Character Castle!

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 6,639 total)
  • Author
    Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson
      • Total Posts: 51

This is a fun little thing that we do on my other writing forum!

Basically, people throw their characters into a castle and then their characters interact with other peoples’ characters. Trust me when I say it helps with character development IMMENSELY.

Here are the rules so that utter chaos does not ensue. XD

1. Any character is welcome, hero or villain, incomplete or fully developed.

2. Characters may enter or leave the castle at the writer’s choice.

3. The castle is meant to test your characters so all actions within Forum Guideline are allowed. However, certain crimes may incur the wrath of the castle/castle’s guardians. Villains beware.

4. The number of active characters shall be no more than 1o to allow writers to easily keep up with who is in.

5. Invent rooms at will. The castle’s floor plan changes at random so if you can’t remember the map, who cares.

6. Going beyond the castle’s outer ramparts is impossible. This is to limit the size to a degree and encourage character interaction.

7. Have fun.

IF YOU HAS QUESTIONS, DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK!!!!!

I was one way, and now I am completely different. And the thing that happened in between was Him.

EmilySF
      @emilysf
        • Total Posts: 141

(Is this like a line by line role play, or a scene by scene role play sort of thing?)

My character named Sofia enters. (She could use some development, everywhere, lol)

"[Write] today like there's no tomorrow!"

Elishavet Pidyon
        @elishavet-pidyon
          • Total Posts: 1013

@denali-christianson

This looks fun….  (And I guess it’s role-play styled.)

Oh, hi! It’s good to meet you, I’m called Elishavet around here, and I mostly write fantasy, but Essays, Poetry, and Other Random Things are not unusual.

But, I’m not the one visiting this castle; it’s one of the many characters I am responsible for.

Meet Viktor Furrows. At 13 he is ‘5 4″ and is INFJ-T in personality.

He is also currently eating auleives on the roof of the north tower.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 12 months ago by Elishavet Pidyon. Reason: Eishlagair translates strangely

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Denali Christianson
          @denali-christianson

@emilysf

(Is this like a line by line role play, or a scene by scene role play sort of thing?)

It’s definitely more like paragraph by paragraph. Since this is not on a crazy active forum (as in everyone spends every minute of every day writing posts) please don’t wait for someone else’s character to act. 🙂 That’s how we spend an enormous amount of time not doing anything. XD Also don’t worry about using parentheses. The idea is to develop your characters, not follow a bunch of strict rules. XD Just put the name of your character above the part where you’re rp-ing/writing/etc.

Also write it like you would your book. As in third person limited or first person or however you normally write. Helps with your writing skills too! 😀

@elishavet-pidyon

Oh, hi! It’s good to meet you, I’m called Elishavet around here, and I mostly write fantasy, but Essays, Poetry, and Other Random Things are not unusual.

Whyyyy hello there! Wonderful to meet ye! AHA ANOTHER FANTASY HUMAN *ahem* or are you an elf? XD Anyyywwwayyyssss poetry is always fun and I’m awful at writing it but IT’S FINE XD

And your character is officially hilarious I love him to pieces.

I was one way, and now I am completely different. And the thing that happened in between was Him.

Denali Christianson
            @denali-christianson

@everyone

MEET MY CHARACTER:

His name is Kilied (KEE-lee-ehd)

He is 6’1 with longish dark brown hair and blue eyes. Clean-shaven. He’s 19 years old and he has a dragon that follows him everywhere (the dragon is named Balorico).

He also has severe PTSD.

Aaannnddd…

He’s INTJ-T (If I recall correctly…)

I’m now questioning lol

Okay I’ll write me first post now. XD

Denali Christianson
              @denali-christianson

Gosh I didn’t think this threw sORRYYYY ABOUT THE thReE PoStS In A RoW tHInG XD

Kilied

“Are you alive, Comrade?”

Shut up.

Balorico shifted beside him.

“I’ll take that as a yes.”

Kilied groaned.

I’m sick of headaches.

He peeled his eyes open and then immediately squeezed them shut.

Ow.

“You do realize looking at the sun isn’t going to help, right?”

Yes, Balorico. Thank you for the reminder.

Balorico’s scales clinked as he stood up and shook.

Like a dog.

As usual.

You’re so weird.

“Thank you. Do you have any mushrooms?”

Kilied grumbled and sat up slowly, trying to ignore the rush of blood leaving his head.

NO. Find your own.

“Don’t think there are any.”

What do you…

Kilied opened his eyes for real.

Stone.

Lots and lots of stone.

And sunlight.

And spires.

And not a blade of grass (or mushroom) to be seen.

“Where…”

Balorico glanced at him, a smirk in his grey eyes.

Kilied sighed and stood up, trying not to black out. His head pounded and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

The breeze was obnoxiously warm and did nothing to relieve the sweat pouring off his forehead.

“What’s he doing up there?”

Kilied squeezed his eyes shut for a moment before looking at Balorico.

“Huh?”

Balorico motioned with his long reptilian nose and Kilied followed his gaze.

A small figure perched atop a spire. In the sun.

Kilied groaned and dragged a hand over his face.

“This just gets weirder and weirder.”

Keilah H.
                @keilah-h
                  • Total Posts: 3868

Is it ok if the characters on here are from fanfics–like characters I created for a specific world that wasn’t mine? Or do only original characters count?

