Hello!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 8156

@trailblazer Ok, sounds cool!! 😄😁

And as for current historical WIP, yes, I do! I’ve been working on one set in the late 1800s, following my MC Libbie Hopkins as her family moves from Pennsylvania to a frontier town in Nebraska. Most of what I have written currently is about her life in Nebraska, but I want to add a little more context from their journey.

OOH, sounds really cool!!! ✨🤩

Well, I’m currently in the process of editing it, but it’s about Leon Wagner, a Jewish young man, husband, and father, and Riker Schind, a young German man that is also a husband and father and an SS lieutenant, a novel about WWII in general, but it’s more essentially about the Holocaust. 🙂

Trailblazer
      @trailblazer
        • Total Posts: 599

@freedomwriter76 ooh, ok! Is your favorite time period during WWII, or do you have other time periods in history that you like, too?

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Anonymous

@trailblazer I have others that I enjoy (i have WIP ideas set in 1st Century Israel, the American Revolution, American Civil War, Korean War, Vietnam War, Afghanistan War, etc), but WWII is overwhelmingly my favorite time period to read, write, and study for sure 😁

My other top 2 favs are probably the American Revolution and the Civil War 😀

I love pretty much all History though…although it really has to be entertaining for me to pay attention to Ancient history 😅

Trailblazer
          @trailblazer

@freedomwriter76 I agree, ancient history doesn’t hold as much weight for me. I enjoy history overall, but American history is definitely the most interesting to me. The American Revolution is a favorite of mine (I have another WIP from that era but it’s not very fleshed out yet) and I have a few ideas for another one set during the Great Depression/possibly leading into WWII.

When I was pretty little, like six or seven, I went through a huge Laura Ingalls Wilder phase, and I still like that time period/setting a lot, too (if you can’t tell by the WIP I already told you about lol).

Anonymous

@trailblazer oooh, if you ever figure out more about those ideas, lemme know 😉

It’s an interesting time period for sure!! 😀

Trailblazer
              @trailblazer

@freedomwriter76 Definitely!

I had some ideas about starting a series to include the different historical fiction WIPs (maybe they’d be part of the same family line or something) but we’ll see what happens with that. At this point I think they’re probably better as stand-alone.

Anonymous

@trailblazer ooh, that’d be really cool!!

I kinda do that with my books a little, lol! Pretty much all of the characters are connected in some way…one of my favorite things to do, honestly 😂

Trailblazer
                  @trailblazer

@freedomwriter76 That’s fun! I have a contemporary fiction that’s a meshing of the lives of several girls, and I’ve been trying to figure out if I can keep it that way or if I need to split it and write each of them their own book in a series. I started it a number of years ago but now I’ve been looking at it and thinking that I have too many main characters and it might be better to separate them a little bit, even if they all still live in the same town and are friends.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  >