-
Anatra replied to the topic What's a story that you worked on for while but completely scrapped later on? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
Oof, painful topic. Can’t say I’ve had too many of these ideas, as no idea is too wild for my lil brain from when I wrote the most.
Though, when I was like, eight, my best friend and I wrote a book about two girls who got kidnapped and were rescued. That’s like, the premise of the whole thing. With a dorky happy clumsy crime-boss…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic What's a story that you worked on for while but completely scrapped later on? in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 10 months ago
There’s only one book I completely ditched (As in, although I had figured out most of the plot, I stopped writing and will most likely not restart.).
I called it The Lady Saphire, after the ship wreak the whole book revolves around. It wasn’t a bad storyline, it probably had a lot of potential, but lacked purpose. It was deleted when the c…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Any Urban Fantasy clean book recommendations? in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
@daisy-torres
Actually, after looking up Urban Fantasy I don’t think either or the book series above mentioned would fall into that category. Sorry about the confusion. -
Power replied to the topic When is it okay to defy the government? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 10 months ago
From a total secular view point, The purpose for government is to protect the rights of the people. When it is not fulfilling it’s purpose the people have the right to annul the government and replace it. In short, power is given by the people, for the people.
-
Anatra replied to the topic When is it okay to defy the government? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 10 months ago
Mmm, as much as I loved One’s debate (and Harper B]) I’m a sucker for political shows like Two. I ate up the drama, and it has breached my top 10 moves that nearly made my eyes leak. So I’d have to say Two. Tho I seriously need to rewatch them.
-
Power replied to the topic How do I make a non-cliche escape scene? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 10 months ago
Also remember bullets and arrows don’t allows miss or “Whizz over their head”, and when someone is hit by one of these they don’t just say “Ow ” and keep running.
-
Power replied to the topic How do I make a non-cliche escape scene? in the forum Plotting 4 years, 10 months ago
Draw out a map of the place they are trying to escape and their route of escape. Look through history at times when people have escaped or broken in to some place.
-
Power replied to the topic Any Urban Fantasy clean book recommendations? in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
The Mysterious Benedict Society might fall into Urban Fantasy, the O’Malley series (Good books, but they are romances 🤮 and can be disturbing at times, especially the one about the forensic pathologist.)
-
Power replied to the topic Help. I Just Don't Get the Appeal of the Wingfeather Saga in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 10 months ago
If you having a hard time reading the books, I recommend finding them in audiobook form. Then you don’t have to push yourself (Which could lead to you not liking the series even more).
-
Koshka replied to the topic Help. I Just Don't Get the Appeal of the Wingfeather Saga in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 10 months ago
What I like about the first book?
- The writing style. It reminded me of classics; something I can’t find enough of.
- The antics. Sure some of the cliches got to me, but they were well written ones. Besides, a cliche is only an overused good tactic.
- The characters. Their troubles were relatable and not overdone. Some of Janner’s mistakes…
-
Anatra replied to the topic When is it okay to defy the government? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 10 months ago
XD Thanks!
YAASS! They’re so good! How many have you seen? Which movie is your favorite?
-
Anatra replied to the topic When is it okay to defy the government? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 10 months ago
This was cool to read through. All of these are some great points.
Emeric and Jornan. Hhhmmmmmm. If I were writing this kind of situation, honestly I would bring in a new character to help snap Emeric out of his guilt, and remind him of the truth so that he’s able to do what’s right and apply all that was said here.
(also I love those…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic When is it okay to defy the government? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 10 months ago
Wow, everyone has such good, solid answers. All I can think of probably doesn’t apply to your story, so I’ll be brief.
There are christians and missionaries in Islamic countries where all other religions are illegal.
Are those christians rebelling? In a sense yes.
Are they actively overthrowing those governments? Not exactly.
Are they wrong?…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Anime Nerd/Chat in the forum Film 4 years, 10 months ago
Oh that’s so cool! So you heard Japan recognized it?
Thanks! I’ll look into that:). My local library has some manga, but really it’s just some popular anime stuff, usually adapted into manga.
Yes! That is such a gorgeous scene. There are so many perfect times like that in ATLA. I was so happy when it came back on Netflix.…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Help. I Just Don't Get the Appeal of the Wingfeather Saga in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 10 months ago
First book. You either enjoy or you don’t. I liked the writing style, the world, and the characters, but I will admit the plot could have been stronger. (Although I personally enjoyed it.)
Second book. Developes the character flaws we got a glimpse of in the end of the first book. Stepping stone to the next books yes, but this is where the story…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 10 months ago
I’ll tell you as soon as the first draft is beta ready, and I will be needing help along the way. Thank you!
Exactly. Sometimes I want to smash the computer.
Ok, I will rephrase that. Thank you! (I enjoyed writing that part. The epilogue is vaguely based off of the book And God Was There.)
Oh good! I love writing transliterated…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Anime Nerd/Chat in the forum Film 4 years, 10 months ago
My friend once asked me what it would take for an anime to top all my others, and become my favorite. I said Avatar the Last Airbender would have to become an anime for that to happen.
Cuz seriously, it’s so beautiful.
Lol, I’ve been trying to find some manga. Where do you typically get them? Online is where…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
(And as few people read this thread I’ll join in) It was fun to write.
-
Koshka's profile was updated 4 years, 10 months ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic Our Book Premises Nerd Space in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 10 months ago
I think that’s what I’m thinking…
- Load More
