Sebastian Universe

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Sebastian Universe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Whaley
    @whalekeeper
      • Total Posts: 2637

So… yeah.

See title.

I can’t talk about this particular world on my Chrysanthemum thread, because it would go against my perfectionism. Instead, I have started this special little thread just for Seb’s universe alone. (Although technically his story is the combination of all my different worlds smashed together, so, call it what you will.)

This thread will be useful, since I’m revisiting this story to flesh it out some more, and this can be a catch-all space.

For those who don’t know… it’s essentially a mix of these genres: Superhero, cartoon (is that a genre? I include it because it is anything but realistic), 1930s inspired fantasy, comedy, and tragedy.

With probs some violence. I mean, his dad’s a gangster after all.

So if you don’t like that, I will politely show you to the door.

Sebastian was originally inspired by a combination of multiple things, none of which sound like they share anything in common. Let’s just say I was drawing two characters together (Hugo and Everest, who were originally besties), and I thought, “hey. I have extra space to the right on this piece of paper. It looks unbalanced. Lemme just invent someone new real quick…” Aaaaand there you are. XD

He’s also changed a lot. An extremely early variation of him was a white-haired mute telepath by the name of Topher. Another was a cheerful toymaker named Nicholas. Yet another was a steampunk-themed hunchbacked child with a personality complex.

Needless to say, Seb is OLD.

But, you know. the top hat was always there.

This is one of those stories that’s always been around for me, maybe changing, but always been in my head. I don’t even know how it survived XD But I enjoy writing Seb’s voice WAY too much, and if if you wanted to call him my pet brainchild, I wouldn’t deny it.

This is like, my special story.

…Um, I might share a nice, loaded blurb tomorrow, but that’s all I got right now XD

I don’t even know how many people are interested… um… *embarrassment trillion-fold*

Am I going to regret this

@godlyfantasy12
      @loopylin @freedomwriter76

• This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Whaley.
      • This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Whaley.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

LoopyLin
      @loopylin
        • Total Posts: 2062

@whalekeeper

Yes!! Into the Sebastianverse!

I would love to read anything you post on here. Your world(s) and characters are so cool.

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

LoopyLin
        @loopylin
          • Total Posts: 2062

*eagerly sits down with popcorn and a fuzzy blanket*

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Whaley
          @whalekeeper

@loopylin

XD Thank you ❤️

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings
              • Total Posts: 2803

YUS SEBBY!!

へびは かっこいい です!

Whaley
              @whalekeeper

Oki-doki, here is the blurb! I didn’t work on it too hard but I said I would post it, and I can’t just start talking without covering the basics 😊

An impulsive, short-tempered ten-year-old boy with the mind of a genius composer escapes his father’s cold-hearted clutches, and scrambles his way up to the highest circles… with nothing but a patched-up sense of charisma and a top hat.

Being the baby of a gangster ring is never easy. But one tiny pyromaniac fits the role like a glove – dancing about with an explosion of light and color, which no one can best or attack.

Sebastian Krataristo, a rich young muse of his dimension, has everything he could ever want. Exhibiting a twisted sense of reality, he is known to have a death wish – carrying dynamite around in his pockets, sneaking into criminal assemblies in the slums of the city, and selling out every sweet shop within a hundred miles of his father’s territory.

The only thing he doesn’t have, is true spiritual aristocracy. A bigger meaning to life; a greater calling. Something no one would believe him capable of.

It’s not meant to be.

Every Krataristo has died of insanity.

But strange things are happening to Seb’s mind and body – and they are far from adolescence. Both his parents’ universes are about to collide in what may be the most unique source of power seen yet. And whether Seb likes it or not, the title of superhero is easily passed to his head.

With the help of his personal hatchet kid – who prefers making cups of tea over hitting targets – and a tiny billboard starlet with a tragic past, Seb may just find that his universe is only one of a million.

@godlyfantasy12
                @freedomwriter76 @loopylin @mineralizedwritings

Esther
                @esther-c
                  • Total Posts: 3221

@whalekeeper

Yessss!! The Sebverse! (Or Sebastianverse, or Sebastian Universe… whatever. XD)

I can’t wait to hear more. I knew a little bit about him already, but that blurb made me like him even more! 😊

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Whaley
                  @whalekeeper

@esther-c

Great! And yeah, InTo tHe SeBvErSe XDXD

@everyone

This is one of those projects where I wish I could draw a graphic novel for it, but am still practicing drawing digitally to do so. So much of it is visual. I’ve been doodling the characters during school or traveling since I was a tween, and they’ve changed so much, but there’s no stopping.

So I hope a graphic novel is achievable, but even if not, I can dream, can’t I? XD

Euodia
                    @euodia-vision
                      • Total Posts: 1306

AHHHHH

*subscribes*

I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log had a child

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h
                        • Total Posts: 3875

@whalekeeper I love it!!!!

Also, his parents are from different universes? In that case, he’d get right along with my charrie Kaida. Her parents are from totally different unvierses too. How they met is…..a funny story……lol

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Whaley
                        @whalekeeper

@keilah-h

Yeah they are, in a sort-of way 😂 It’s hard to explain, since I’m still working out my magic system.

Ah, did they meet via multi-dimensional travel?

Keilah H.
                          @keilah-h

@whalekeeper lol yep

and their first interaction was fighting against each other (but more as entertainment and less as actually killing).

Only a select few know who Kaida’s father is. She takes after him more, despite being born and raised in her mother’s universe, which is a bit of an issue sometimes.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Whaley
                            @whalekeeper

@keilah-h

Ah yes, the comically romantic fight scene 😂 And the prejudice and angst for Keida, naturally. She looks different, or has different powers?

Seb’s the opposite in a way. He never has any trouble looking like he belongs in his father’s dimension, even though he was born in another (and he always thought his mother had left them or something). But his father is a criminal who steals and causes a ruckus in this other dimension, so when Seb goes there for the first time on an operation, he’s like… Why does this feel so freakishly familiar…

Then he’s like, “Dad, tell me why or I’ll caramelize and feather you…”

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by Whaley.

Keilah H.
                              @keilah-h

@whalekeeper She doesn’t look too different species-wise–her parents are both human–but it’s more about how she acts. For example, when in battle, she forgoes the sci-fi armored look of her mother’s world in favor of her father’s more Earth-military-special-ops style.

She probably has a combination of their abilities, but that doesn’t seem too weird.

Whaley
                                @whalekeeper

@keilah-h

Right, so she introduces something new to the combat table.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >