Writing about weddings and kissing and more!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Romance Writing about weddings and kissing and more!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    Allison
    @acancello
      • Total Posts: 838

@lydia-s

Awww, I love it! You should definitively keep it, its so sweet!

@savannah_grace2009

I love it! Poor Sef, at least she has Lilitu. 🙂

Trailblazer
      @trailblazer
        • Total Posts: 606

@savannah_grace2009 That is so good! So well written, and it makes me want to read more!

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Sara
        @savannah_grace2009
          • Total Posts: 1995

@trailblazer @acancello

Thanks! If you want to read more, I can tag you on the forum where I am posting the whole story and asking for critiques.

I feel so bad for Sef but I LOVE their relationship! It makes me so happy! 🙂

Lukas&Livia
          #Lalbert
          Sef&Chase
          #HOTTOLINE
          LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Trailblazer
          @trailblazer

@savannah_grace2009 sure! That sounds cool!

Lydia S.
            @lydia-s
              • Total Posts: 399

@whalekeeper

I’m honored…

@trailblazer
              @acancello

aww, thank you! And don’t worry; this scene is sticking around for a while. Unless I ditch the novel, in which case I will recycle said scene. I love it very much, hehe. 😉

@savannah_grace2009

Aww!!! That’s so sad and yet so sweet. Great work!

Sara
              @savannah_grace2009

@lydia-s if you want to read more I’ll tag you when i post this chapter!

Thanks! It’s one of my favorites!

Lukas&Livia
                #Lalbert
                Sef&Chase
                #HOTTOLINE
                LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Light Warrior Pen
                @light-warrior-pen
                  • Total Posts: 103

@savannah_grace2009

Great Job!

@lydia-s

Ooo, mushy! I like it.

@acancello
                  @trailblazer @ everyone-else-on-here

So … I’m planning to get two of my characters engaged! Anyone have tips on proposal scenes?

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

Allison
                  @acancello

@light-warrior-pen

Ooh, thats a hard question! I am not really sure what to expect so I dont think I can give any good advice 🙂 I would guess, though, it really depends on your characters as of dramatic/action packed proposal or calm/sweet one! I would also guess there would be a lot of emotion in that scene. Hope that helps!

hybridlore
                    @hybridlore
                      • Total Posts: 1359

@light-warrior-pen

I wanna say watch proposal videos but search results for that might be a little weird, idk lol. I would say try to make it specific to the characters –if you can, maybe give them an inside joke or something like that, or maybe one of them quotes something the other said earlier, if that makes sense. I love scenes like that 😊

There is always light behind the clouds.
                      - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Trailblazer
                      @trailblazer

@light-warrior-pen If you’re going for a sweet proposal, and you have your characters well developed, have the guy plan something that would be special to the girl for reasons that only they are aware of, or bring in the location of their first date or something. Idk the context of your story or their relationship, but it’s always more special if the guy knows what would be perfect for the girl and goes out of his way to plan it.

Sara
                        @savannah_grace2009

@light-warrior-pen

thank you! I love Sef and Lilitu, they are SO CUTE <3

Lukas&Livia
                          #Lalbert
                          Sef&Chase
                          #HOTTOLINE
                          LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Janellebelovedpig
                          @janellebelovedpig
                            • Total Posts: 146

@light-warrior-pen

Once upon a time, a fellow was excited to ask his lady. He’d prayed, talked to her folks, and prayed some more, and everything had the green light. He didn’t have a ring, but he had a gal and it was time. It was 4 in the morning, though. So he waited. 4:30… 5:00… 5:30… 6:00 he went over to her house. Now he didn’t quite know this yet, but she wasn’t really much of a morning person. But she took his offered flowers and joined him on a walk to a grassy hill overlooking the college campus where they’d met. As they sat on a rock, he asked her, “Would you be my partner and bride in the Gospel?” Similar to when he’d asked her out, she looked at him and didn’t say anything. For a long time. “Would you like some time to pray about it?” She nodded, still not saying a word. She had classes that evening, but sent word to meet her at the dam overflow. They rendezvoused out there, but there was a noisy crowd and noisy gushing water, so they drove a little ways away to a peaceful field. “Oh no,” the fellow thought, “she’s trying to let me down easy.” She turned to him and answered, to his delight, “Yes!” And she gave him a big ol’ hug. His heart soared and danced a jig inside of himself. Then she asked, “Now what?”

Once upon a time a feller was excited to ask his gal. Scheming with his two younger bros, he set up tiki torches, flowers, and things in his grandma’s backyard by the lake. Then he, elaborating a reason to go out, went to pick up his gal in his old white Chevy truck, blindfolding her and driving her out to the prepared place. Helping her down the steps to the backyard, he took off her blindfold. The bros had lit the torches and watched from a distance, just like their grandma from up in the shadows of the screened in porch. Down the path of tiki torches, a number of which had significance, he led her to a table that had three vases and two bouquets, one of 12 representing his family and one with 3 representing her family and one in the middle with two, representing his intentions. Her eyes teared up and I’m not quite sure how much she remembers he said or how much his nervous vocal chords were able to project. He bent his knee and asked. She said yes.

Once upon a time a man and his girlfriend were with the rest of their church at a conference over the end of December and were staying up late to pray in the New Year. They’d been through a lot in their 4 months dating, with his dad’s cancer and all. They’d been talking about a lot of things, and proposal hung thick in the air and on their minds. So when he asked her to go on a prayer walk with him, her heart jumped. But he answered her quizzical face by saying, “Don’t worry, I’m not going to ask you to marry me tonight.” They walked a ways, praying together as they walked. God was sending whispers to the man’s heart. It was time. It was time to ask. He nervously shifted around as she was praying, shivering like it was only the cold. “…Amen,” she closed and he suggested they walk back. Then fireworks lit up the January sky. It was a new year. The man cleared his throat, “Hey, actually, there’s something God has put on my heart to ask you…”

And she said yes.

No ring shops open in the wee hours of the morning, he simply scrawled with a permanent marker on her ring finger. Later when he relayed the story to his family, he realized, *Huh, I didn’t break my word. I didn’t ask her to marry me that night. …I did it first thing in the morning.”

Once upon a time a feller and a lady were courting. At first their relationship was an “if,” seeing if the Lord wanted them together. Then, a few months later as they felt confident in His will, it became a “when.”

“I have some things I need to figure out first,” he told her, “But be aware that a question is coming.”

One saying that had been going around their college group ever since a sermon on the subject was “seven goat gal,” which if you know the tradition, you give the father of the bride goats and most gifts are 3 or so goats, depending on how much you consider her worth. To have a “7 goat gal” means you love her a whole lot and value her very highly, paying a large price in exchange for her. This feller loves his lady. His seven goat lady. So, her dad not being a farmer and this being modern day, he bought 4 big toy goats and 3 baby toy goats, corresponding to 4 big reasons from God and 3 little reasons about her that led him to choose her as his bride. With a lovingly designed 3D printed ring, the feller met the lady at their prearranged sunrise watching that Saturday morning. As they watched the sunrise, he presented her with the goats, the ring, and the question.

She said yes.

Those are my parents’, brothers’, and their wives’ stories. Real life is the best inspiration. 🙂

Light Warrior Pen
                            @light-warrior-pen
                              • Total Posts: 103

@acancello

You’re right, there probably would be a whole bunch of emotion on both sides. 🤔 I’ll have to work that in.

@hybridlore

I might have to try that. Thanks! 😊

@trailblazer

Good point! Unfortunately, I haven’t really shown any of her favorite things yet. I guess I should probably fix that. 😂

@janellebelovedpig

Wow, that’s awesome you have all those stories. Thank you for sharing! Those are so cute. You’ve given me some ideas. 😃

Thanks you so much, everyone!

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

hybridlore
                              @hybridlore
                                • Total Posts: 1359

@light-warrior-pen

Of course!

@janellebelovedpig

Aww, those are so sweet!

There is always light behind the clouds.
                                - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Allison
                                @acancello

@janellebelovedpig

Thank you for sharing all of those, they are so sweet!💗

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 118 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >