Anime Nerd/Chat

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Film Anime Nerd/Chat

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Trahia the Minstrel
    @trahia-the-minstrel
      • Total Posts: 193

@devastate-lasting

Like, violence, adult/inappropriate stuff, swearing, etc.

The end of a story, a beautiful picture; a feeling of longing yet hope~
      That’s my wish to create.

Linyang Zhang
      @devastate-lasting
        • Total Posts: 1700

@trahia-the-minstrel I’ve read the whole of Assassination Classroom and I agree that the content/humor can get very. Um. Yeah. But also the overall story and themes are really good, so I view it in a positive light. Dr. Stone I’ve gotten a lot of ads for, but haven’t watched it yet.

Um. Content for Code Geass (it’s been years)… I watched it when I was like 14, so it wasn’t that bad. There’s violence, since there’s war, I think there’s some scenes where people get shot down and there’s blood, there’s like pre-execution scenes, but nothing terribly gory. Just blood and fighting, really.

As for sexual stuff…there’s nothing explicit, there are a couple of scenes where some of the girls aren’t wearing anything but it’s quite brief and there are no details. Maybe a couple of kisses here or there but nothing serious that I remember. Again, it’s been a long time, but nothing too off the charts compared to everything else I’ve seen.

Steins;Gate has much less content-wise. One character does make perverted jokes, and there are a few kisses, but nothing else sexual. Violence…there is one character who dies over and over, such as getting hit by a car, shot down, thrown in front of a train, etc., and there are some other violent bits, but only blood is shown, no gore. I think that’s about it. Oh, and there’s swearing for both of them. I honestly don’t remember how bad, but probably the worst word is the s-word.

Ay, hopes this helps. I enjoyed both of them a lot.

Lately, it's been on my brain
        Would you mind letting me know
        If hours don't turn into days

Anatra
        @anatra23
          • Total Posts: 211

@trahia-the-minstrel

Oh that’s so cool! So Japan saw it and recognized it?

Thanks! I’ll look into that:). My local library has some manga, but really it’s just some popular anime stuff, usually adapted into manga.

Yes! That is such a gorgeous scene. There are so many perfect times like that in ATLA. I was so happy when it came back on Netflix. My siblings and I literally screamed when we saw it… that may have been a little uncalled for at 8 A.M. on a Saturday morning.

Have you seen The Legend of Kora?

@kathleenramm

Oooohhh, cool! Yea, I’ll see about those then. Thanks!

@devastate-lasting

I’ll keep an eye on my bank account then ;P

@not-so-secret-secret-assassin

Oh, yea for sure. On the totally random off chance that anyone as cool and swole as you would ever be interesting in weebing over something as lame as anime,

Jujutsu Kaisen is something I can see you enjoying. I love the characters and the plot so much. It is TV-MA for gore related reasons, but the humor is perfect and the whole mostly otherwise clean.

Violet Evergarden is my number one anime for multiple reasons, but the first reason is that it was the anime that came closest to making me cry. It still didn’t, but it’s so amazingly heartwarming. It hardly has any humor at all, and is pretty heavy on the plot, and I agree it could be lighter, but I love it. More of a realistic fiction/ historical/romance.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Anatra.
          Kathleen
          @kathleenramm
            • Total Posts: 635

@devastate-lasting

Phil is great. My favorite character would probably Rei, but Norman is just a thread behind. I really like both smart and complex characters who are a lot more than what they appear. I kinda expected Rei in the beginning to be the typical emo kid with black hair and Norman to be the typical smart kid who never breaks the rules. But they both early on proved that they are both so much more than that which makes them my favorite

Linyang Zhang
            @devastate-lasting
              • Total Posts: 1700

@kathleenramm Yesss the main trio is so well done! My sister loves them all, which is a big win, haha.

Lately, it's been on my brain
              Would you mind letting me know
              If hours don't turn into days

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            >