct, it was just fun. (:

What did you think of Loki, if you’ve seen it? The TV show?

@nova21
                                  Another fantasy supporter!

Project Emiyn sound really cool!

Waffles all the way!! I don’t think I’ve ever had a crepe, but I dislike any pancake except chocolate chip buttermilk. What about for you?

Do you prefer cupcakes or cake?

“what we do in life echoes in eternity” I like that quote!

@koshka
                                  First of all, can we just say how pretty your name is!

Second of all, this quote from your blurb… “Freedom. A land of their own. The poets have somehow kept the hope alive. Soon, the dawn must come. But the night is dark.” is so beautiful.

Jellybeans… *thinks* I love them. What about… Jolly Ranchers? For you?

@elishavet-pidyon
                                  Hi there! My last name is pronounced blan {bland} ch {cheerios} and ard {bard.}

I love those themes!

I’m aiming for strong family themes and sort of… never give up? Also against pride; my themes are strongly against pride.

Breathe underwater.

Probably historical.

Run for my life.

What about you?

My favorite author is either Marissa Meyer or Wendellin Van Draanen. Again, you?

@power
                                  Black Mongoose? *raises eyebrows*

‘a tad bit fearful of heights’ *takes note*

Sulking does sound like quite a good use of time. Hmmm.

Shall you get back to me on that?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >