Thanksgiving

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Fiction Writing ā€ŗ General Writing Discussions ā€ŗ Thanksgiving

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Madelyn
    @madelyn
      • Total Posts: 115

@starofthenorth

Oh, how did I miss this forum thread?!

First and foremost, Iā€™m thankful for salvation in Jesus Christ!! For the suffering and anguish that He endured on the cross because of His great love to bring me to life in Him forever!!

Iā€™m also thankful for Godā€™s faithfulness! We can fully trust Him because of the perfect harmony of His wisdom, His love, and His power. HeĀ knowsĀ what is best for us, He has theĀ powerĀ to bring it about, and because of HisĀ loveĀ for us, He does!!

Honestly, I canā€™t really cover all that He has done for me. I know that on my own, Iā€™m a wretched undeserving human being, but because of Godā€™s great love, I have been redeemed from the sin that once held me captive. I now have a race to run, a King to glorify, a message to share, and a hope of eternal glory beyond comprehension!!!

Iā€™m thankful for the hardships that the Lord has brought through. Iā€™ve learned marvelous truths about the Lord in the midst of fiery trials that I could haveĀ neverĀ learned without the pain and heartache. Iā€™ve learnedā€“no, Iā€™ve only begun to scratch the surfaceā€” ofĀ the beautiful simplicity of dependence upon my dearest Friend.

Iā€™m also incredibly thankful for my familyā€“for all the memories weā€™ve shared together, for the love and support theyā€™ve shown me, and just that I get to be part of my family!! šŸ˜€

Iā€™m so thankful for the wonderful church that God has led us to. Theyā€™re my eternal family!! Iā€™m so thankful that we get to be a part of a church with preaching founded 100% on Godā€™s Word, a rare gem in these times!!

Iā€™m thankful that we have the inherent Word of God available to us in our own language. Really, looking back at history, people have beenĀ martyredĀ for reading the Bible in their own language. People have sacrificed everything (even their lives) to translate it into Englishā€“and so many other languages. Iā€™m so thankful to God for His work through them!!

Iā€™m thankful for my two kittiesā€“Charlie Bear, my grumpy lilā€™ sidekick and Chester Rabbit, who keeps me laughing with his featherbrained, happy-go-lucky personality.

Iā€™m thankful for Godā€™s blessing of creation. And I donā€™t just mean nature (though that alone is certainly breathtaking) but even His creation of words, of art, and of imagination. What wonderful tools to glorify Him through!!

Iā€™m thankful for Hobby Lobby. I just had to say it. The best 25% of my belongings are from Hobby Lobby šŸ˜‰

And yes. Iā€™m also very very very thankful for toothpaste ;P ;P šŸ˜‰ (@koshka)

But maybe not floss.

ā€¦

Okay, floss too šŸ˜‰

Ā 

Psalm 16:5-6

The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup;
      Ā Ā Ā Ā you hold my lot.
      The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
      Ā Ā Ā Ā indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.

Ā 

That got a little longer than I expected šŸ˜‰ XD

Happy happy happy Thanksgivingggg!! šŸ˜€ šŸ˜€ šŸ˜€

~In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found~

Ava Blue
      @ava-blue
        • Total Posts: 215

@starofthenorth Hi Erica, good to meet you! Iā€™ve been awful about introducing myself to people on here šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø Well, Iā€™m Ava, Iā€™m 15 and I love writing survival stories :3 Iā€™ve been listening to a lot of louder stuff lately (itā€™s the only thing that can keep me awake hehe) Right now I really likeĀ Godā€™s Gonna Cut You Down ā€“ Johnny Cash, AerialsĀ ā€“ System of a Down,Ā Enter Sandman ā€“Ā Metallica,Ā Inside OutĀ ā€“ SPOON, and a bunch of others I canā€™t recall off the top of my head. What kinda music do you like? šŸ˜€

that a northern wind
        would cool my skin
        and fill my lungs again

Erica
        @starofthenorth
          • Total Posts: 199

@madelyn

I love your focus on God, and how youā€™re just gushing with joy lol šŸ™‚ I know youā€™ve been through some challenges, but God is faithful and always will be.

Ah yes, Hobby Lobby. What would we do without it? And cats. And toothpaste. And . . . floss. I have braces and am not enjoying how long flossing takes.

@ava-blue

Donā€™t worry! Itā€™s nice to meet you!

Survival stories sound interesting! I love reading them. I write mostly fantasy!

I like moody instrumental music šŸ™‚ Especially Ludovico Einaudi, Ola Geijlo, Voces8 (0kay, not instrumental), movie soundtracks, also Peter and Evynne Hollens.

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

Felicity
          @felicity
            • Total Posts: 811

@madelyn

Amen to everything!!! Our God is an awesome God!

I donā€™t think I met you yet butā€¦Iā€™m so happy to have another sister in Christ! (Sending a virtual hugā€¦) The amazing thing about Christians is that we are all connected, even when weā€™ve never met. Weā€™re all part of one Family.

Thanks for that post! It was really encouraging to me and made me want to shout, ā€œPraise God!ā€

šŸ™‚ Quick intro: Iā€™m an aspiring author who likes writing Historical Fiction, Christian Fiction, and a bit of fantasy. Iā€™m also a homesteader, which means I like gardens, seeds, cooking from scratch, canning and sewing my own clothes! Winter is my down time and Iā€™m excited to write more and interact with all the fun people on KP! Hobby Lobby is great!!! šŸ™‚ Hope to see you aroundā€¦

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 8156

@starofthenorth. First off, great topic! Wish I could have gotten to it sooner, lol. XD

And second, SO MANY THINGS!!! XD

First, Iā€™m thankful for God and his grace and forgiveness, because only he knows how much I need it on a daily basis. Second, Iā€™m thankful for my family. My parents, my siblings, my grandparents, my aunts, my uncles, cousins, etc, all the family in my life. Third, Iā€™m thankful for my church family. My pastor, my pastorā€™s wife, my Sunday School teachers, and all the loving, welcoming people in my church that made me and my family actually feel like a family of God. Fourth, Iā€™m thankful for my house. Me and my family didnā€™t have one for a little over a year and we lived in my Grandparentā€™s house, but about 2 years ago, God finally opened the door for the house we now live in, and I couldnā€™t be more thankful. And Iā€™m thankful for the freedom of America and the opportunity I have to be homeschooled in this free nation and the state I live in.

And, of course, Iā€™m thankful for all the material things God has given me and my family. And always, I remain thankful for all of yā€™all here on KP, who have been such great friends and have encouraged me so much these past months of my life. I will never forget any of it as long as I live. <3333

Madelyn
              @madelyn

@starofthenorth

Aww, thanks!! <3 šŸ™‚Ā Amen, sister, he is faithful!!!!

Mmm, without Hobby Lobbyā€¦ I cannot imagine a world like that XD

Ooooofda, braces are no fun! How much longer do you have to have them on?

Erica
                @starofthenorth

@freedomwriter76

Hello! I donā€™t believe weā€™ve met.

Everything you said is so true! I love seeing how God has been working in othersā€™ lives.

@madelyn

Well, I got my braces early this month . . . I think theyā€™re saying 20-24 months. One down, 23 more to go! lol

Erica
                  @starofthenorth

Haha, I am now a charismatic rebel!

Much better than a bumbling henchman.

Madelyn
                    @madelyn

@felicity

Hi there!! Itā€™s great to meet you!! (*returns virtual hug*)

You said it, our Family is one that will never fade!!! <3 We all have the same greatest possession, salvation in Christ!! Truly, one of the wonderful blessings of this life is that weā€™re running this race alongside so many others! The encouragement and fellowship of the saints are sooo necessary to this Christian life!

Awww, Iā€™m so happy to have encouraged you!!! Yes, praise God!!! The King reigns!

Ohhh, I love homesteadingĀ so much!! Iā€™m not very experienced in it, butĀ anytimeĀ I make anything from scratch itā€™s so much more enjoyable than buying it at a store!! Whatā€™s your favorite aspect of homesteading?

Guess I should introduce myself too šŸ˜‰

Iā€™m from the Midwest; I love writing, creative lettering, cartography, decorating, baking, languages, and medical science. Iā€™d like to go into the medical field somedayā€“specifically exercise or nutrition (basically lifestyle coaching)ā€“though Iā€™d prefer marriage and raising a family over a career ;P But itā€™s good to have a backup plan, plus I love the field so I want to learn about it regardless of whether I have a future in it.Ā Iā€™m a project personā€“whether it be writing or art or decoratingā€“so I always have 2 or 3 (or 4 or 5 ;)) projects going.

Again, great to meet you! See ya around!

Madelyn
                      @madelyn

@starofthenorth

Congrats on your upgrade šŸ˜‰ šŸ˜‰ šŸ˜‰

Here, someone posted this once and I saved it for future referenceā€¦

• Your first post, you are a Bumbling Henchman
                        • 20 posts, you become a Charismatic Rebel
                        • 50 posts: Wise Jester
                        • 100 posts: Loyal Sidekick
                        • 300 posts: Knight in Shining Armor
                        • 1000 posts: Eccentric Mentor
                        • 2000 posts: Chosen One

Ā 

Erica
                        @starofthenorth

@madelyn

Thank you. šŸ˜‰

Hey, thatā€™s really helpful! Canā€™t wait till Iā€™m a wise jester (at least Iā€™m wise, even if I am a goof)

I trust your Thanksgiving was amazing and the turkey did not shoot out of the oven (look up the poem ā€œThe Turkey Shot Out of the Ovenā€) lol

Felicity
                          @felicity

@madelyn

Amen! The King reigns!

Iā€™m not very experienced in it, butĀ anytimeĀ I make anything from scratch itā€™s so much more enjoyable than buying it at a store!! Whatā€™s your favorite aspect of homesteading?

My favorite aspectā€¦letā€™s see. Probably gardening. I like that a lot and itā€™s so relaxing and beautiful!

Since Iā€™m into History too, I like learning about the way people used to do things. Recently I bought a washboard and washed my clothes by hand (yes, really. šŸ˜€ ). I wanted to know what it was like 100 years ago. You know what? It was really fun! And my clothes were cleaner than in the washer machine. And I got a blister. But when I wore those clothes, I felt so fulfilled. It made me appreciate what my great-grandmothers used to have to do.

šŸ™‚

Ā 

Felicity
                            @felicity

@madelyn

Iā€™m from the Midwest; I love writing, creative lettering, cartography, decorating, baking, languages, and medical science. Iā€™d like to go into the medical field somedayā€“specifically exercise or nutrition (basically lifestyle coaching)ā€“though Iā€™d prefer marriage and raising a family over a career ;P But itā€™s good to have a backup plan, plus I love the field so I want to learn about it regardless of whether I have a future in it.Ā Iā€™m a project personā€“whether it be writing or art or decoratingā€“so I always have 2 or 3 (or 4 or 5 ;)) projects going.

That sounds like an interesting and helpful career to pursue! I did medical science in 10th grade and found it fascinating. What do you think about herbs/natural medicines?

Iā€™d prefer marriage and a family over a career too! šŸ™‚ Although if writing is my career, it might just work out to do bothā€¦

Iā€™ve never heard someone describe themselves as a project personā€¦but I get what you mean. I have over five WIPā€™s right now. Itā€™s really bad I know. šŸ˜€ Two of them are so close to being done, I just need to force myself to finish them and then I can keep working on my favorite one. šŸ™‚

Felicity
                              @felicity

@madelyn

Thanks for posting that! I was wondering about that myselfā€¦

Ā 

Anonymous
                                  • Total Posts: 8156

@starofthenorth.

Hello! I donā€™t believe weā€™ve met.

Everything you said is so true! I love seeing how God has been working in othersā€™ lives.

HI!!!! šŸ˜€ We have not! But I am FreedomWriter76 (or just Freedom, Iā€™m called that too, lol, XD) a Southern, homeschooled, Christian teen girl that has a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction! Iā€™m also a history buff (WWII History Buff, mostly, lol, XD) and Marvel Nerd, but we wonā€™t go there. šŸ˜‰

And yes!!! Always amazing to hear how God is working in othersā€™ lives! God is so good. <3333

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >