Howdy! New here

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Howdy! New here

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    benfranklin
    @s-tastet
      • Total Posts: 18

I’m a teenager trying to do hard things for Christ. I recently heard my friends say she submitted for Kingdom Pen and looked into this site. This looks amazing and I’m glad there are opportunities for teens to use their skills for Christ!

I like to write for fun and I do a lot of writing for school (homeschooled). I’ve also submitted an article for the Rebelution and am anxiously waiting for that!

I have a blog about writing that I just made, here’s the link: https://itsawritinginprogress.blogspot.com/?m=1

It’s so cool to be here!

I’m a Christ-following writer making rich, wholesome, God-reflecting stories and essays. Check out

Allison
      @acancello
        • Total Posts: 838

@s-tastet

Welcome! I’m Acancello, also known as Allison! I’m also homeschooled and I’m in 10th grade. I love guinea pigs, dogs, traveling, acting, trying weird food, writing, reading, talking and a lot more 😁! I write Dystopian and post-apocalyptic books. I’m so glad you could come to Kingdom Pen! OK, now I’ll ask you some hopefully not already asked questions 😉

What’s your favorite book series?

Do you like to do any sports? If not, do you have any other activities you like to do?

How often do you like to write?

What is your favorite character you have written?

I see you have your blog on blogspot, I do to! Heres the link if you want to check it out 🙂

acancello.blogspot.com

Hope you love KP!!

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Allison.
        HighScribe
        @highscribeofaetherium
          • Total Posts: 2226

@s-tastet

Hello!! Nice to meet you and welcome!! Your blog looks cool,  I’ll check it out when I hate time 🙂

I’m HighScribe, a fantasy-writing homeschooled teen and Jesus follower!

A couple questions:

What genres do you write?

Hobbies besides writing?

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Anyway, see you around 😉

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

benfranklin
          @s-tastet

That is literally the coolest, girl.

Favorite book series? I am a basic fall-time white girl, so I definitely pick Harry Potter.

GURL I love sports. I play softball and I enjoy skateboarding (though not competitively). I also love to fish and shoot guns (usually with my dad).

I am trying to write more often, so that’s why I started my blog. I write a few times every week if you don’t include writing for school.

My favorite character I’ve written is one based on myself that I’ve had in my mind since I was twelve. The book idea hasn’t been fully written yet, just outlines and character sketches though.

I’ll definitely check that out!

I’m a Christ-following writer making rich, wholesome, God-reflecting stories and essays. Check out

Allison
            @acancello

@s-tastet

Oooh! I loooove Harry Potter! Which book is your favorite? I absolutely can not skateboard at all but can roller skate.🤣 I’m not a big fan of fishing, my brother loves it so he makes me do it with him, but I also love to go shooting with my dad, we have a big property and a shooting range in the woods! 😀  Nice to meet you!

benfranklin
              @s-tastet

I like to write fiction. I don’t write books (yet) but I have written a short story and a million essays. Mainly I’m interested in traditional fantasy and historical fiction.

I have many hobbies. I love to play softball, skateboard, work out, talk, read, and play piano. I also have several interests.

I think a hotdog is a whole new category. It’s complicated but I could write an essay about it.

-GRCR-
                @grcr
                  • Total Posts: 947

@s-tastet

Hi there! I’m Julia, or GRCR! I’m a fiction writer and artist (and a journalist for my fictional newspaper lol)

Welcome to KP! 😁

As is the tradition, here are some “ask the newbie” questions:

If you have any characters, how many do you have?

Which perspective do you enjoy most: first person (I walked), second person (You walked), or third person (He/she walked)?

And, if you were going to write an entirely original and new book, what would you create first: the world or the characters?

Hope you enjoy KP, and I’ll see you around! 🙃

“What be a cretin?”
                  “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

benfranklin
                  @s-tastet

I honestly can’t choose. But my favorite is either the first or the seventh.

benfranklin
                    @s-tastet

I don’t actually know how many I’ve come up with. But I’d estimate about twenty (yeah I have no idea).

I think I like third-person omniscient.

That’s hard to choose. I think I usually do characters first.

Awesome meeting you, dude!

Allison
                      @acancello

@s-tastet

Those are good, I cant choose either. Probably 2 and 4 and 7. But then I also like 1, 3, 5 , 6 also 🙂

Wait you like to work out???🤯 I looove working out🤣 My brother thinks I’m crazy, but I think its fun, 😀

-GRCR-
                        @grcr
                          • Total Posts: 947

@s-tastet

Lol

Same. I love third person.

Creating the characters first is always fun….

🙃

“What be a cretin?”
                          “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

benfranklin
                          @s-tastet

In conclusion: all of them are good 😂

hybridlore
                            @hybridlore
                              • Total Posts: 1357

@s.tastet

Hi!! Welcome to Kingdom Pen!

I’m hybridlore, or Hybrid, an (also!) homeschooled, teenage girl and Christian! Nice to meet you!

I play the violin, love to read, and mostly write in science fiction or fantasy worlds, though my current WIP leans more toward the dystopian side.

What are your favorite books/series besides Harry Potter?

What’s your favorite short story or essay you’ve written?

What breed of dog would you be?

And, I’ve got to get ready for bed, so it was nice to meet you! Again, welcome!!

There is always light behind the clouds.
                              - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Trailblazer
                              @trailblazer
                                • Total Posts: 599

@s-tastet

Welcome! I’m Janessa, and I’m still pretty new here myself! I mainly write contemporary fiction or historical fiction, but I also do journalism. I enjoy photography and hiking as well (hence the name Trailblazer lol).

It looks like you’ve been asked a lot of questions already, but I have one for you, too:

What’s your favorite time period in history and why?

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

benfranklin
                                @s-tastet

Yas queen!

Bro, it’s really hard to choose a favorite book or series. I do love PJO and Anne of Green Gables. My favorite book, though, would probably be A.D. 30 by Ted Dekker.

I wrote a short story at writing camp about a constellation falling in love with an Athenian soldier. I’m not a romance person, but I liked the history lol.

I’d probably be a golden retriever or a weird obnoxious ugly one.

Thanks, gurl!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >