Sebastian Universe

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Sebastian Universe

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Whaley
    @whalekeeper
      • Total Posts: 2637

@loopylin

XD Isn’t it so funny when you realize your own habits? And that’s not a bad one either, because you obviously write them really well.

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

LoopyLin
      @loopylin
        • Total Posts: 2062

@whalekeeper

Aww, thanks! 😊

I wonder why I do it though?

Do you have any common tropes like that?

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Whaley
        @whalekeeper

@loopylin

…I’m not sure. I’ll get back to you if I think of any.

Whaley
          @whalekeeper

@loopylin @euodia-vision @esther-c @mineralizedwritings @elishavet-pidyon @keilah-h @koshka @lightoverdarkness6

Okay y’all, here’s a scene I wrote a few days ago. The two boys are in one of the gang’s hideouts – an apartment – all by themselves, while Seb’s father is away doing his villainous things. This is like, six years ago. I’m still figuring out a solid age difference between them, but Hugo should be around eleven, and Seb is four.

The door creaked open.

Hugo turned around on his heel, and crossed his arms with a comforting smile. “Hey, ‘Bastian…”

The tiny boy stood quietly, face drooping from sleepiness, wisps of almost white hair sticking out here and there. Velvety black pajamas and a fat tummy gave him, overall, a kitten-like softness.

His feet were wrapped in bandages.

Hugo got down onto his knees. “Are you going to scream?”

The toddler shook his head.

“Good.”

Hugo unwrapped the bandages, which had already loosened from hours of action, revealing a sorry sight. The toes were almost perfect – except for two on one side, and one on the other, which were now red and raw. Slightly shorter than the others.

Sebastian wiggled them sorrowfully.

It had been three weeks since the accident. Since then they had done nothing but travel, travel, and travel some more – by automobile, by train, and worst, on foot. Charles had considered stopping sooner, but the risk of being caught was too high. Now Seb had developed a limp, and no matter how often Hugo carried him, the pain remained etched in his chubby face.

No kid deserved this, and Hugo knew it. He finished the job, and tried to give Seb a roguish tickle along his side. “I’m going to find you some fuzzy shoes or socks with my next allowance, so’s you aren’t hurting anymore. But you’re being such a trooper.”

Seb was expressionless.

The two boys must have been thinking about the same thing. They stared at one another, hearts fluttering a little.

“Your dad will come back,” Hugo whispered. “Promise.”

No reply.

No words, no noise, nothing.

And that wasn’t strange. But it was disheartening. Especially coming from a baby, as Seb practically was.

They could not survive another evening of silence. Not now, when morale shrank to a mere twinkle.

But then Seb lifted his chin. “I want to take apart our radio.”

His voice was squeaky, and so quiet it seemed to be coming from another room entirely.

“What?”

“I want to put my voice into the radio, because it is easier than talking in person,” the toddler said, plain and simple.

Hugo fought back a laugh. “Do you think so?”

A nod.

“What else do you want?”

The boy stared out the window for so long, Hugo wondered once again if the rumors that he was partially deaf were true. But he turned back, eyes glaringly serious. “If I can’t b-broadcast, I want Dad to get tickets to a movie. When he comes back.”

Hugo wiped his nose on his sleeve and grinned. “Yeah?”

“We can go there, and I can hide in the movie, and everyone will think I’m a fig-figment of their imagin… imaginings… and that would be funny. I can be in-inconspicuous. And they would leave the tape rolling forever, until I’m twenty-one thousand eleven and five.”

“That’s sad.”

“No it isn’t. I’d have movie friends, and, and lots of things, and you’re lonely then. So, yeah, only sad for you.”

“Do you think your dad’s gonna get those things for you?”

Seb balled up his fists, and straightened. “No. He hates me.”

“Did he hurt you?” Hugo asked, softly rubbing his friend’s back. “He doesn’t hurt me.”

“‘Cause he likes you. He hates me.”

“Why?”

“He hates my voice.” Seb didn’t move, but his chin trembled. “He hates it when I sing after curfew. It’s not pretty.”

“I thought it was pretty at the restaurant, when you sang about relish and maple syrup.”

“But you said you wanted to throw up!” Seb began to cry.

“I was only joking, bud. I thought your song was lovely…”

For some reason Hugo could not fathom, Seb put a fist into his mouth and cried even harder, blue eyes melting, until the front of his tiny suit was dark and soggy with tears.

“Come on, buddy… up.” Hugo heaved the trembling child onto his hip, nearly buckling under the weight, and gazed out at the purple sunlight glancing off the window.

Seb had only started talking a year ago, at three years old.

Before that, everyone had thought he would be just like his father. He looked the same. Broad, strong shoulders. Fists which meant business. Both reminiscent of the Southern immigrants – his relatives – who provided the muscle for any higher ranking mind.

But then one morning he trotted into the bathroom, held up his hands, and asked Hugo to “kindly let me sample the cologne.”

Since then, he had always been eloquent, when he wasn’t listening to every bang and whisper in their various rental apartments, hidden away from the world.

So much so, a friend of Charles’ had once tried to steal the youngest Krat, urging them to send him away to boarding school for gifted individuals – those who could lend their talents to the general populace.

Charles promptly socked the man in the eye and severed any connections.

Interrupting fantasies, Seb pressed his face into Hugo’s, cheeks burning hot. “Hugo… I-I didn’t know…”

“You didn’t know what, bud?”

“I didn’t mean to… I hurt her feelings… and now she’s all alone and it’s my fault she’s going to die alone!” Seb said, words slurring and jumbling as his eyelids drooped.

“What?”

Hugo whispered the question several times in Seb’s ear, but all he got were the same words, and anxious mumbling.

It was probably some adult conversation, interpreted wrong.

Gently, Hugo dropped the toddler onto his dirty gray cot, and switched the radio on. A soft, fuzzy voice, so distant, kept them company.

Hugo settled down on the foot of the bed, crossing his thin legs, and stared up at the dust and chalky popcorn on the ceiling.

He pretended they were stars.

Suddenly, the strange realness of his life occurred to him.

Why was he still here, lost in this abandoned apartment?

Lost in this wild pack of people he didn’t even know, who scared him?

With a million flashing lights out there in the night, each belonging to yet another hostile stranger?

His breaths became shallow, like a baby rabbit, and he began curling up to smother his gasps in the blankets.

Seb stirred, and rolled over into Hugo’s lap, humming a harmony.

LoopyLin
            @loopylin

@whalekeeper

Awww I love these two so much! I’ve re-read this so many times. Your writing makes me want to draw. Poor Seb.

“I thought it was pretty at the restaurant, when you sang about relish and maple syrup.”

This line immediately made me think of 🎶”oh potatoes and molasses”🎶 XD Hehehehe. Sorry, you probably haven’t seen that show. I’m mostly saying this for my own entertainment.

Light
              @lightoverdarkness6
                • Total Posts: 1626

@whalekeeper

That was so good girl!!! So sad and sweet at the same time ❤❤❤

Poor little Sebastian…😭🥺✨❤

And Hugo 😭🥺✨❤

Your characters are now officially in my mental ‘favorite character list’ ❤

And girl I absolutely love your writing style, it is amazing 😍✨

#HugRikerSquad

Whaley
                @whalekeeper

@loopylin

Awww I love these two so much! I’ve re-read this so many times. Your writing makes me want to draw.

Aww thank yooouuuuuu <3 I had to go over it several times to patch up stuff, but I think I like it XD

And I’ve drawn Seb and Hugo so many times… I’ll definitely post some when I switch my sketches to digital!!

This line immediately made me think of 🎶”oh potatoes and molasses”🎶 XD Hehehehe. Sorry, you probably haven’t seen that show. I’m mostly saying this for my own entertainment.

I want to watch Over the Garden Wall!! Oh, and by the way, me and my siblings started Hilda, and it’s the best thing to watch while snuggled up in blankets with a noodle cup 😛

@lightoverdarkness6

Thank you for all the compliments XD <3

Poor little Sebastian…😭🥺✨❤

And Hugo 😭🥺✨❤

Yeah… they march through it together, and they’re practically insEparable by the time the story begins.

Although, of course, Seb loses that emotional honesty, and Hugo has to stick by him through the messy, stubbornly hidden angst XDXD

Your characters are now officially in my mental ‘favorite character list’ ❤

I couldn’t wish for more <3 *Hugs*

Anonymous
                    • Total Posts: 8156

@whalekeeper *GASPS*

WHO DARED TO HURT THE PRECIOUS SEBASTIAN!?!?!?

whyyyy??? just a precious little BABYYYYYYY 😭😭😭

Your writing is just…AMAZING tho, ahhhhhhh!!!! 😍😍😍😍

Anonymous
                      • Total Posts: 8156

alsoooo, i don’t think I’ve ever told you, but I adore Sebastian’s name 🥰

I just love the name Sebastian in general 😝XD

LoopyLin
                      @loopylin

@whalekeeper

And I’ve drawn Seb and Hugo so many times… I’ll definitely post some when I switch my sketches to digital!!

Ooo yay! I wanna see them! Especially Hugo ❤️

I want to watch Over the Garden Wall!!

You should!!! It’s a lil creepy, but the story is amazing and it has such cozy fall vibes.

Oh, and by the way, me and my siblings started Hilda, and it’s the best thing to watch while snuggled up in blankets with a noodle cup 😛

That makes me really happy I’m glad you like it. 😊

Esther
                        @esther-c
                          • Total Posts: 3221

@whalekeeper

Awww, I love thisss!! 🥰

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Whaley
                          @whalekeeper

@freedomwriter76

WHO DARED TO HURT THE PRECIOUS SEBASTIAN!?!?!?

That I must leave a secret 😎😂 I’ll only say it was partially his dad’s fault, and kind of an accident.

whyyyy??? just a precious little BABYYYYYYY 😭😭😭

Becaaaauuuuse he wouldn’t be the kid he is today otherwise! Our nature and experiences ShApE WhO wE ArE, FrEeDoM.

But don’t worry, I wouldn’t necessarily call his backstory the worst.

There’s some bad stuff, and he never had much of a parental figure around (which explains his rebellious\independant streak XD) but he had his bro, and things got much better after… oh… probably three more years?

Your writing is just…AMAZING tho, ahhhhhhh!!!! 😍😍😍😍

I love writing so much 😂😂😘

alsoooo, i don’t think I’ve ever told you, but I adore Sebastian’s name 🥰

I just love the name Sebastian in general 😝XD

Well, don’tcha know, I do too! XD I don’t remember where I found the name… but yeah, it has a lot of character and charm, just from a first impression.

@loopylin

❤ Where do you watch OtGW? Is it free somewhere?

@esther-c

😘😊

hybridlore
                            @hybridlore
                              • Total Posts: 1359

@whalekeeper

I really like that scene! Their brother dynamic is so good XD

There is always light behind the clouds.
                              - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

LoopyLin
                              @loopylin

@whalekeeper

It’s free on Max (used to be called HBO Max idk why they changed it)

LoopyLin
                                @loopylin

Well, not free. Max needs a subscription.

You could always just find it for free on some sketchy website instead lol

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 68 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >