Hi from Sara!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi from Sara!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Sara
    @savannah_grace2009
      • Total Posts: 1986

@highscribeofaetherium

I don’t think tomato soup is a smoothie, but I swear my whole youth group would fight me on that!

Lukas&Livia
      #Lalbert
      Sef&Chase
      #HOTTOLINE
      LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Sara
      @savannah_grace2009

@hybridlore

Nice to meet you! I was homeschooled up until sixth grade. Currently I’m a freshman in high school. Public school and home school definitely have pro’s and con’s! I love public school because of how structured it is and how it teaches responsibility, but home school feels so much safer and there’s no drama between mean girls and fake friends and boys and stuff like that.

Lukas&Livia
        #Lalbert
        Sef&Chase
        #HOTTOLINE
        LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

TheArcaneAxiom
        @thearcaneaxiom
          • Total Posts: 1251

@savannah_grace2009

Awesome! What do you like about math?

That makes sense, I definitely prefer hard worldbuilding, but when done right, soft worldbuilding can be really cool.

I haven’t read Eragon, but I’ve read some of his more recent books, like To Sleep in a Sea of Stars, but they’ve been getting increasingly more adult in content. I don’t think I’ve heard of The Strangers, but it sounds really cool, alternate reality stories are great fun!

Andromeda sounds awesome! I can’t read your prologue right now, but I’ll definitely check it out sometime and give my thoughts!

Haha, yes! You caught me red handed. I enjoy good paradoxes, this one is a variant of what is famously called The Crocodiles dilemma.

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

Esther
          @esther-c
            • Total Posts: 3213

@savannah_grace2009

Welcome to Kingdom Pen, Sara!!

I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, dog-obsessed, violin-squeaking, fiction-writing, homeschooled, God-loving teen girl!!

It’s so awesome that you play volleyball as well! It’s my favorite sport! Do you play on a team? If so, how long have you been playing?

Now for some other questions!

What’s the blurb of your WIP?

What’s your favorite part about writing/being a writer?

Nice to meet you and see ya around!!

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by Esther.

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Sara
            @savannah_grace2009

@thearcaneaxiom

I love solving problems! It becomes a race against myself to see how many I can get right before the class period ends at school.

I’m so excited for people on Kingdom Pen to read my work because when I show it to my parents, they don’t appreciate it because they aren’t into fantasy/suspenseful stories/sci fi stuff, so I need a different target audience. So thanks for being willing to check it out sometime! I look forward to hearing your thoughts 🙂

Lukas&Livia
              #Lalbert
              Sef&Chase
              #HOTTOLINE
              LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

hybridlore
              @hybridlore
                • Total Posts: 1357

@savannah_grace2009

Oh, awesome! I’m a sophomore, but I’m on the younger side for my grade, so we might be the same age! I just turned fifteen.

Yeah, there are definitely pros and cons of both! I’ve been homeschooled my whole life, but my siblings want to go to public school someday. Which do you prefer?

Your writing is really good! Hopefully you wanted feedback on this, otherwise feel free to ignore me lol. The descriptions at the beginning of chapter 3 are really well written. I was a little confused when I saw that there are still cars in the world (I’m assuming that means there’s technology as well? At first I was assuming it was a fantasy world outside of ours.)

I really love the idea of trees that are living, the way you described them. I had a similar idea a bit ago, but I think the description was great on that part. Your worldbuilding and the different races seem very well done, I’m excited to learn more about them lol.

So when Azalel ate the fruit that the tree gave him (that was supposedly forbidden) I started getting Garden of Eden vibes… I don’t know if you meant to do that, but it didn’t seem like that since after that the tree told him “We only bow to the Great One.” so I assumed she wasn’t meant to be like the serpent. Just a thought, if you didn’t mean to go at all in that direction you might want to try to clarify that the tree isn’t evil in that scene, but others might not get the same idea I did.

Anyway, I really like it! I don’t have much feedback on the rest of it, but it’s really interesting so far! The one thing I noticed was that the time jumps were a little confusing, but otherwise it was great!

There is always light behind the clouds.
                - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Sara
                @savannah_grace2009

@esther-c

Hi Esther! We have so much in common! I used to play the violin when I was homeschooled, but when I switched to public school I didn’t have enough time. I am definitely dog obsessed, haha.

I’m not that good at volleyball, but I’m hoping to get better. I play on a team. I played in seventh grade and had to take eighth grade off because of knee problems, but this year I’m back! I have to constantly remind myself that I don’t have to worry about pleasing my team because I’m doing it to have fun and to please God- because I make multiple mistakes and hate letting people down.

But I do truly have fun playing volleyball! I just don’t like competition so my favorite part is the practices, lol. Today I have a game, but I have to miss it because I got sick. So I am currently at home doing nothing 🙁

My blurb-well, it’s hard for me to summarize my book, but I’ll try.

Lilitu, a young Payne, was turned over to the clutches of the Farnbron Brook as a newborn infant, set adrift in a basket coated with tar because his parents were not going to let him be stolen by the evil Pythonos. Rescued by the gracious Azazel and Indie, he has grown up in Lir, the busy, bustling, poverty ridden capitol of Andromeda. 

Sef’s mother and sister were cruelly taken from her when she was only thirteen. With nowhere to go, she was taken in by her cruel cousin Iver, who abused her. Now fifteen and a runaway, Sef wonders if anyone can love her. Lilitu is her only comfort as the two are on the run from the Pythonos. But what if people aren’t perfect? Is there such a thing as perfect love? 

There’s more, but it makes more sense if you read it. I posted the link at the beginning of this thread 🙂

Lukas&Livia
                  #Lalbert
                  Sef&Chase
                  #HOTTOLINE
                  LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Sara
                  @savannah_grace2009

@hybridlore

Thank you! And yes, I did want feedback 🙂

I am working on a chapter that tells the history of Andromeda, and it will represent the Garden of Eden. You’ll be able to see it when I’m done!

No, the tree is sent by the Great One (representing God) to help Azazel, and the scene doesn’t have anything to do with the Garden, but I can see how you thought that! The fact that the fruit is forbidden is kind of strange, looking back so I’ll probably change that, because it doesn’t really apply to the story.

Yeah, Andromeda is a different world, however their world is supposed to be more modern than ours and not set in medieval times. Maybe I need to change things to make that more obvious? Oh well, its definitely not perfect-it’s still the rough draft haha!

Thank you so much! I’ll update the link whenever I write something new so you can check the link every now and then. Feedback is always helpful! 🙂

Right now I’m 13 but will turn 14 tomorrow! I’m really young for my great-thanks to homeschool!

I hate drama and the gossip at public school but love the way that you learn and how structured it is and how it teaches responsibility. So I like both equally!

Lukas&Livia
                    #Lalbert
                    Sef&Chase
                    #HOTTOLINE
                    LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Esther
                    @esther-c

@savannah_grace2009

Hi Esther! We have so much in common! I used to play the violin when I was homeschooled, but when I switched to public school I didn’t have enough time. I am definitely dog obsessed, haha.

That’s awesome!! 😉

I’m not that good at volleyball, but I’m hoping to get better. I play on a team. I played in seventh grade and had to take eighth grade off because of knee problems, but this year I’m back! I have to constantly remind myself that I don’t have to worry about pleasing my team because I’m doing it to have fun and to please God- because I make multiple mistakes and hate letting people down.

Exactly! That’s a huge part of playing volleyball. Yes, you have to improve upon your mistakes, but in the middle of the game, you just have to shake it off and move on. Everyone knows you didn’t mean to mess up. 🙂 I totally understand that.

But I do truly have fun playing volleyball! I just don’t like competition so my favorite part is the practices, lol. Today I have a game, but I have to miss it because I got sick. So I am currently at home doing nothing 🙁

Yes, volleyball is so much fun!! 😊

Oh, lol. XD

Aw man, that’s too bad. 🙁

My blurb-well, it’s hard for me to summarize my book, but I’ll try.

That sounds really interesting!!

Esther
                      @esther-c

@savannah_grace2009

Right now I’m 13 but will turn 14 tomorrow! I’m really young for my great-thanks to homeschool!

Oh my goodness we have even more in common! I’m 13 and a freshman as well. But I turn 14 in a couple months. That’s so cool!

hybridlore
                        @hybridlore

@savannah_grace2009

Sorry if this posts twice lol, I think it’s glitching for me.

Awesome haha!

I am working on a chapter that tells the history of Andromeda, and it will represent the Garden of Eden. You’ll be able to see it when I’m done!

No, the tree is sent by the Great One (representing God) to help Azazel, and the scene doesn’t have anything to do with the Garden, but I can see how you thought that! The fact that the fruit is forbidden is kind of strange, looking back so I’ll probably change that, because it doesn’t really apply to the story.

Oh, okay!! Sounds great! Yeah, that would probably make more sense, I was just a little confused there, lol.

Yeah, Andromeda is a different world, however their world is supposed to be more modern than ours and not set in medieval times. Maybe I need to change things to make that more obvious? Oh well, its definitely not perfect-it’s still the rough draft haha!

Oh, okay! So I was kind of right lol. Oh yeah, of course, don’t worry about it lol, I just was sort of confused there as well because a lot of other allegorical fantasies are written more, almost old-fashioned, medieval-y, like you said xD

Of course! I’ll be looking forward to it! Make sure to tag me 😁

Oh, awesome! Happy early birthday!! Yeah, so am I xD But that’s great as long as you can keep up with the work lol.

Right, yeah. It makes sense! It also depends on I guess the schools in your area, because some of them can be terrible and others really good.

Sara
                          @savannah_grace2009

@hybridlore

I go to a really small school in Montana ( so already we don’t have a lot of people compared to other states) and there’s 12 in my class. The seniors this year have a graduating class of 6! So we are SUPER SMALL. In my school there’s not very many people to choose from, so you kinda are stuck with them for the rest of the time you’re at that school. We don’t get very many new kids. The girls that I want to be friends with are already friends with each other, and so I don’t really fit in. The other girls that like me don’t act christian at all! One girl really annoys me because she says she’s a christian but she is really mean to other people. Life is hard lol!

We don’t get much homework at my school, so it’s not that hard to keep up. So I think it’s a pretty decent school, just I’m not that comfortable around the people in my school. I try to be a light for Christ, but it’s really hard to be in the world, but not of it, you know?

Lukas&Livia
                            #Lalbert
                            Sef&Chase
                            #HOTTOLINE
                            LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

hybridlore
                            @hybridlore

@savannah_grace2009

Ooof, yeah, that’s crazy. Yeah, I get where you’re coming from. It’s hard to find friends when everyone already knows everyone, and hard feeling like an outsider too. Oh, yeah. There are a lot of people who claim to be Christians and don’t act it which is sad because it turns nonbelievers away. But I know we all have things we can work on, and none of us is perfect. At times I definitely don’t like the way I acted either.

That’s good! I live pretty much across the country from you, but the kids here get a ton of homework… at least my friend who’s a junior does.

Yeah, I totally get what you mean. It’s hard to find people you’re comfortable around sometimes, but hopefully you’ll be able to make some other friends soon (I’m sure you’ll meet some amazing people on here, if nowhere else!)

Yeah, definitely. I guess that’s what we’re all here for — as Christians, to help and encourage each other in that.

Allison
                              @acancello
                                • Total Posts: 838

@savannah_grace2009

Welcome! I’m Acancello, also known as Allison! I’m homeschooled and  I love guinea pigs, dogs, traveling, acting, trying weird food, writing, reading, talking and a lot more 😁! I’m so glad you could come to Kingdom Pen! OK, now I’ll ask you some hopefully not already asked questions 🙂

What’s your favorite book series?

Do you like to do any sports? If not, do you have any other activities you like to do?

How often do you like to write?

What is your favorite character you have written?

Hope you love KP!!

Sara
                                @savannah_grace2009

@acancello

Hi Allison! I like Eragon by Christopher Paolini. I love volleyball and doing 4H! I love my chickens and my dog Willa 🙂

I write almost every day whenever possible.

I like Sef, a young girl with a past that has not been kind to her.

to read about her, here’s the link to my work in progress: https://editor.reedsy.com/s/p8SdhuQ

any feedback you have would be helpful!

I already love KP!!!! It is probably the best thing that’s happened to me as a writer. 🙂

Lukas&Livia
                                  #Lalbert
                                  Sef&Chase
                                  #HOTTOLINE
                                  LEFSE FOREVER!!!!!! <333

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >