Hey Everyone!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey Everyone!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Erica
    @starofthenorth
      • Total Posts: 199

Hello!! I’m Erica, and it’s so exciting to be joining the forum after . . . umm . . . a long time of shadowing KP 🙂 (hey there @madelyn!!!)

I’ve been writing all my life pretty much, but I really got started during the Covid lockdown (anyone else do that?) I mostly write fantasy, but I have some historical fiction and sci-fi ideas floating around my head.

I have written the first two books of a fantasy trilogy, and now I’m working on the third, Ruby Fire. It’s hard to explain what it’s about without giving everything away about the first two books, so . . .

Well, I’m really looking forward to meeting you all!

Oh, and I do like pineapple on pizza.

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2794

@starofthenorth

Hello and Welcome!

Lol, yes pineapple on pizza is a common question here.

I’m MineralizedWritings, A online schooler, character artist, writer, and Christian. I’m currently writing the first draft of my dystopian ya novel (I post chapters here every now and then) and I hope for the completed form to be a graphic novel.

A couple questions for you:

1. What is your favorite character to write?

2. What is your favorite theme to potray in your writing?

3. Are snakes cool? (answer wisely 🤣)(jk u can disagree)

4. I see you can’t say much about your wip without spoiling… what the setting? Or does that spiol thing too? 😂

5. Favorite time or place to write?

Anyways, we are glad to have you here! And two books done? That’s an accomplishment!

へびは かっこいい です!

Felicity
        @felicity
          • Total Posts: 811

@starofthenorth

Bienvenida!!

Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m Felicity, a writer, homesteader and follower of Jesus. I saw on your profile that you #1. speak Spanish to your cat, and #2. play “violent” games of dutch blitz with your sister. Congratulations! 🙂 I love languages and speak Polish to my brother’s dog! Dutch Blitz is the best game ever and my siblings and I have gotten um…let’s just say rowdy…over it too! 🙂

That’s great that you have two books finished! I only have one and have spent two years trying to finish a second.

Let me try to think up some fun questions for you: (this feels weird because I’m the third newest newbie. 🙂

1. Do you believe there are alternate universes in real life?

2. If you could know any language fluently, which would it be?

3. When you were six years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?

It’s great to meet you!

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Erica
          @starofthenorth

@mineralizedwritings

So nice to meet you!

Yay, I love questions lol 🙂

#1. My favorite character is definitely Christopher. He’s probably my most developed character, and just a lot of fun. He’s 19, and the king (his father dies in my book), and struggles with depression. But he’s also very goofy.

#2. Hmm, favorite theme. I guess I would say the biggest theme in my WIP is “Hate is never the right answer” and that has been really interesting to explore.

#3. Yes, snakes are cool, but fish and other marine creatures are much, much cooler lol

#4. The setting is another world, Areia, in the country of Lestina. It’s sort of an old-fashioned country with a monarchy and swords, knights, etc.

#5. Honestly I just write whenever! Though I usually do best writing at night in bed 🙂

Aw, thanks! My books aren’t that long, like, at all . . . oh well.

Erica
            @starofthenorth

@felicity

Hello! Nice to meet you!

Yay, someone else who likes Dutch Blitz!! It seems like whenever I mention it to my friends, they’re just like “Um . . . never heard of that.”

Yay, more questions!

#1. No I do not. I believe that if there were other universes, they would be mentioned in the Creation account.

#2. Well, I’m actually learning, let’s see, 5 languages? Spanish, German, Scottish Gaelic, Swedish, and Latin. I’d like to be fluent in Spanish because I’d love to visit a Spanish-speaking country some day!

#3. I can’t remember! That might have been the stage where I wanted to be a lab tech in a doctor’s office (don’t ask me why lol!)

Looking forward to getting to know you!

MineralizedWritings
              @mineralizedwritings

@starofthenorth

Christopher sound like a fun character!

Your book sound really interesting, don’t worry about then being short lol.

#3. Yes, snakes are cool, but fish and other marine creatures are much, much cooler lol

😂 Lol, you have a favorite? I think squids are cool. (and yummy 😳, poor squidy)

へびは かっこいい です!

Erica
                @starofthenorth

@mineralizedwritings

Hmm, favorite marine creature? It depends on what kind! I’m into aquarium keeping, and my favorite fish I own right now is either my clown pleco (a catfish) or my betta (who lives by himself so he and the catfish don’t terrorize each other lol)

As for ocean creatures, I recently have gotten fascinated with sea spiders. So cool!!! Which is weird because I am paranoid of regular spiders 🙂 Squids are cool, too. I don’t think I could eat one . . .

Felicity
                  @felicity

@starofthenorth

1. Same here! Although they are fun to think about and make up!!

2. Oh you beat me there! I’ve studied some Spanish and French before but my passion is Polish! As soon as I’m fluent in it I’d like to learn German. Swedish is also on my list. But it’s hard for me to learn multiple languages at once. My brain gets confused… 🙂 Aren’t languages so intriguing?!

I’d like to be fluent in Spanish because I’d love to visit a Spanish-speaking country some day!

Spanish is a great choice and probably one of the most practical ones (assuming you live in the US!)

3. You must have been really smart…I don’t think I even knew what that was when I was six! I think I wanted to be a cashier. Scanning items at the store looked really fun to me. 🙂 You know, the clicker thing that beeps and lights up… :):)

I like your signature! Very true and encouraging.

Felicity
                    @felicity

@mineralizedwritings

I think squids are cool. (and yummy 😳, poor squidy)

Ewww! They might be fun to look at but to eat..! ;D Have you really tried them before? You must be brave! I know people eat lobster, crab, clam, etc but I never heard of squid. Maybe I’m just close-minded. I mean, the only sea creatures I would eat are fish. :):)

MineralizedWritings
                      @mineralizedwritings

@felicity

Yep! I was pretty young, so I just remember it being squishy and yummy (was it buttery? I can’t remember) anyways, we didn’t know what to eat for thanksgiving, and there was squid in the freezer. So squid it was 🤣, don’t worry though, my dad’s a good cook. He used to work in a restaurant, so he probably made it yummy. I can’t remember that well lol.

へびは かっこいい です!

Felicity
                        @felicity

@mineralizedwritings

🤣 Good thing your dad is a good cook! just kidding! That’s a fun memory and a great conversation starter!

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings

@felicity

🤣 Lol yeah, and an interesting experience for sure!

へびは かっこいい です!

Madelyn
                            @madelyn
                              • Total Posts: 115

@starofthenorth (cool tag by the way!)

HEYYYY THEREEEE!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

It’s so great to have you here!!! 🙂

For one, I had no idea you’re learning five languages and that’s just insane! XD. Now I’m inspired to pick Latin back up 😉 Which language are you most fluent in right now?

Also, YES, I love Dutch Blitz too. It’s been a while since I’ve played it, but man, it gets intense!! We’ll have to play it together sometime ;P

Ahhh, but the true question is, do you like onion on your pizza?

See you around!

~In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found~

Koshka
                              @koshka
                                • Total Posts: 1424

@starofthenorth

Welcome to the Kingdom, oh slinky shadower! I am Koshka, a writer of non-magical medieval-fantasy and/or other fiction, poetry randomly and far between, and apparently essays (doesn’t one just love college paperwork?!).

I skimmed through the former posts and greetings and saw you’re learning Scottish Gaelic. Haló! It is good to find a fellow scholar of that blessed tongue. I like dabbling about in other languages, but five at once is certainly beyond anything I’ve attempted.

And some ask-the-newbe-questions! Let’s hope no one else asked these yet as I didn’t read through well enough to be sure.

1. If you could ride a dragon for a day or own a horse for the rest of your life, which would you choose? (Breed is up to you)
                                2. What is the hair color of your youngest protagonist?
                                3. What is the most strenuous activity you put your characters through?
                                4. And lastly, Do you like jellybeans?

And just a random tip: don’t answer the phone in a language which you can’t carry a conversation in. I answered in Hebrew and got scared out of my wits when they swapped me over to a translator and instantly hung up.

Again, welcome to the kingdom!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Koshka.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Light
                                @lightoverdarkness6
                                  • Total Posts: 1626

@starofthenorth

Hey there!! Welcome to KP, Erica! I’m Lightoverdarkness6, a southern teen girl that loves to write. I’m currently writing a contemporary fiction story. It’s in the very beginner stages.
                                  I like your books name! There’s a spoiler forum on here where you can share your spoilers if you want to 😊. I saw that you’re into aquarium keeping! Cool! I am too! I just got an aquarium a month or so ago, and in the summer I’m getting some fish. Probably a Betta or some mollies or catfish.
                                  Now for some ask the newbie

1. What kinds of fish do you have?

2. If you could meet your 3 favorite characters from a book or movie, who would it be?
                                  3. Do you play any instruments?
                                  4. What’s your favorite scripture?

5. And what’s your favorite quote?

Hope you have a good day😊❤️😊!

#HugRikerSquad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >