-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Leon seeking Riker is much more powerful – even if he doesn’t succeed. He might not know where exactly to look, but Leon looking for Riker shows his heart. I like it.
Also, another thing I’ve been meaning to mention to you: I was reading an autobiography that made me think of you. It was by Benjamin Urshan, a minister born in…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Sebastian Universe in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Awww, I love thisss!! 🥰
-
Esther replied to the topic Monthly Prompts!!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Oh yesss, I really need to get back into this!!
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@acancello @trailblazer @freedomwriter76 @grcr @mineralizedwritings @savannah_grace2009
😱 I wrote almost the whole RP and then accidentally tapped on one of the links at the bottom of the page and lost it! 😭 I don’t think I have time to rewrite the whole thing now, but I promise I’ll have it posted later today or tomorrow. 😅
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hello!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Welcome! I’m Janessa, aka Trailblazer, and I’m still fairly new here, too! I write a lot of contemporary fiction and also historical fiction, and I’ve tried my hand at mysteries, too. I’ve done some journalism, and I enjoy photography, especially when it involves mountains! I like to get out and hike, but unfortunately I don’t live…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic ✨ WIP Rant Chat!!! ✨ in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
I like this idea! I’ve been sharing some of one of my WIPs in a separate forum I started, but I might drop some things in here, too!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@hybridlore Thanks! I’m glad you’re enjoying it!
I definitely want to try to show some more interactions between Libbie/Etta and some of the other girls from school (Lillian, Sara, Jennie, etc.). I just need to figure out what sub-plots I could work in.
-
hybridlore posted an update 3 years ago
Heyyyy Eccentric Mentor!! 😁
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Oh, okay! Really? I love mountains too XD I’ll have to google that range, but I did see pictures of Lesotho and it looked really pretty! Is it very remote where you live?
Ooh, okay, awesome! It sounds pretty cool, I would love to hear about the plot if you want to share it! Is it fantasy?
I loved the wingfeather saga, narnia, and…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
If your readers love the characters enough, I think even with a slower plot, the story will still work! But yeah, I see what you mean.
So, you say that you don’t know what’s going to happen… that makes me wonder, is the sequel absolutely necessary? Like, for the character’s arcs, and everything, or was the story really…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic ✨ WIP Rant Chat!!! ✨ in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Awesome XD I’ll definitely be on here.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Hi Kathyrn, welcome to Kingdom Pen!
I’m hybridlore, or Hybrid, a Christian homeschooled teenager, violinist, and writer. I mostly write science fiction or dystopian ideas, and I love Andrew Peterson and instrumental music as well!
That’s awesome! How long have you lived in Africa? I really like geography and learning other…[Read more]
-
hybridlore posted an update 3 years ago
Ecclesiastes 12:12 — But, my child, let me give you some further advice: Be careful, for writing books is endless, and much study wears you out.
Very true 😅😂
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
I don’t think it’s too summary-y, lol. It fits the style so far very well! I would’ve maybe liked to see the scene with Libbie hanging out with Sara, Lillian, and Etta in a non-summary kind of style, but if they’re not major characters, I think this works best. Great job so far, I’m really enjoying it! 😁
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@hybridlore @savannah_grace2009
This next section I’m gonna post is one that needs a little more fleshing out as well. It’s short, and you’ll be able to see it feels more like a summary than really telling the story. If you have any ideas of scenarios I could fit in here or things you think should happen with the characters, let me know!
Over…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Looks good! 😁 aw, poor Albert!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 Thanks! I will definitely check that out!
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
One thing I like about these scenes is that it gives a little more of a glimpse of Libbie’s relationship with her brother Abe. I feel like he’s not a very well developed character in the story, but I want to find a way to change that.
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
*Enters the celebration hall bearing raspberry cheesecake*
HUZZZAHH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! May all your characters applaud you!!!
*Rounds of thunderous applause*
*Vulkasin joins in, grinning*
- Load More

Good job!👏
Thanks! XD
How are you doing?
I’m pretty good! My grandma came and visited us for a week which was pretty fun, since we moved she has never seen our house/town and state!
It also has gotten so cold here, I’m wearing a sweatshirt 🙂 I am so not used to it, since I used to live in a desert, lol!
How are you?
Awesome!! Yeah XD it’s getting cooler here, too. I love fall weather 🥰
I’m pretty good! How’s writing going for you?
Oh my gosh I love fall too!!!! Fall weather is great 🙂
@savannah_grace2009
I know right!! It’s like the perfect mix between cold and warm. What’s new with you?
@hybridlore
Well I’ve been doing volleyball, and working on my WIP a LOT! also I’ve been making moodboards for my characters and also I’ve been on KP a lot too.
Writing is going ok, I am almost halfway done with my WIP (gasp!!!) I have writers block a bit from time to time, but it goes away pretty quickly 🙂 How is your WIP going?
@savannah_grace2009
Oh, okay awesome!!
@acancello
That’s amazing, girl! So are you still aiming for 50k-60k words? That would put you at about . . . 20-30k?
Ehh, haha I haven’t worked on it in a while — lately if I have writing time I’ve been brainstorming, working on a short story, or going on Kingdom Pen XXD
I’m trying to work out some things,…[Read more]
Yep! I am shooting for 60k, and I’m at 24k now. Guess I’m getting a little ahead of myself at the halfway point… but hey, its close! lol!
Maybe you should step back from your book and think about what you want it to be about/like? That helps me when I don’t like a scene or whats about to happen. I change it entirely. 🙂 If you need any help,…[Read more]
I mean, yeah, 24k is still awesome… I was proud of myself for 10k, because I have kind of a history of abandoning projects after a chapter or two XD.
Thank you! I definitely will tag you if I need help. Yeah, I’ve sort of been doing that, I guess, but I’m thinking I’ll try to get back to it today … we’ll see what actually happens lol. It’s…[Read more]