Thanksgiving

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Erica
    @starofthenorth
      • Total Posts: 199

Hey!! I thought it would be fun to have a topic where we can share things we’re thankful for from the last year.

For me, one of the big things is recovery from Covid. (I love how this says “Covid” isn’t a word lol) My family was very sick–I had to go to the ER twice. But God brought all of us through.

More generally, I’m thankful for the freedom we have in this country to worship our Lord and Savior without facing the persecution many of our brothers and sisters do around the world.

What about you?

@madelyn
      @koshka @mineralizedwritings @lightoverdarkness6 @felicity @arien @theloonyone @power @elishavet-pidyon @folith-feolin @freedomwriter76 @anyone else

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Erica.
      • This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Erica.

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

Felicity
      @felicity
        • Total Posts: 811

@erica

Thanks for starting this topic! No kidding, I was thinking about something like this myself! 🙂

Praise the Lord for healing you and your family!

@everyone

I’m thankful for hope. The Bible says that hope is an anchor for our souls, sure and steadfast. We all know the uncertainty of life and how things can change and become unstable very quickly. I’m thankful that we can place our trust in Jesus and know that He’s not going to change! Hope is very powerful. When you have something to hope for, you’re happy and looking forward to living.

I’ve been struggling with mild depression lately and clinging to the hope Jesus gives me has been like a true anchor for me. That’s what I thought of to be thankful for, so…

Have a blessed thanksgiving everyone!!

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Ava Blue
        @ava-blue
          • Total Posts: 215

@starofthenorth First of all, I’m so glad to hear that you’re okay! I’ve never been to the hospital, that sounds scary.

Personally, I’m very thankful for @loopylin for keeping me alive through the school year 😅 She helped me actually finish a big fat boring paper (and I almost got it in on time lol) and she’s the best friend I could ever ask for :3 And she tolerates my weird random interests and rants and useless animal/music trivia, which few people can stand! (endless kudos to you for being awesome, my beloved bean)

I’m also thankful for good music, which is the other thing keeping me alive. (I will not tell you how many times I have listened to the same 3 Weezer songs over and over hehe)

that a northern wind
          would cool my skin
          and fill my lungs again

MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings
            • Total Posts: 2794

@starofthenorth

Glad you are doing better from Covid! I had it for awhile, not nearly as bad as you did though.  I do remember deciding crawling was easier than walking though 😂 I was exhausted.

I’m thankful for Jesus forgiving us, me just being happier because I was low-key depressed (it still comes back sometimes but I’m doing better) And honestly KP! I love talking to yall authors. I was really bored for awhile I prayed about it, and like I write and draw so much now! And I’m having a blast with it. I wanted to move and escape our boring little town for so long 🤣 apparently that wasn’t Gods plan, but writing has given me that escape I needed.

Have a great thanksgiving everyone!

Oh, and great topic 🤣.

へびは かっこいい です!

LoopyLin
            @loopylin
              • Total Posts: 2020

@ava-blue Awww 🥰 thank you, fren

@starofthenorth
              I’m glad you’re recovering! That sounds rough

These are pretty much the same as Ava’s, but I’m thankful for @ava-blue because she is awesome and has really cool weird interests that make her really fun to talk to and it’s really easy to be myself around her. 😁   I’m also thankful for music because it’s one of the few things that keeps me sane during the school year. And I’m thankful for my dad because he gives me hugs and brings me food when I’m sad. He’s the best.

Oh and thanks for starting this topic! It’s good for us to remember to stop and thank God for things before Christmas craziness starts.

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Erica
              @starofthenorth

@felicity

Yes, I’m encouraged so much by the hope God gives us just when we need it. I don’t know if you’ve read The City of Ember (I forget the author lol), but basically the people are trapped in an underground city and the lights are going out. There is a group of people referred to as the “Believers” who are always smiling and singing and hopeful. The main character is always confused as to why they have so much hope. And I think that’s one way to shine our light on the world–being hopeful when everyone else is scared/depressed/anxious!

@ava-blue

I don’t believe we’ve met! I’m Erica.

Ah, yes, good friends are priceless.

I’m thankful for music too! What are some of your favorite songs?

@mineralizedwritings

Covid was an Experience, but God brought me through!

KP has been an encouragement to me too! (Okay, I joined yesterday . . . but I’ve been following it for a long time)

@loopylin

Hello! I’m Erica.

I’m glad you and your dad get along so well! My dad is pretty awesome too. He’s an author too, so he and my sister and I share our writing and talk about each other’s books all the time. The best time is while washing dishes 🙂

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings

@Erica

I know you mention of City of ember was to Felicity, but lol can I just say, that book is awesome? It was major inspiration for my books, and I only realized the similarities between them a couple months ago.

へびは かっこいい です!

Erica
                  @starofthenorth

@mineralizedwritings

It is! I read it yesterday . . . Are the others in the series good too?

Lol I suppose they are.

Felicity
                    @felicity

@erica

I haven’t read that but I’ll check it out! Is it part of the Green Ember series?

Felicity
                      @felicity

@starofthenorth

sorry I got your tag wrong!! 🙂

MineralizedWritings
                        @mineralizedwritings

@starofthenorth

It is! I read it yesterday . . . Are the others in the series good too?

Lol I suppose they are.

Lol sorry, they are not. 😭

I actually learned a lot about how not to right sequels. With my story being so similar, I realized how important it is to keep the plot up and running after the characters leave. Like, don’t let it get boring. I did not like the new plot points they introduced to the story, the sequels were not nearly as good as the first one. I love talking about this lol I could go on, tell me if you want spoilers 😃. But yeah, it’s a great non example, especially when my story has some similar plot points. I also have mixed feelings about some characters that I don’t believe were redeemed, but at the end you instead get a sense of, “Ha we showed them” Which is probably not the nest theme wise. It’s been awhile since I read them, but I reread a bit of book 2 lately and hardly retained anything it was so boring. 😅

Oh! And the movie for the first book was great!! Watched in in 4th grade and loved it.

へびは かっこいい です!

Koshka
                          @koshka
                            • Total Posts: 1424

@starofthenorth

Great topic!

I am thankful both for the opportunity to spend time with extended family, and for toothpaste. I mean, seriously, this world would be a much grosser place without it.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Felicity
                            @felicity

@koshka

That’s for sure! 🙂 Now you got me thinking of all the things I take for granted! I’m thankful for…toothpaste and wool socks and sour cherry jelly beans and education. Without an education, I wouldn’t be able to write, and if I didn’t write, than I couldn’t be on KP!

Light
                              @lightoverdarkness6
                                • Total Posts: 1626

@starofthenorth

First of all, thank you so much for creating this topic! It’s so good to see more people in this world thanking the Lord on thanksgiving.
                                I’m thankful for my family. My family has gone through some hardships this past year or two, and I’m so grateful for our Heavenly Father helping us get through.
                                I’m thankful for small acts of kindness, and how one kind word or a hug can turn someone’s day around.
                                And I’m so thankful for you guys!! Before I joined KP, I was kind of lonely. I didn’t have many friends around where I live. When I joined KP, y’all just were all so sweet and made me feel wanted!! Thank you @freedomwriter76, @keilah-h, @theloonyone, @loopylin, @mineralizedwritings, @joy-caroline, and @feolith-feolin, for making me feel welcome ❤️😊❤️!!

#HugRikerSquad

Erica
                                @starofthenorth

@felicity

No, it is not part of the Green Ember. (Those are good too!)

@mineralizedwritings

Lol, good to know! 😀

@koshka

I hadn’t even thought about toothpaste. Shows how much we take for granted, right?

@lightoverdarkness6

I echo everything you said.

@everyone

Happy Thanksgiving!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >