-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
I had a alright thanksgiving, first one without my sister!
Our sermon was about how we should treat disabled people just like others, and how it’s important to not act like they are a burden on the church, but do whatever it takes to get them to church because they have stuff to offer too and are made in the image of God just…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Campfire Write (and other writing resources) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@theloonyone @folith-feolin @loopylin @anyone!
Cool! I used campfire write for awhile, and might use it more later, but in-putting all the character info I already had (semi) organized in my writing book was a lot of work and I figured I already had it all in one place to begin with.
If you don’t mind, I’m going to put here what I’m currently…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I'm not the only one! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Your WIP sounds good! I read the first chapter that you posted on here a while ago, and I liked the way you used their diaries for flashbacks and telling the story.
Thanks!
 It’s so fun!
Ikr! It helps with planning too.
Thanks for showing me how to quote!
Yeah!
-
MineralizedWritings and
Arien are now friends 3 years, 10 months ago -
Light replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Girl! You’re totally fine😊. IKR?! It’s sooo good! Sam is precious.❤️🥰😊.
-
Light replied to the topic First chapter of my book . . . in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
First off, I love your name! I don’t believe we’ve met yet. I’m Lightoverdarkness6, a young teenage girl who loves writing, reading, playing piano, and exploring in the woods near our house. I saw that you love Lotr and Monte Cristo!! I do too! Who’s your favorite character? My favorite from Lotr is Samwise Gamgee or Aragorn and my favorit…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Ideas on a scene? in the forum Plotting 3 years, 10 months ago
I like it! That does give me e bit of background.
-
Light replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
I’m so sorry I’m just now responding😢😬. I accidentally refreshed the page about 5 times🤦🏻♀️😂. I think I know this response by heart now😂😅🤦🏻♀️.
Thank you! 😊. Yes, I’m excited.
1. Oh cool! Bettas are so pretty. But, yeah, they can be mean. If I get a betta, it’s gonna be in its own tank. I just looked up the clown pleco, and the…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Ideas on a scene? in the forum Plotting 3 years, 10 months ago
@mineralizedwritings @koshka @felicity @madelyn @theloonyone @elishavet-pidyon @godlyfantasy12 @whalekeeper
Here is another scene I wrote. This is after Christopher and Briana have been captured and have escaped. Christopher was fighting off a guard and told Briana to run. They just met again.
“I see you’re angry at me for doing what you told me…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic First chapter of my book . . . in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
I really like it! I love the character’s immediately, and want to know what happens next! 😀
The only thing I might suggest is just making it a little longer, for a first chapter it was pretty short. That’s just me though, I like to describe things a lot, therefore my chapters are a bit long. A lot of the description you used of the mc’s…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Ideas on a scene? in the forum Plotting 3 years, 10 months ago
I like your ideas!
I think Briana is trying to prove that she’s not useless. She was brought up in an army fort, and her mother died when Briana was ten. (Briana has no sisters) So she’s always held the strain of being “the girl” in a fort–no doubt doing housekeeping duties and the like. And she doesn’t like that.
So…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Ideas on a scene? in the forum Plotting 3 years, 10 months ago
Aw thanks!!
I love to see the build-up of emotion in Christopher’s body language before he snaps at her.
I agree. I love body language lol. 🙂
Also, I think it’d really add to the heartbreak of the scene if you included an undercurrent of pain, of the awareness they both have that they’re breaking the relationship they had. Even thoug…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Ideas on a scene? in the forum Plotting 3 years, 10 months ago
Lol, I was so focused on intitail thought I forgot to say how good it was! Also, it makes so much more sense with christopher having anxiety, I can really feel for him more with knowing that. Also I think this is going to turn out really cute 😀
It was really good, and like I’d love to read more. 😁 Love the tension, but like how…[Read more]
-
Madelyn replied to the topic Ideas on a scene? in the forum Plotting 3 years, 10 months ago
Heyooo
Everybody else said so many things that there’s not much left for me to say XD
First, great job with the intensity of the scene!!! 😀 😀 😀
As far as ideas to make it better, I love to see the build-up of emotion in Christopher’s body language before he snaps at her. I can see at the first little bit that he’s trying to…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Thank you. 😉
Hey, that’s really helpful! Can’t wait till I’m a wise jester (at least I’m wise, even if I am a goof)
I trust your Thanksgiving was amazing and the turkey did not shoot out of the oven (look up the poem “The Turkey Shot Out of the Oven”) lol
-
Madelyn replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Congrats on your upgrade 😉 😉 😉
Here, someone posted this once and I saved it for future reference…
- Your first post, you are a Bumbling Henchman
- 20 posts, you become a Charismatic Rebel
- 50 posts: Wise Jester
- 100 posts: Loyal Sidekick
- 300 posts: Knight in Shining Armor
- 1000 posts: Eccentric Mentor
- 2000 posts:…
-
Madelyn replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Hi there!! It’s great to meet you!! (*returns virtual hug*)
You said it, our Family is one that will never fade!!! <3 We all have the same greatest possession, salvation in Christ!! Truly, one of the wonderful blessings of this life is that we’re running this race alongside so many others! The encouragement and fellowship of the saints…[Read more]
-
Erica replied to the topic Ideas on a scene? in the forum Plotting 3 years, 10 months ago
@everyone
And thank you all for taking the time to read this scene and responding so kindly! I was scared . . . I didn’t need to be!
-
Erica replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Haha, I am now a charismatic rebel!
Much better than a bumbling henchman.
-
Erica replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Hello! I don’t believe we’ve met.
Everything you said is so true! I love seeing how God has been working in others’ lives.
Well, I got my braces early this month . . . I think they’re saying 20-24 months. One down, 23 more to go! lol
- Load More
