The Chat Chat

Home Page ā€ŗ Forums ā€ŗ Fiction Writing ā€ŗ General Writing Discussions ā€ŗ The Chat Chat

Viewing 15 posts - 3,871 through 3,885 (of 5,674 total)
  • Author
    MineralizedWritings
    @mineralizedwritings
      • Total Posts: 2803

@lightoverdarkness6 @freedomwriter76

Hey howā€™s it going?

Ā 

ćøć³ćÆć€€ć‹ć£ć“ć„ć„ć€€ć§ć™ļ¼

Lydia S.
      @lydia-s
        • Total Posts: 399

@freedomwriter76

AGH, FREEDOM!!! OH MY GOODNESS, this is AMAZING!!! Congratulations!!! *showers you with confetti and celebratory brownies* Seriously amazing work. So proud of you, friend!

How was the editing process?

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@lydia-s AHH, TYSM!!! *hugs*

It was really good and really helped me to try to make my writing more concise. Thereā€™s still some small editing I need to do, lolā€¦but Iā€™m gonna try to take a break for a while, lol! XD

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings

Hi Min!! <3

Itā€™s going really well!! Sis was home for the weekend!! šŸŽ‰ Yesterday morning was aĀ littleĀ rough but it improved drastically when Church actually started.

We had an AMAZING service of worship and feeling led to not preach his sermon, our Pastor called for prayer, and everyone gathered in front of the altarā€¦it was just an amazing service as we all prayed for our church and our families.

Speaking of thatā€¦if you could, just pray for my church, because almost every single family is fighting a battle of some kind, being attacked by the enemy, etcā€¦everyone is just going through the wilderness right now, and itā€™s been hard on so many.

I gave my Electric Guitar and amp to a friend from Church yesterday that has been wanting to learn guitar, and I was glad I could give it to him šŸ„°

Ā 

Anywaysā€¦Iā€™m doing really well!!! How are you doing? Howā€™s writing going?

(iā€™m gonna try to take a break from writing my actual books for a while, lol, but Iā€™m planning on working on Fanfics šŸ˜œ)

MineralizedWritings
            @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76

Hi Min!! <3

Itā€™s going really well!! Sis was home for the weekend!! šŸŽ‰ Yesterday morning was aĀ littleĀ rough but it improved drastically when Church actually started.

Glad you got to see your sister! <3 sorry it was a rough start though!

We had an AMAZING service of worship and feeling led to not preach his sermon, our Pastor called for prayer, and everyone gathered in front of the altarā€¦it was just an amazing service as we all prayed for our church and our families.

That sounds so great time! It seems like you have a great church šŸ˜€

Speaking of thatā€¦if you could, just pray for my church, because almost every single family is fighting a battle of some kind, being attacked by the enemy, etcā€¦everyone is just going through the wilderness right now, and itā€™s been hard on so many.

I will! šŸ˜Š

I gave my Electric Guitar and amp to a friend from Church yesterday that has been wanting to learn guitar, and I was glad I could give it to him šŸ„°

That sounds fun! Is thisā€¦ hmm maybe some boy Iā€™ve heard of before? XD

Ā 

Anywaysā€¦Iā€™m doing really well!!! How are you doing? Howā€™s writing going?

Iā€™ve had a lot of really hard stuff going on recently, I know you already know about it, but I feel like Iā€™m becoming.. hardier? Does that nake since? I hope itā€™s a good thing. I can handle stress a little better than before, although Iā€™m still recovering from driving to the library alone today šŸ˜… I needed help getting home because the bridge to home was closed for repairs, and girl, I canā€™t tell you the awful feeling it was šŸ˜­ I called home and my phone starting beeping like I was running out of minutes or something šŸ˜«šŸ˜« anyways I made it safely home but it took me a couple hours to recover, I felt physically a little sick XD it was the farthest Iā€™d gone alone and there were so many things that threw me off.

Anywaysā€¦. guess what I got at the library while I was there?! šŸ¤©šŸ¤© THE FIRST AVENGER!!!

I love it so much! Itā€™s like my favorite movie! Like actually! Iā€™m about 50 minutes in, and Steve is just the best. I already liked him so much from clips I had seen, but honestly I donā€™t think they could have made him more likable. Not to mention, the plot is so tight! Every scene and dialogue serves such a specific purpose in the story, and I perfectly understand everything! Iā€™m limiting myself to a little at a time because Iā€™m the type to get invested and neglect my health (Oh, eating? Thatā€™s not necessary when youā€™re watching Cap fight!) and because my dvd playeer can overheat.

Iā€™m at the part where poor Steve is on a stage in that stupid costume šŸ˜ šŸ˜ šŸ˜ šŸ’¢ he deserves better!!

Also, the foreshadowing is so good! I picked up on a lot of it because Iā€™ve spoiled a lot already.

Like before you know the red skull looks like that, the portrait painter (the actor for him was good, he looks like his life relays on that painting šŸ˜­) is using red paint, which wouldnā€™t make since at that point in the story.

(iā€™m gonna try to take a break from writing my actual books for a while, lol, but Iā€™m planning on working on Fanfics šŸ˜œ)

Good idea! You deserve a break šŸ˜Š Iā€™ll look forwards to reading those fanfics!

Ā 

Oh also, I got the Winter soldier and the newer 2019 little women! Iā€™m so excited!

I donā€™t like that the newer one has a character use Godā€™s name in vain, I hate it because it also goes against the original book, but oh well. From what Iā€™ve seen, they included a lot of crucial moments from the book, that arenā€™t in the 1994.

They also had the infinity saga, but I had to limit myself lol.

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings Thx girl ā¤ļø (especially for the prayers šŸ„°)

Yes, I love my church so much <3

That sounds fun! Is thisā€¦ hmm maybe some boy Iā€™ve heard of before? XD

maybeeeeeeee

XD

Seriously tho, I hadnā€™t used it in, likeā€¦a year?? Heā€™s been recently learning how to play Guitar, and so I gave him mine. Heā€™s enjoying it and thanked me again yesterday in a text for giving it to him. Glad I could help bring him some joy <3

Iā€™ve had a lot of really hard stuff going on recently, I know you already know about it, but I feel like Iā€™m becoming.. hardier? Does that nake since? I hope itā€™s a good thing. I can handle stress a little better than before, although Iā€™m still recovering from driving to the library alone today šŸ˜… I needed help getting home because the bridge to home was closed for repairs, and girl, I canā€™t tell you the awful feeling it was šŸ˜­ I called home and my phone starting beeping like I was running out of minutes or something šŸ˜«šŸ˜« anyways I made it safely home but it took me a couple hours to recover, I felt physically a little sick XD it was the farthest Iā€™d gone alone and there were so many things that threw me off.

Yeah, I do get that. Aww, girl, Iā€™m so sorry you felt that way, but Iā€™m glad you got home safely!! ā¤ļøā¤ļø

Heyyy, I went to the Library yesterday too!!! XD I only got 3 books (way less than my usualšŸ˜œ)ā€¦but Min, I soooo needed to get more than that. I read a 200+ page book in, like, an hour, I am not kiddingšŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Now I only have two leftā€¦so sad šŸ„ŗXD

Anywaysā€¦. guess what I got at the library while I was there?! šŸ¤©šŸ¤© THE FIRST AVENGER!!!

I love it so much! Itā€™s like my favorite movie! Like actually! Iā€™m about 50 minutes in, and Steve is just the best. I already liked him so much from clips I had seen, but honestly I donā€™t think they could have made him more likable. Not to mention, the plot is so tight! Every scene and dialogue serves such a specific purpose in the story, and I perfectly understand everything! Iā€™m limiting myself to a little at a time because Iā€™m the type to get invested and neglect my health (Oh, eating? Thatā€™s not necessary when youā€™re watching Cap fight!) and because my dvd playeer can overheat.

*SQUEALS*Ā 

MIN!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH, I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY YOU ENJOY IT!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEE JUST WAIT, THE OTHERS ARE SOOOOOO GOOD TOOOO, AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

Min, legitā€¦you have no idea how happy this makes me XD The movies are just soooooo good, and I am sooooooo happy youā€™re watching them, ahhhh!!!!

ikr?? Steve is justā€¦šŸ˜šŸ˜ Of course, I still love Bucky moreā€¦.broken boi and allšŸ¤£, but Steve is very much a close second, and he is just A M A Z I N G

Ā 

whatā€™s been your fav part so far????

Ā 

Iā€™m at the part where poor Steve is on a stage in that stupid costume šŸ˜ šŸ˜ šŸ˜ šŸ’¢ he deserves better!!

Also, the foreshadowing is so good! I picked up on a lot of it because Iā€™ve spoiled a lot already.

Like before you know the red skull looks like that, the portrait painter (the actor for him was good, he looks like his life relays on that painting šŸ˜­) is using red paint, which wouldnā€™t make since at that point in the story.

IKR!? So much better šŸ˜¤

OOOHHH, i knowwwww, right!? Yessss, that would seem odd at first, but when you know, you can really see how Marvel was foreshadowing everything, and yesss, you are sooo right it is so good! šŸ¤©

Good idea! You deserve a break šŸ˜Š Iā€™ll look forwards to reading those fanfics!

Thx girl ā¤ļø Oh, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be sharing a few before longā€¦šŸ˜‰

Oh also, I got the Winter soldier and the newer 2019 little women! Iā€™m so excited!

I donā€™t like that the newer one has a character use Godā€™s name in vain, I hate it because it also goes against the original book, but oh well. From what Iā€™ve seen, they included a lot of crucial moments from the book, that arenā€™t in the 1994.

YESSSSS!!!! Winter Soldier is my absolute favorite Marvel movie!!!! šŸ¤©šŸ¤© (i think you know that by now thoā€¦šŸ¤£šŸ¤£)

Yeah, I get that. Thereā€™s some of that in some of the Marvel movies too, but itā€™s a lot less compared to some thingsā€¦just use your own discretion when watching them, thatā€™s all šŸ™‚

They also had the infinity saga, but I had to limit myself lol.

Yes, one at a time, Min, one at a time. XD Seriously tho, I understand your excitement ā¤ļøā¤ļø

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76

maybeeeeeeee

XD

Seriously tho, I hadnā€™t used it in, likeā€¦a year?? Heā€™s been recently learning how to play Guitar, and so I gave him mine. Heā€™s enjoying it and thanked me again yesterday in a text for giving it to him. Glad I could help bring him some joy <3

XDXD

Well Iā€™m glad you got to give it to somebody who will use it more!

MIN!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHH, I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY YOU ENJOY IT!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEE JUST WAIT, THE OTHERS ARE SOOOOOO GOOD TOOOO, AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

Min, legitā€¦you have no idea how happy this makes me XD The movies are just soooooo good, and I am sooooooo happy youā€™re watching them, ahhhh!!!!

XDXD Iā€™m so glad it makes you happy!

ikr?? Steve is justā€¦šŸ˜šŸ˜ Of course, I still love Bucky moreā€¦.broken boi and allšŸ¤£, but Steve is very much a close second, and he is just A M A Z I N G

Yes I love Bucky too! Heā€™s really sweet, but so far I havenā€™t gotten to see much of him.

Ā 

whatā€™s been your fav part so far????

Well itā€™s hard to say as Iā€™m not that far into itā€¦

But I think itā€™s hilarious that Steve totally ditched the double date with Bucky just to get one more try at joining the military XDXD

YESSSSS!!!! Winter Soldier is my absolute favorite Marvel movie!!!! šŸ¤©šŸ¤© (i think you know that by now thoā€¦šŸ¤£šŸ¤£)

XD yes I know thatā€¦ canā€™t wait to watch it myself.

Yeah, I get that. Thereā€™s some of that in some of the Marvel movies too, but itā€™s a lot less compared to some thingsā€¦just use your own discretion when watching them, thatā€™s all šŸ™‚

I donā€™t usually mind that kind of thing, swearing ect. I meant specifically for this movie it bothers me because Little Women has a christian undertone and things, about how God provides, his will ect. so it wasnā€™t true to the books tone.

I just finished watching it, and the cinematography style was top notch. However they totally scrubbed God out of it, and had some lines I really didnā€™t like that werenā€™t from the book. Basically, they adjusted the from the book to the movie to tailor it to a modern secular audience, which I really hate. Itā€™s frustrates me that so much talent seems to well in secular/ not God glorifying places. Iā€™m not saying there isnā€™t good christian media, but itā€™s few and far between when itā€™s there.

Yes, one at a time, Min, one at a time. XD Seriously tho, I understand your excitement ā¤ļøā¤ļø

Yep!

Ā 

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings

Yes I love Bucky too! Heā€™s really sweet, but so far I havenā€™t gotten to see much of him.

Yeahhhhhh heā€™s not in the first one a whole lot šŸ˜–šŸ˜¢

But I think itā€™s hilarious that Steve totally ditched the double date with Bucky just to get one more try at joining the military XDXD

LOL, right?? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I meannnnnnā€¦i appreciate his patriotism XXD Bucky just wanted to keep him safeā€¦definitely has those protective older brother vibes for sure, lol

I donā€™t usually mind that kind of thing, swearing ect. I meant specifically for this movie it bothers me because Little Women has a christian undertone and things, about how God provides, his will ect. so it wasnā€™t true to the books tone.

I just finished watching it, and the cinematography style was top notch. However they totally scrubbed God out of it, and had some lines I really didnā€™t like that werenā€™t from the book. Basically, they adjusted the from the book to the movie to tailor it to a modern secular audience, which I really hate. Itā€™s frustrates me that so much talent seems to well in secular/ not God glorifying places. Iā€™m not saying there isnā€™t good christian media, but itā€™s few and far between when itā€™s there.

Aww, that sucks šŸ˜¢

I do know some good Christian movies tho if you ever wanted to watch them!!!

Return to the Hiding Place was a good oneā€¦but it did have some moments that are 100% not for a younger audience šŸ˜… still a Christian movie though, had Christian themes, justā€¦some possibly triggering scenes bc it had the SS in it.

kinda reminded me of my book sometimes thoā€¦which was really cool.

Unbroken (although itā€™s not a ā€œChristianā€ movie; has some swearing and one scene that I always skip) and Unbroken: Path to Redemption (a Christian movie) are both amazing tooā€¦but both deal with a lot of Violence and PTSD/Alcoholism in the 2nd one (but itā€™s the true story of Louis Zamperiniā€¦an amazing man with an even more amazing story!!!)

but they are great movies!!!

Beyond the Mask and Faith of our Fathers are both really good Christian movies, and neither of them have any questionable scenes, words, etcā€¦very Christian and very good šŸ˜€

I could talk about many moreā€¦but I probably shouldnā€™t overwhelm you XD

Keilah H.
                    @keilah-h
                      • Total Posts: 3875

@freedomwriter76 WOWWWW AWESOME! Where are you going to publish it so I can read it???

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Keilah H.
                      @keilah-h

@everyone Sorry I dropped off the face of the earthā€¦.I was on a trip to Puerto Rico (where my parents are from!) and I didnā€™t have access to a computer (and even if I did we were mostly doing cool stuff outside of the house, so I wouldnā€™t have had time)

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

MineralizedWritings
                        @mineralizedwritings

@freedomwriter76

Lol yeah, definitely protective older brother vibes XD

Thanks for the movie recs! Of course they are all historical XD Iā€™ll add those to my recommendations list! WW2 is a particularly triggering time though.. it really depends on the movie for me.

Iā€™ll tell you what I think of the first movie when I finish it! Also something kinda funny happened the other day, I was telling my mom about the first avenger, and the literal first thing she asked me was what Cap looks like XD I was likeā€¦ ā€˜he has blond hairā€™ then changed the topic to plot so I wouldnā€™t have to say how cute he is šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļøXD Every time my mom asks me about boys I always end up changing the topic out of embarrassment XD

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings

@keilah-h

Thatā€™s so cool!

Keilah H.
                            @keilah-h

@mineralizedwritings thanks!

Anonymous

@keilah-h Aww, that sounds like so much fun!!! <3

AHH, TYSM!!!! šŸ’•šŸ’•šŸ’•šŸ’•

Alsoā€¦not entirely sure where Iā€™ll be publishing it yetā€¦I just know that Iā€™ll be going with self-publishing for sure, and Iā€™ll let you know as soon as I know exactly what Iā€™ll be doing šŸ˜‰

Anonymous

@mineralizedwritings LOL, Minā€¦šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ ehh, itā€™s okayā€¦I thought Chris Evans in general was cute for a whileā€¦youā€™re not alone XD

Viewing 15 posts - 3,871 through 3,885 (of 5,674 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >