Writing about weddings and kissing and more!

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Genre-Writing Romance Writing about weddings and kissing and more!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    hybridlore
    @hybridlore
      • Total Posts: 1359

@acancello

XXD that’s hilarious! I wouldn’t worry about it, it seems realistic enough.

There is always light behind the clouds.
      - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Allison
      @acancello
        • Total Posts: 838

@hybridlore @freedomwriter76

Thank you guys! I’m glad you like it!😂

Trailblazer
        @trailblazer
          • Total Posts: 606

@acancello

I love that meet-up story! It’s funny, and I agree, it does sound like something that could actually happen!

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Allison
          @acancello

@trailblazer

Thank you!

Light Warrior Pen
            @light-warrior-pen
              • Total Posts: 103

@acancello

I love it! 🤣 I played that in my mind and laughed.

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

Allison
              @acancello

@light-warrior-pen

Thank you! I also played it in my mind as I was writing and was very proud of how real/funny it sounded!😂

Trailblazer
                @trailblazer

@acancello you should share that scene for us to read!

Allison
                  @acancello

@trailblazer

I will! (Once I write it, lol!) I have the perfect idea in my mind so I will work on that once I finish this chapter in my WIP. 😀

Allison
                    @acancello

@trailblazer @light-warrior-pen @hybridlore @freedomwriter76

Here it is!

Before I could think any further, I collapsed on a bed, and fell asleep. I had a dream, one that filled me with pure happiness. It was the story of how my parents met. The story was told many times and each time, mom could not ever stop laughing and dad still felt a little bad about what he had done. In the dream, I was watching them, as I had imagined the scene went and I could hear mom telling it in the background.
                      “It was a Saturday, “ Mom always started, “I was seventeen years old and I had to go to the grocery store for my mom who needed a few groceries, she couldn’t go to the store because of her broken ankle.”
                      Her voice faded. I watched in my head, as mom, a slender, red haired teenager, walking through the sliding doors with a bit of annoyance on her face. She grabbed a basket, walked down an aisle and began to scan the shelves, glancing from time to time at her phone. She put the occasional item in and slowly moved along the lines of shelves, clearly in deep thought.
                      Then I noticed my dad, very handsome and young, probably around the same age as Scott, wearing the store uniform. He was high up on a ladder stocking rice. Mom did not pay any attention to him, but stood with her back to the ladder looking at another shelf of chips.
                      Dad was humming to himself, earbuds plugged in. He reached inside a cardboard box that was precariously balanced on the upper rung, pulled out a bag of rice, and then the whole box fell off the rung. He tried to grab it, but it made its descent… onto moms head.
                      Mom gave a cry of shock and fell onto her knees. There were only about six bags of rice, four pounds each, but the shock must have been frightening.
                      Dads eyes turned wide as tennis balls as he scurried down the ladder and knelt next to mom.
                      “Gosh! I’m sorry! Are you ok? I didn’t mean to. I…I…” He lost his words when mom looked up.
                      “I’m fine, thanks.” She muttered, “do you always do that to unsuspecting ladies?”
                      Dad tried to hold in a laugh but failed, mom even managed to crack a grin.
                      “I’m really sorry,” he said again lifting out his hand to pull her up, which she took, “are you ok?”
                      “I’m fine,” she said, between a sigh and a laugh, “just a little shaken up.”
                      “Good, what’s your name?”
                      “Susanna.” She replied, letting go of his hand quickly once she got up.
                      He grinned, “I’m Blake. Its very nice to meet you,” he thought a moment, “Are you busy tonight, Miss?”
                      She blushed a deep red, “No. No, I’m not.”
                      “Want to meet at the park?”
                      She smiled, “Alright.”
                      “Great! See you then!”

He handed her a slip of paper with his number and began to pick up his spilled product, as she walked away, smiling.

So thats about it! Its not edited yet, so ignore the mistakes 🙂

Light Warrior Pen
                      @light-warrior-pen
                        • Total Posts: 103

@acancello

Cute! I can tell they’re young and it seems like something that could happen. Great job!

This girl is armed with books, coffee, and writing accoutrements!

Allison
                        @acancello

@light-warrior-pen

Thank you so much💗 That made my day!

Lydia S.
                          @lydia-s
                            • Total Posts: 399

@power

Reinforcements have arrived.

here is the most romantic thing I have ever written.

Let the gagging begin. *cackles*

@everyone else

Here’s this! I wrote it a while back, so it needs edited. I thought I’d throw it out anyway, tho. 😉

The door gave way easily, letting Emmett out into the open air. He could hear the soft burbling of the fountain, the chirping of insects, and the faint warbling of music from the ballroom. His breath caught in his throat as he saw her. Was she ever beautiful!

Adelaide seemed to hear him approaching and turned to greet him. She smiled, but her pale cheeks spoke of prior tears.

Emmett bowed, attempting a smile. “Your highness.”

She dipped a curtsy. “Good evening, general—excuse me—your highness.”

“That sounds a bit strange, doesn’t it?” He crossed to stand next to her by the fountain.

“Perhaps. But it is well deserved.”

For a long minute, neither spoke. Emmett watched her out of the corner of his eye, as she reached forward to catch some of the fountain’s spray in her hand. He heaved a sigh and turned towards her. “I’m sorry you had to marry me.”

She glanced up at him quickly. “Why would you say that?”

His gaze fell to the pool as he leaned his arm against the marble rim. “I’m not most handsome man in the world, I know,” he began, casting a rueful glance at where his right arm should have been. “And I don’t come from a noble family. Before your father rewarded my family, my father was a simple potato farmer. And I’m far from wealthy. If the king had asked for your dowry in gold, I could not have begun to pay it. As it is, what money I do have is a gift from your father. I can’t offer you anything—not even a home—that he has not given me. To put it simply, I’m not nearly good enough to marry the daughter of a king.”

Adelaide gave a low laugh. “I beg your pardon, but I have to disagree with you on all three points. Any woman who does not consider you handsome must be blind. You deprecate yourself because of your origins, but I find it admirable. You worked your way to the place you are now. You’re son-in-law to the king because you deserve the position. And as for the money,” she shrugged, “the same is true for me. All that I have has also been a gift from my father. You needn’t apologize. I’d rather be married to you than to anyone else.” She turned her face away, studying a flower-covered trellis across the garden.

Emmett didn’t answer. He’d caught a glimpse of something in her eyes, heard something in her voice, that made him hope. Maybe… Maybe she…

“It’s a beautiful night,” she quavered. Her lips trembled.

His heart lurched. Reaching forward, he touched her arm. “Addy,” he whispered.

Adelaide spun to face him, and their eyes met. In those green depths, he saw what he’d been looking for.

A sharp intake of breath hissed through Emmett’s teeth as he slipped his arm around his wife’s waist and pulled her close. Adelaide wrapped her arms around him and buried her face in his shoulder.

Emmett could feel Adelaide’s heartbeat. Somehow, it coincided so nicely with his, like it belonged there.

The fountain’s quiet murmur filled the air. Then, Emmett felt the fountain inside Adelaide burst. All the fear, all the confusion, all the pain she’d bottled up for so long spilled out. She cried.

Emmett held her shaking frame as tightly as his one arm would allow. And she clung to him, gripping handfuls of his coat like she was afraid he’d tear away.

“It’s alright, Addy,” he heard himself whispering. “It’s alright. I love you. I love you so, so much. It’s alright, sweetheart.”

She didn’t answer. She couldn’t. It took several minutes for the tears to subside enough for Adelaide to be able to speak again. When she did, she murmured, “I’m sorry. I didn’t want to cry. I just…” She sighed and nestled closer.

He kissed the top of her head in response.

Feeling the caress, she tilted her head up to look at him. Teardrops still glistened on her eyelashes, but a soft glow filled her eyes and face. Emmett bent his head to rest his forehead against hers, as Adelaide’s arms slid up to twine themselves around his neck. Bending still further, he kissed her softly, lingering for a moment with his face near hers.

“Don’t let go,” she breathed into the stillness.

“Never,” he whispered.

Whaley
                            @whalekeeper
                              • Total Posts: 2637

Y’all…

The impossible has happened.

The unthinkable, the imperceivable, the indescribable.

It has happened to me, Whaley.

Y’all.

@lydia-s
                              made me squeal over a kiss.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Trailblazer
                              @trailblazer

@lydia-s that is so sweet! Don’t throw it out!

Sara
                                @savannah_grace2009
                                  • Total Posts: 1995

@power

like @lydia-s said: reinforcements have arrived!

Most romantic thing I’ve written (i mean it’s not that romantic but it still makes me happy every time I read it!)

“Sef!”

Sef heard the door crash open upstairs and began to panic. It was late, and the odds that Iver had not been drinking were next to impossible. She knew she should answer, she knew that hiding would only make him worse, but she was paralyzed with the cold hands of fear.

“Come out, come out, wherever you are,” Iver mocked her. His speech was slurred, his voice dangerously low. Sef fought back a sob. He had only to come down the stairs, to look under the bed…and he would find her.

She closed her eyes and curled into a fetal position in the dirt under the bed.

“I’m going to count to five,” Iver growled. “One,” the sound of glass breaking reached Sef. She covered her ears, willing to blot out the sounds, and the world, which had not been kind to her. Bile rose up into her throat. He had definitely been drinking, and not just a little. Her whole body convulsed with fear until she was sure he could hear her from the floor above her. Iver swore and something else shattered, evading Sef’s hands covering her ears. She knew that she would be the one cleaning the mess up the next morning. “Two,” a door slammed. “I’m going to find you, you know,” he whispered in a singsong voice that was meant to coax Sef out of hiding, but Sef couldn’t have done so even if she wanted to with all her limbs a quivering mess and frozen in fear. “Three,” Sef heard his heavy boots as he descended the steps.

“Please, no,” she whimpered.

“Four,” Sef dared to open one eye and stifled a scream as she found Iver’s cruel grin inches from her face. “Five,” Iver caught her wrist and dragged her out from underneath the bed. Sef squeezed her eyes shut as Iver shook her by the shoulders until her teeth knocked against each other with surprising force and her neck got whiplash. “I told you to come out,” he screamed at her, and he cursed again. Sef forced a quick nod, but it was too late. As if in slow motion, she saw Iver pull back his fist to swing.

Sef sat up and screamed.

For a moment she forgot where she was. As she glanced around like a frightened doe, the chilly night air, the sounds of the forest, and the flames that danced against the darkness snapped her back to reality.

In an instant, Lilitu was at her side.

“What is it? Are you alright?”

Sef numbly nodded. Every muscle was shaking. She was not alright.

Lilitu ignored her like the angel he was and cradled her shaking form against his body.

“He can’t hurt you anymore,” his voice was low and he tucked a strand of her soft green hair behind her ear. “I promise I won’t let him hurt you again.” Sef took in a shaky breath. They had grown up so fast…it seemed like only yesterday that her and Lilitu played hide and seek under the cedars around the slums. In a blink of an eye, they were both fifteen, and now their lives seemed so different. She used to see the good in everything, yet now everything was tainted with fear, with pain. Lilitu had changed as well. The immature boy that used to stick out his tongue out at her was now holding her in his arms. Tears pricked her eyes as she wondered how he could be so good to her when others could be so cruel.

Sef stared into the crackling fire with eyes filled with fear. Against her will, tears fell down her face.

“It’s okay to cry,” Lilitu told her, rocking her as if she was a small child. “I’m here.” The words stirred up a feeling in her stomach like the warmth of the fire.

“You should really go back to sleep,” she forced the words out between her chattering teeth. “I’m okay-”

“No!” Lilitu’s voice was sharper than he intended and he felt Sef flinch. “It’s okay to not be okay,” he reassured her. He wished that he could make Sef believe it.

The two stared into the fire until Sef fell asleep, and even then, Lilitu still held her. It was times like these when he hated himself for not holding her before when she needed him most. He somehow blamed himself for the way she had been treated, and he hadn’t noticed. Even when her arms had been wrapped in bandages, he hadn’t bothered to wonder if Sef was lying about how she got the cuts. Somehow, he should have known, he thought. He should have cared more, been better for her.

He gently laid Sef’s head back on the ground and covered her with the blankets that she had thrown off during her dreams. He tossed another log onto the fire before crawling back to his makeshift bed and drifting into sleep. He would need it for the days to come.

Lukas&Livia
                                  #Lalbert
                                  Sef&Chase
                                  #HOTTOLINE
                                  LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 118 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >