Our Book Premises Nerd Space

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Our Book Premises Nerd Space

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Trahia the Minstrel
    @trahia-the-minstrel
      • Total Posts: 193

Okay! Hi! I’ve made this topic so we can all put up the premises of our WIPs or anything else we’ve worked on in the last or are thinking of working on in the future. Hopefully we can all enjoy a huge nerd with each other about all our stories!😊

Here’s the premise I’m working on for my current novel:

A Usurper’s Heir. A True Prince. Two Families, One Kingdom …

… But What If Each So-Called Prince Were The Hero?

What If Neither Were The Rightful Heir?

Salvárdé is the son of a leatherworker, someone of little consequence — or so he thinks. Longing to do something for his suffering country, he challenges the soldiers of the usurper, King Riézon, on a daily basis, hoping to aid the True Prince somehow — unaware his reckless actions have gained the eye of a mysterious red-haired woman — a woman who has the ability to end his life as he knows it.

Méyárco, on the other hand, is a prince bought up in WalfKlau Castle — grandson and heir to King Riézon. Training with his bodyguard, Iéto; laughing with his sister Yáléa and best friend Yusīñien — his life is perfect. Until his grandfather summons him and orders him to go on a mission that will confront his greatest fear — the mission to find and kill the False Prince of WalfKlau.

When the two boys meet in Salvárdé’s village, both are thrust onto a path they cannot return from — a path that will reveal Salvárdé’s identity, and challenge Méyárco’s loyalty — as they both start asking the question:

Who really deserves the title ‘False Prince?’

Ahem. I’m still working on my back cover copy, but that’s the best I can do for now. I think the hook is pretty solid, though. Hopefully it’s intriguing!😅😊

I’m just gonna tag a bunch of you guys: @godlyfantasy12 @keilah-h @jodi-maile @scripter-of-kingdoms @lydia-s @devastate-lasting @elfwing @kathleen @morgan @koshka @anatra23 @elishavet-pidyon @elanor @not-so-secret-assassain @libby @joy-c-woodbury @anyone-I’ve-missed

Feel free to tag anyone I’ve missed or jump in if you haven’t been tagged!

The end of a story, a beautiful picture; a feeling of longing yet hope~
      That’s my wish to create.

Elishavet Pidyon
      @elishavet-pidyon
        • Total Posts: 1013

Hi! Gramercy for inviting me!

@trahia-the-minstrel

Your book sounds so intriguing! Yes, I’m hooked.

So, here are three of my premisses. (Yes, I stole them from one of my former posts. I don’t type that quickly)

Possibility (because that’s what it is): Aethelthryth was set apart from her very birth. Her father was a serf whom the King freed. He became a knight with a burden to reach those in bondage. Her mother is a knight’s daughter with a skill at weaving, and a love for the broken. Not long after Aethel’s first birthday, her father was hung for treason by evil knights. Aethelthryth must fight the fight she was made to, but battles aren’t easy, and what is truth in this fractured kingdom?

(Main character: Aethelthryth/Aethel)

Eirtan: The island was called Yartas by many, Home by some, and That Irritating Little Blight by yet others. Especially the Dorwains. A natural fortress, it was the logical place to send the children of the late High King of Eirtan and Shepherd of the Brother Nations to disappear in safety. But what happens when three Westland farm kids find out they are those heirs? And what will they do when they learn they are called to a life of danger and betrayal? For either they will find fulfillment in their calling, or destroy themselves running from it.

(Main character: Victor( whose really real name might be Amichai), with Alyona as a second.)

Bellireign: A community of squirrels realize it’s either stay and die [at the least] or leave and only possibly die. So without much hesitation, they began their journey for fabled Bellireign and The Purple Rills in the guidance of Ivan the Scholar. It is a journey that will leave none of them the same, whether it be the foolhardy Arrow Thramble or the arrogant Cracken (and Bracken, excuse me, it wouldn’t do to forget him). They will meet friendly strangers like stone-faced Twirllwiss Anthel Carmaught, daughter of the ruler of the Haronath mount-lands, and the not-so-friendly like a couple of nameless robbers in the woods.

(Main Character: a mystery yet to be solved)

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Elishavet Pidyon
        @elishavet-pidyon

Sorry. I’ll try not to repeat myself in later posts. 😉

To clarify on certain points left too vague. The first two stories are about humans in a human world. The last is about an animal only world.

Knights= pastors/missionaries

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

GodlyFantasy12
          @godlyfantasy12
            • Total Posts: 6645

@trahia-the-minstrel OOOOH YAY!!! Alright bear 🐻  with me cuz I’ve only got the first draft and outlines and things of book 1 and other stuff for this series I’m working on so imma wing it a tad. Here goes!

How do you fulfill a destiny you didn’t ask for?

A tale of betrayal, lies, death and unwanted destinies.

Arabella, princess of A’Grend has been destined to leave home from birth. To go where, she has no knowledge, and neither do those around her. Armed with nothing more then a prayer and the wisdom of her Grandfather, she hides her time, hoping the day never arrives. But when it does, she’s forced to take the step.

November, her best friend, doesn’t know what he’ll do without her, living under a roof with a father who seems disappointed at the very sight of his seemingly “weak and troublesome boy,” and thus decides to go with her, despite his father’s wishes.

The two leave A’Grend, taken to another land: Cirque, a circus that, at first glance seems to be bright and entertaining, but once inside the two discover it hides dark, deadly secrets.

Dark and murderous from head to toe, Cirque is not what it seems, but the two meet a beam of light in that of a girl named Jocelyn, the niece to the ruler of Cirque, and her friend, a fennec fox named Nyx.

Jocelyn enlists the two to help her solve the strange happenings in Cirque recently, but she refuses to see what is so clear to Ara and November: Cirque is not the bright, happy place her uncle keeps telling her it is, and everyone else knows it.

But when a heinous crime is committed not long after their investigations begin, the three are taken even deeper into Cirque’s sinister past, but now, the question is, will they be able to get out of the hole they’ve dug? Or will they forever be the clowns?

so yea…… lol I wrote that on the spot

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
            #ProtectMarcel
            #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12

Also both of y’all’s stories sound super awesome!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

Elishavet Pidyon
              @elishavet-pidyon

@godlyfantasy12

Thanks!

A circus land? That’s so neat! I love your names as well.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Elishavet Pidyon. Reason: Misspelled word

Trahia the Minstrel
                @trahia-the-minstrel
                  • Total Posts: 193

@elishavet-pidyon Thanks!

All your stories sound cool — I love the sound of the feel in the first one; the second, I just love it in general, it sounds like the sort of story I love to write and read😊; the third — I don’t normally read animal stories, but yours sounds quite fun — have you read the Green Ember? That’s a good series for someone who likes animal stories. I read it😊. Also, Cracken and Bracken are giving me the fun duo vibes — I don’t know if that’s the case, but it feels that way from your description. I would totally read your Eirtan story the minute you publish it! It’s like, completely suitable, right?😁 I always love a new story of that kind!

@godlyfantasy12

Thanks!

Despite the fact my book is beta ready, I still haven’t written an updated blurb, so I made that one above up on the spot as well😂. Apart from the stuff in italics — I worked that out a few weeks or so back.

Your concept sounds super interesting! I think I remember reading an excerpt from your work somewhere on this forum as well — something about a fistfight in the cirque? I think November was trying to defend Ara.

I’m definitely intrigued.😁

The end of a story, a beautiful picture; a feeling of longing yet hope~
                  That’s my wish to create.

Koshka
                  @koshka
                    • Total Posts: 1424

@trahia-the-minstrel

*Squeals in delight and commences a happy dance.*

I shall try not to fill up the rest of this page.

Heart of Gold Heart of Stone (First in series) set in medievalish time

Ezekiel 36:26

Zlatan and Vulkasin are wolf twins, the only sons of Sotnik Vratislav. One of Vulkasin’s rash ideas throws the brothers into military training over a year early. But when their training is over, Zlatan is chosen to enter a second and harder year of training to become a Desanik while Vulkasin enters the ranks as common Strelt under his father’s command. As their nation stumbles farther from the ancient paths (Jeremiah 18:15), the brothers are faced with the hardest trials they will ever walk, and they must walk them on their own.

Fox of Cypress Fox of Pine (Second in series) Set in midievalish time

Luke 12:4-5

Wilkins and Spion are two very different foxes; one is a soldier in Prince Marion’s force with an unshaken honor, the other a spy who sees all means justified by their end. During a mission that goes horribly wrong, Wilkins is captured and taken to the same Prison camp to which a misstep sends Spion. Here their battles become more than life and death, they are battles for the soul. And one of them has almost lost.

*No title yet*(Last in series) Set in WorldWarish time period

Jude 1:23

AJacks and her older brother Mitchel are orphans of war who have been raised by the family of their father’s closest friend. When the the ceasefire ends and Mitchel is drafted, the nightmare of war comes roaring out of their past. With the entire known world at gunpoint I still haven’t plotted out this book.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Elishavet Pidyon
                    @elishavet-pidyon

@trahia-the-minstrel Thank you!

Yes, I have read GE, and it’s a favorite. S. D. Smith is the C. S. Lewis of rabbits!

Cracken and Bracken are brothers. For full explanation here are their character descriptions:

Cracken (more grey than brown. He is not a Meadow Squirrel, oh no, he is from the Wood of Cornish. Yes, he is. A friend to everyone except a few and suspicious of politicians.

Bracken (a bit more brown than grey, and just as good at everything as his brother(if not better). He is Fast, Smart, and EVERYTHING else except lazy, and that he is NOT!

I hope Eirtan is suitable. (Entire cities burned to ash, trusted leaders turned traitor, and dogs trained as killers do play a part.)  😉

Koshka
                      @koshka

@trahia-the-minstrel

Your book sounds well beat out. Is it one book or a series? YES, it IS intriguing!

@elishavet-pidyon

What inspired Possibility? It sounds good and deep. And squirrels are so neat.

I’ve read GE too. They’re wonderful books.

@godlyfantasy12

If it’s not too much of a spoiler, where did the name A’Grend come from?

GodlyFantasy12
                        @godlyfantasy12

@koshka ahhh!! I’m actually rlly glad u asked cuz that means u hopefully like it (at first I thought it was a bit stupid.) it is actually just the word Garden mixed up and with an apostrophe added! Ara’s homeland has a huge, gorgeous garden (based off of Eden from the Bible) so yea 😊 A’Grend is just Garden all jumbled up

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                          #ProtectMarcel
                          #ProtectSeb

Koshka
                          @koshka

@godlyfantasy12

I do like it! I honestly couldn’t tell, but then I am the person who it took two books in an allegorical series before I realized Leinad was supposed to be Daniel (in my defense, he did serve practically every other major male character in the Old Testament). A’Grend is a good name.

You have a fennec fox?! Ok, I love furry creatures in books, and foxes…*sigh* what in Nyx like? Does it’s name mean anything?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Koshka.

GodlyFantasy12
                            @godlyfantasy12

@koshka I LOVE ANIMALS!!! And I LOVE FENNEC FOXES!!  I actually plan to own one, along with other animals (I have 2 turtles, and 2 beagles)

Nyx’s name doesn’t rlly mean anything except what the word means, but I thought it was extremely cute and fitting for a fox of his size, personality and just was overall perfect, and I love it so much.

He’s extremely personable and loyal to Lyn, almost like a little brother, minus the annoyance part (to Lyn anyway, tho later in the series he can probably have some comedic scenes with other characters where he gets on their nerves) but he is also kinda wise too but not in like an elder sage sorta way of that makes sense, just in an “I’m always here for you, to encourage you and lift your spirits” kinda way if that makes sense.

he’s just a great little buddy. I love him so much honestly, but it’s easy for him to get forgotten and lost in the scenes with me forgetting him as I’m writing sadly 🤦🏻‍♀️ so gotta work on that

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                              #ProtectMarcel
                              #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                              @godlyfantasy12

@koshka I’m so glad you’ve asked about this honestly cuz it’s been a hot minute since I’ve really talked about Nyx as a character I think lol

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                #ProtectMarcel
                                #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                                @godlyfantasy12

Also here’s a pic of a kinda baby fennec fox for reference! 

In my mind he’d be agile kinda like a squirrel would be (but bigger obviously) but he’s able to sit on Lyn’s shoulder and get in her hair but he is around the size in the pic above)

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                  #ProtectMarcel
                                  #ProtectSeb

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >