Hey Everyone!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey Everyone!!

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Erica
    @starofthenorth
      • Total Posts: 199

@felicity

Aw, thanks! It is challenging–but so beautiful and so worth it! Especially since I get to serve in church.

I love organs, especially when the organist really pulls the stops on a hymn like “How Great Thou Art!”

Bagpipes just make me happy. I don’t know why. 🙂

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

Light
      @lightoverdarkness6
        • Total Posts: 1626

@starofthenorth

I’m so sorry I’m just now responding😢😬. I accidentally refreshed the page about 5 times🤦🏻‍♀️😂. I think I know this response by heart now😂😅🤦🏻‍♀️.

Thank you! 😊. Yes, I’m excited.

1. Oh cool! Bettas are so pretty. But, yeah, they can be mean. If I get a betta, it’s gonna be in its own tank. I just looked up the clown pleco, and they are cool but weird looking😅😂. Tetras are so little and cute!

2. Sam is a great choice! He’s one of mine too. Lotr is one of my favorite movies, and Sam is one of my favorite characters from Lotr. I’d also want to meet Aragorn or Merry from Lotr and Maverick from Top Gun: Maverick.

3. Cool! I love, love, love, the sound of the cello!! I want to learn how to play the cello or the violin. I play the piano too!

4. That’s a great one! There’s a billboard facing the interstate at the end of our neighborhood that has that scripture on it. I love Ephesians chapter 6 when it talks about the symbolism of putting on the armor of God, and how we will be blessed if we do so. I also like Ruth 1:16-17 .Ruth’s willingness to take care of her mother in law. That scripture shows her true sacrificial love.

5. Yes!! That’s such a good quote. Andrew Peterson is one of my favorite authors ever!! I love the Gammon/Maraly dynamic. It’s so sweet😊❤️. One of my all time favorites is Sam Gamgee in the Two Towers:

“I know. It’s all wrong. By rights we shouldn’t even be here. But we are. It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn’t. They kept going, because they were holding on to something.”

Have a great day!

#HugRikerSquad

Felicity
        @felicity
          • Total Posts: 811

@starofthenorth

I love organs, especially when the organist really pulls the stops on a hymn like “How Great Thou Art!”

That is one of the most beautiful things ever! Tear-jerking! Makes me think there might be organs in heaven… wait, imagine an organ in heaven?! A perfect, heavenly organ!!!!! 😀

Bagpipes just make me happy. I don’t know why. 🙂

It’s your Scottish heart! 😀

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Felicity
          @felicity

@lightoverdarkness6

I know that LotR quote was for @starofthenorth…but that part gets me every time! Sam is too wonderful!!!

Light
            @lightoverdarkness6

@felicity

Girl! You’re totally fine😊. IKR?! It’s sooo good! Sam is precious.❤️🥰😊.

#HugRikerSquad

Felicity
              @felicity

@lightoverdarkness

<3 <3 Samwise the Brave! 😀

Erica
                @starofthenorth

@lightoverdarkness6

No worries!

1. The only thing I don’t like about my pleco is how much it hides! Sometimes I don’t see it for days at a time lol 🙂

2. Yes, Aragorn too! And Eilonwy from the Chronicles of Prydain. Have you read it?

3. I love the cello too! Though I don’t really like practicing.

4. I also like Philippians 4:6-7.

5. Yess, Gammon and Maraly! I love them!

And I love that quote!!

Erica
                  @starofthenorth

@felicity

I’m sure there are organs in heaven! Do you have an organ at your church?

It’s your Scottish heart!

Haha, I’m sure it is!!

Felicity
                    @felicity

@starofthenorth

Do you have an organ at your church?

Unfortunately no. 🙁

Erica
                      @starofthenorth

@felicity

Unfortunately no. 🙁

Aw, that’s too bad! We have one but don’t use it at every single service.

Light
                        @lightoverdarkness6

@starofthenorth

1. The only thing I don’t like about my pleco is how much it hides! Sometimes I don’t see it for days at a time lol 🙂

1. Oh, yeah, lol. I had a baby bluegill that I caught in the wild, and he would stay hidden all the time too! In the summer, I’ll catch fish and maybe a salamander, and I keep them in my outside aquarium, and observe them and write down what I see, then a month or so later, I’ll let them go. I’ve had two bluegills, a newt, several tadpoles, three bullfrogs, and two box turtles we found crossing the road. My dad’s friend has some land not far from our house that we let all the creatures go at. But, yeah, that’s what me and my brothers do in the summer XD.

2. Yes, Aragorn too! And Eilonwy from the Chronicles of Prydain. Have you read it?

No, I haven’t. Is it good?

3. I love the cello too! Though I don’t really like practicing.

3. Lol, yeah, sometimes it’s hard to practice.

4. I also like Philippians 4:6-7.

4. Oh, yes! It’s great :).

5. Yess, Gammon and Maraly! I love them!

5. Oh yes!! They’re so sweet.

Thank you! Yes, it’s so good! I was going to use part of it for my signature, but it’s too long :(.

@felicity

Awww, Samwise the Brave!! he’s so sweet <3 <3 :).

#HugRikerSquad

Erica
                          @starofthenorth

@lightoverdarkness6

In the summer, I’ll catch fish and maybe a salamander, and I keep them in my outside aquarium, and observe them and write down what I see, then a month or so later, I’ll let them go.

That’s so cool! I think that would be illegal for me to do where I live . . . lol.

Light
                            @lightoverdarkness6

@starofthenorth

That’s so cool! I think that would be illegal for me to do where I live . . . lol.

Aw, bummer! Yeah, me, my brothers, and friends do that in the summer. I don’t think it’s illegal here…I’ll have to check.

If you wanted to do that, you probably could! It might not be illegal as long as you don’t capture any creature that’s rare or endangered. But yeah, you might probably check and make sure it’s not. I’ll have to post a picture on here of some of my ‘pets’. I’ve never had a dog or anything like that, so my ‘pets’ are literally frogs and fish XD.

#HugRikerSquad

Erica
                              @starofthenorth

@lightoverdarkness6

Oh well! I can content myself with fish from a store 🙂

Sorry I never responded to more of your post. I was in a hurry I guess lol.

No, I haven’t. Is it good?

YES!!! Lloyd Alexander’s book Time Cat is also super good. It’s about a cat that time travels (did you know, when cats seem to disappear and you don’t know where they went they’re actually time traveling?)

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              >