Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Trailblazer
    @trailblazer
      • Total Posts: 599

Hi! I’m another newbie around here, and new to forums in general, so bear with me as I learn!

My name is Janessa, and I have been writing since I was little. I do a mix of contemporary fiction, historical, and mystery, and I also enjoy journalism. I love reading as well (what writers don’t?), and photography, hiking, and vacationing in the mountains.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Allison
      @acancello
        • Total Posts: 838

@trailblazer

Welcome! I’m Acancello, also known as Allison! I love your username! I’m homeschooled and  I love guinea pigs, dogs, traveling, acting, trying weird food, writing, reading, talking and a lot more 😁! I’m so glad you could come to Kingdom Pen! OK, now I’ll ask you some hopefully not already asked questions 🙂

What’s your favorite book series?

Do you like to do any sports? If not, do you have any other activities you like to do?

How often do you like to write?

Whats your favorite character you have written?

Hope you love KP!!

Esther
        @esther-c
          • Total Posts: 3213

@trailblazer

Welcome to Kingdom Pen, Janessa!

I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving teen girl!

Now it’s time for newbie questions! 😊

1. Of the mountains that you’ve been too, which range is your favorite and why?

2. Who’s your favorite author?

3. What’s your WIP about?

Nice to meet you and hope to see ya around!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

hybridlore
          @hybridlore
            • Total Posts: 1357

@trailblazer Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m hybridlore, or Hybrid, a homeschooled Christian teenager and a sophomore in high school.

No problem, I was entirely new to forums when I joined, too, so don’t worry about it! It’s not too hard to learn how to use!

Oooh, I love all of those genres… I usually write in science fiction or dystopian, but I read everything xD

I also love photography and mountains! What are your favorite books/series?

Oops, haha, I guess you were already asked that question. I’ll just wait for the answer too xD

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by hybridlore.

There is always light behind the clouds.
            - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

-GRCR-
            @grcr
              • Total Posts: 947

@trailblazer

Hi there! I’m Julia, or GRCR. I’m a fiction writer and artist (and a journalist in my fictional newspaper lol).

Photography sounds fun! 🙃

Here’s another question: If you were going to come up with an entirely original book, what would you create first, the world or the characters?

Hope you enjoy it here on KP! 😊

“What be a cretin?”
              “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

Trailblazer
              @trailblazer

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Favorite series… I think I have to say Bryan Davis’ Dragons In Our Midst series is my favorite! In case any of you haven’t read it, it’s three series of four books in one larger series, a total of twelve books. I have the first two series and I’ve read it multiple times over! And in saying that, I think Bryan Davis is probably my favorite author, even though I haven’t read all of his books.

I’m not big on sports… The most active I get is hiking lol. Ooh and badminton is fun, but that’s more of a leisure activity, I guess.

As for how often I write, it depends on whether I have writer’s block or not. I try to write a little bit every day, but sometimes I just lack the inspiration.

Sort of along those lines, I have several WIPs that I bounce around between, depending on which one I’m motivated to work on. The two that I’ve been working on most recently would be A, a historical fiction set in the midwest in the late 1800s, and B, a more contemporary fiction following the lives of several girls throughout high school/young adult years. My favorite character right now is probably from the latter, named Kari. Her life story is different from mine, but her personality and some of her interests are very similar to me. ( I feel like a lot of my characters are like me, though lol)

And my favorite mountains… I think the North Cascades in Washington would probably be my favorite. I’ve really only been to the mountains in Washington/Oregon, the Grand Tetons, and the White Mountains in New Hampshire, and the Cascades hold special memories for me because I was there during a rough season of my life and God encountered me in some pretty cool ways.

Trailblazer
                @trailblazer

Oh, and if I were to create an entirely original book, I think the characters would probably come first.

Light Warrior Pen
                  @light-warrior-pen
                    • Total Posts: 103

@trailblazer

Hey! I’m Light Warrior Pen, a romantic suspense writer (I also dabble in contemporary). I was also clueless when I joined KP, but it’s not that hard. Just comment on the different topics and start your own if you like. As you can see, there’s a variety.

Questions:

Do you like to put romance in your books?

If you could go anywhere and didn’t have to worry about time, money, people, or safety, where would you go?

Favorite movie/TV show genre?

Welcome to Kingdom Pen!

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

Trailblazer
                    @trailblazer

@light-warrior-pen

I do like to put some romance in my stories, but it’s not usually the central theme. Too much mushy-gushy turns me off, but I like sweet stories if they’re written right.

If I could go anywhere… that’s tough! I would love to tour Europe, especially France and Switzerland.

Honestly, I’m not really into movies/TV shows. However, I did go to see the Jesus Revolution earlier this year and that’s definitely on the top of my list!

Sara
                      @savannah_grace2009
                        • Total Posts: 1986

@trailblazer

Hi! You’re going to love KP! 🙂

My name is Sara and I’ve been writing ever since I was about eight years old, at which age I wrote about a 20 page story on Word (looking back, there are some major plot holes, but oh well, i was eight!)

I’m writing an allegory about a fantasy world called Andromeda. I’m trying to get some “beta readers” to critique what I have so far, so if you’re interested, let me know and i’ll tag you where I have it posted!

Oh yeah, I love Jesus Revolution too! Instead of taking me to prom at my school (because my parents don’t really appreciate that kind of thing), my dad took me on a father-daughter date to see that movie.

I would also love to tour Europe, especially Paris, France or Germany!

Hope you enjoy Kingdom Pen!

Lukas&Livia
                        #Lalbert
                        Sef&Chase
                        #HOTTOLINE
                        LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Sara
                        @savannah_grace2009

@trailblazer

I also like badminton!

Lukas&Livia
                          #Lalbert
                          Sef&Chase
                          #HOTTOLINE
                          LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Trailblazer
                          @trailblazer

@savannah_grace2009

Haha I just added a reply to your topic before I saw that you replied on mine! Nice to meet you!

Sara
                            @savannah_grace2009

@trailblazer

Lol! Same to you 🙂

Lukas&Livia
                              #Lalbert
                              Sef&Chase
                              #HOTTOLINE
                              LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 8156

@trailblazer Hi Janessa, and welcome to KP!!!

Ooooohhh, historical you say? 🤩✨ If you don’t mind me asking…do you have a current historical WIP?

Again, hi there! I’m Freedom, a Christian teen girl, homeschooler, writer, Southerner, music fan, bookworm, history buff, Marvel nerd (especially Bucky Barnes, Steve Rogers, and Pietro Maximoff (recently becoming a fav of mine…😆)), and a girl that has too many WIPs, almost as many Marvel Fanfictions, and a writer that has a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction! I’ve been on KP for over a year, and with currently being in the process of editing my first finished novel, I still consider myself very much a newbie to this whole writing thing, but if you have any questions about KP or even writing, I’m never opposed to helping out the best I can 😊

A couple newbie questions for you!! (and I apologize if any of these are repeats…I didn’t read through all of the messages XD😅)

1. What’s your all-time favorite book?
                                2. Favorite dessert?
                                Trailblazer
                                @trailblazer

@freedomwriter76

1) I don’t know if I have just one favorite book, but my favorite series is Dragons In Our Midst by Bryan Davis.

2)Favorite dessert… that’s hard! My mom makes a strawberry cream pie that I really like, and homemade peach ice cream is pretty good, too!

And as for current historical WIP, yes, I do! I’ve been working on one set in the late 1800s, following my MC Libbie Hopkins as her family moves from Pennsylvania to a frontier town in Nebraska. Most of what I have written currently is about her life in Nebraska, but I want to add a little more context from their journey.

What’s your current historical WIP about?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >