-
hybridlore replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years ago
@acancello
XXD that’s hilarious! I wouldn’t worry about it, it seems realistic enough. -
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hi from Sara! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Yeah that’s rough, especially when your siblings aren’t old enough to quite understand! I have two younger brothers, so we weren’t really playing together anymore by the time I made the switch to public school, but they definitely felt like it wasn’t fair that I got off the hook with chores easier than they did. But that…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Figuring out how to forge friendships between two characters in the forum Plotting 3 years, 1 month ago
That is true! I easily forget to pray before I sit down to write, but I want to make it more of a habit!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hi from Sara! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Yeah I remember coming home from school and needing to just shut myself in my room for a little while lol. The first week especially was mentally exhausting.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Haha I just added a reply to your topic before I saw that you replied on mine! Nice to meet you!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hi from Sara! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Hi! I’m Janessa, aka Trailblazer, and I’m new here, too!
I’m familiar with having one foot in both worlds of schooling- I was homeschooled kindergarten through 11th grade and then God asked me to go to public school for my senior year. I got a better education as a homeschooler, but I wasn’t in public school for the education…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Figuring out how to forge friendships between two characters in the forum Plotting 3 years, 1 month ago
I saw one of the articles (which was actually how I discovered KP) but I still couldn’t think of something. Maybe I’ll go back and look at it again, and try to find some other ones, and brainstorm from there.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
I do like to put some romance in my stories, but it’s not usually the central theme. Too much mushy-gushy turns me off, but I like sweet stories if they’re written right.
If I could go anywhere… that’s tough! I would love to tour Europe, especially France and Switzerland.
Honestly, I’m not really into movies/TV shows.…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer started the topic Figuring out how to forge friendships between two characters in the forum Plotting 3 years, 1 month ago
Hey guys!
I’ve been struggling a bit with finding a good way to form a bond between two of my characters who don’t initially click.
For context, it’s a historical fiction set in the late 1800s. The story kicks off when my MC, Libbie Hopkins, moves from central Pennsylvania (her family has roots there from the American Revolution, which is in…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hi from Sara! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
@savannah_grace9208
Sorry, got distracted lol. I liked it! I didn’t really have too much feedback on that part. Sorry, I gtg! I’ll ttyl!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
XXD honestly, I sort of wish I could slow down and read normally sometimes.. it’s just, when I get so caught up in a book I don’t want to lol. But I guess it is a nice skill to have for other things, just I feel like I miss things sometimes. I’m glad I don’t have to read every single word, though.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hi from Sara! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Okay awesome!! I’ll check it out! No problem lol.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Oh, and if I were to create an entirely original book, I think the characters would probably come first.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Thanks for the welcome, guys!
Favorite series… I think I have to say Bryan Davis’ Dragons In Our Midst series is my favorite! In case any of you haven’t read it, it’s three series of four books in one larger series, a total of twelve books. I have the first two series and I’ve read it multiple times over! And in saying that, I think Bryan Davis…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
@trailblazer Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m hybridlore, or Hybrid, a homeschooled Christian teenager and a sophomore in high school.
No problem, I was entirely new to forums when I joined, too, so don’t worry about it! It’s not too hard to learn how to use!
Oooh, I love all of those genres… I usually write in science fiction or dystopian, but I…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Welcome to Kingdom Pen, Janessa!
I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving teen girl!
Now it’s time for newbie questions! 😊
1. Of the mountains that you’ve been too, which range is your favorite and why?
2. Who’s your favorite author?
3. What’s your WIP about?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hi from Sara! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Ooof, yeah, that’s crazy. Yeah, I get where you’re coming from. It’s hard to find friends when everyone already knows everyone, and hard feeling like an outsider too. Oh, yeah. There are a lot of people who claim to be Christians and don’t act it which is sad because it turns nonbelievers away. But I know we all have things we…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer started the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Hi! I’m another newbie around here, and new to forums in general, so bear with me as I learn!
My name is Janessa, and I have been writing since I was little. I do a mix of contemporary fiction, historical, and mystery, and I also enjoy journalism. I love reading as well (what writers don’t?), and photography, hiking, and vacationing in the mountains.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hi from Sara! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Sorry if this posts twice lol, I think it’s glitching for me.
Awesome haha!
I am working on a chapter that tells the history of Andromeda, and it will represent the Garden of Eden. You’ll be able to see it when I’m done!
No, the tree is sent by the Great One (representing God) to help Azazel, and the scene doesn’t have anyth…
-
Esther replied to the topic Hi from Sara! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 1 month ago
Right now I’m 13 but will turn 14 tomorrow! I’m really young for my great-thanks to homeschool!
Oh my goodness we have even more in common! I’m 13 and a freshman as well. But I turn 14 in a couple months. That’s so cool!
- Load More