Also, the thing about the outer ramparts…. Funny story, there’s a villain in one of my favorite TV shows whose last name is Rampart (I have no idea why), and whenever I hear the word in its original context, I think of him. Which is not necessarily a good thing, because I really hate him.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Denali Christianson
                  @denali-christianson

@keilah-h

Is it ok if the characters on here are from fanfics–like characters I created for a specific world that wasn’t mine? Or do only original characters count?

Of course!!! Any character you want to use is welcome!!!

Also, the thing about the outer ramparts…. Funny story, there’s a villain in one of my favorite TV shows whose last name is Rampart (I have no idea why), and whenever I hear the word in its original context, I think of him. Which is not necessarily a good thing, because I really hate him.

THAT IS SO RELATABLE LOLLLLL And also sad… BUT HILARIOUS

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h

@denali-christianson All righty then! Also, sad for who? Him or me?

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Denali Christianson
                      @denali-christianson

@keilah-h

Ummm… mostly you but also him a little bit… XD

Keilah H.
                        @keilah-h

@denali-christianson Trust me, he doesn’t deserve it. I mean, if he becomes a good guy later in the show (which is extremely unlikely) I’ll be like “That guy? Really?” but maybe I’ll forgive him a little. He’s just…Selfish. And he left his most loyal follower/lackey to die, and then NOT AN HOUR AFTERWARD destroyed the city the aforementioned character was in. No one died–everyone else had evacuated, there were only the main characters left, and they came up with one of their clever/crazy plans to escape–but STILL. SO MADDENING, SOME CHARACTERS.

GodlyFantasy12
                          @godlyfantasy12
                            • Total Posts: 6645

@denali-christianson

ONLY ONE?! What about 2?!

my 2 charries hardly go anywhere without each other 🤣 (mainly cuz the one is crazy in love with the other (best friends to lovers FOREVER) and the others totally oblivious (girl srsly open ur eyes, my guy loves you…)

buuut in that case I guess until it’s opened up for more charries I can have my guy charrie be in a tailspin cuz she’s NOT here ROFL 🤣

SO, meet November! My darling BABAY (yes I might be a bit obsessed with my characters, especially this one and one named Paxton, don’t judge XD)

He is super sweet, loving, pretty klutzy, nervous and has some major daddy issues (along the lines of he can’t ever be good enough for his dad.) *hugs my poor darling.*

GREAT RIGHT?!  XD. not sure what his personality type is based on the 16personalites as rn I use the Disc program.

on that program I’d say he’s firstly an Inspiring Influencer and close secondary (or even they might be on the same level) a Steady Supporter. I know that means nothing to y’all but yea 😂

Also this is getting rlly long but oh well I literally live and BREATHE characters so WHATEVA.

November is 14 rn, has curly strawberry red hair, blue eyes and is Caucasian. And he’s human (well as of rn he assumes he is…spoilers for later in my series when he’s older XD)

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                            #ProtectMarcel
                            #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                            @godlyfantasy12

Wait…is he 13 or 14….he might be 13 XD

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                              #ProtectMarcel
                              #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                              @godlyfantasy12

OK SO HERE I GO *has absolutely no idea what I’m doing except writing as November so here I go! Yeets November into world XD*

Oh btw, imma say he’s in the armory if anyone’s wondering. Wherever the armory is. We’ll say it’s On the north side so everyone’s kinda close by rn 🤣 and ignore me as I slip between tenses it’s a STRUGGLE YALL

November

Sharp. Pointy. Dangerous.

Weapons.

Not November’s strong suit.

“AHHH!!” He stumbled backwards at the sight of a sword only an inch away from his face. His boots slipped on the slick marble floor and, with a volley of yelps, he found himself looking up at a very menacing knight.

His eyes grew wide. “Oh! I-I didn’t-I mean-I’m sorry, I just-“ his stammering was cut short as the knight loomed closer and closer and then-

Toppled over. On top of him.

It clattered into multiple pieces of metal and November pushed them away, crying out when he found the suit’s head. He kicked it, sending it flying against a wall of carefully arranged Katanas. They all fell with a bang that echoed through the room.

November paled.

The room was a mess.

“Whoops…” He whispered.

How was he going to be explain this to his dad?

How has he even gotten here?

One minute he was in the Athenaeum, waiting for Ara, and the next he was looking death’s pointy sword in the face!

It made no sense!

And…

November tugged at his hair-a nervous tic he’d developed at a young age.

This looked nothing like A’Grend’s Castel armory… not that he’d taken notes, but he knew that it didn’t look like this. It was a long, rectangular room, and this was more…rounded and circular.

Which begged the question…

If this wasn’t Ara’s family armory, who’s was it? And where was it? And why was he here? And how was he here.

And most importantly….

He tugged harder on his hair, making it pull against his scalp as his nerves shook:

Where was Ara?

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                                #ProtectMarcel
                                #ProtectSeb

Denali Christianson
                                @denali-christianson

@keilah-h

EWWWWWW CHARACTERS LIKE THATTTT!!!!!!! *slaps this villain across the face hard* Buuuutt hey if there weren’t villains there wouldn’t heroes to fight them so… *punches him the face anyway*

@godlyfantasy12

LOLLLL YOU ARE WELCOME TO HAVE 2 LOL Did I say only 1? I’m sorry you can have two. Especially if they’re inseparable like that.

HAHAHAHAHA the obsession thoughhhh

*relates on a very deep level*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 6,639 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >