-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 That is so good! So well written, and it makes me want to read more!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
@freedomwriter76 That’s fun! I have a contemporary fiction that’s a meshing of the lives of several girls, and I’ve been trying to figure out if I can keep it that way or if I need to split it and write each of them their own book in a series. I started it a number of years ago but now I’ve been looking at it and thinking that I have too many main…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years ago
@lydia-s that is so sweet! Don’t throw it out!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
@freedomwriter76 Definitely!
I had some ideas about starting a series to include the different historical fiction WIPs (maybe they’d be part of the same family line or something) but we’ll see what happens with that. At this point I think they’re probably better as stand-alone.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
@freedomwriter76 I agree, ancient history doesn’t hold as much weight for me. I enjoy history overall, but American history is definitely the most interesting to me. The American Revolution is a favorite of mine (I have another WIP from that era but it’s not very fleshed out yet) and I have a few ideas for another one set during the Great…[Read more]
-
Esther started the topic Welp… I’m writing a script… in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Hey everyone!!
So, I’m taking a drama class for school. And we have a pretty small group, so we’ve decided to write our own script to perform. Well, they found out I was a writer so I was commissioned to write the script!
We already have the plot, characters, and all that jazz figured out. But I need help with the actual writing of the scr…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
@freedomwriter76 ooh, ok! Is your favorite time period during WWII, or do you have other time periods in history that you like, too?
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
1) I don’t know if I have just one favorite book, but my favorite series is Dragons In Our Midst by Bryan Davis.
2)Favorite dessert… that’s hard! My mom makes a strawberry cream pie that I really like, and homemade peach ice cream is pretty good, too!
And as for current historical WIP, yes, I do! I’ve been working on one set…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic God in Our Stories in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years ago
@whalekeeper @everyone-else
Wow. So I’ve actually been thinking about this a lot lately. (And have even considered writing an article for KP about it. XD) And my opinion is, there is no “right” way to do it. But there are multiple things that will work.
First off, you could just have a Christian MC or side character who’s faith is very evident…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 3 years ago
Aww, those look awesome!!
-
Trailblazer changed their profile picture 3 years ago
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years ago
@acancello you should share that scene for us to read!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic God in Our Stories in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years ago
@everyone
Another thought I had as I was reading all your comments is that I don’t think any of us will express God the same way in our writing, nor do I think there is necessarily a “right” way. We all have different experiences with God, and those experiences will shape how we portray Him in our stories. And I don’t think that’s a bad thing,…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Howdy! New here in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
@s-tastet
Oohh, I know, AD30 is really good!! I don’t know many people who have read it, though. Have you read AD33 yet or no?
Ooh, awesome! Yeah, me either really, but I don’t mind a little!
Oh goldens are amazing!! They’re just so beautiful and have such a good temperament. I’m not sure what breed I’d be. -
Trailblazer replied to the topic I can’t load a new profile picture… in the forum Questions and Support 3 years ago
@grcr I haven’t been able to upload a profile pic either since I joined. It says it loaded but there’s nothing there.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic God in Our Stories in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years ago
@whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings
I feel like this also depends on the genre you’re writing in. Fantasy/sci-fi is a hard one because it deals with more abstract constructs and is more focused on theme, while something like modern fiction is more black and white- either you have God in the picture or you don’t. I don’t really write fantasy since I…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Howdy! New here in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Welcome! I’m Janessa, and I’m still pretty new here myself! I mainly write contemporary fiction or historical fiction, but I also do journalism. I enjoy photography and hiking as well (hence the name Trailblazer lol).
It looks like you’ve been asked a lot of questions already, but I have one for you, too:
What’s your favorite time…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Howdy! New here in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
@s.tastet
Hi!! Welcome to Kingdom Pen!
I’m hybridlore, or Hybrid, an (also!) homeschooled, teenage girl and Christian! Nice to meet you!
I play the violin, love to read, and mostly write in science fiction or fantasy worlds, though my current WIP leans more toward the dystopian side.What are your favorite books/series besides Harry…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years ago
I love that meet-up story! It’s funny, and I agree, it does sound like something that could actually happen!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Ooooohhh!! This got interesting fast! XD
- Load More
