-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Oooh, sounds like fun!! I haven’t been doing a ton of RPing lately, so maybe I’ll hope in and do this one. 🙂
I’ll post my character description this afternoon.
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 Joke’s on me, I forgot I put it in the first sentence! But if you aren’t paying attention, it’s easy to miss. It’s vague, and you’d have to assume she was living there since she was born, so I should probably clarify that a little, but it’s there.
“A dull ache filled my heart as I took a last look around the house I had called…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 No, that’s a good question! I didn’t even realize I missed that, but she’s thirteen here at the beginning of the story.
-
Trailblazer started the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@freedomwriter76 @acancello @savannah_grace2009 @anyone else interested
I thought you guys might enjoy reading some of what I’ve written and giving some feedback! I have many WIPs but this is my historical fiction featuring MC Libbie Hopkins. I don’t have it divided into chapters yet (I get too locked into structure when I set up the chapters…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Anyone just love Eragon by Christopher Paolini? in the forum Book Discussions 3 years ago
I just picked up this book at a yard sale because I remembered you said you loved it, lol! Haven’t read it yet, but I’ll let you know what I think!
-
Koshka replied to the topic Welp… I’m writing a script… in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Awesome! Scripts are so much fun to write.
I’ve worked on two plays, one of which was a five minute skit for a homeschool end of year promotion and the other…a full length play…maybe will get finished one of these days.
We wrote the skit in a sort of half pantomime where the only character which actually speaks is the narrator (a…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Behold, my WIP | The Purple Eyed in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@grcr I know several others already commented on this, but I wanted to add one more thing about the descriptions that might help. Given that this is the first chapter of your book, I think it would be helpful to find a way to start it off with more action, or some way to hook the reader. It didn’t pull me in very well, but once I got past the…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Writing about weddings and kissing and more! in the forum Romance 3 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 sure! That sounds cool!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Sebastian Universe in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
It’s definitely a spectrum. I the child who incurred questions from the garage sale lady on whether I was mute or not – I the girl who still struggles to speak loud enough for people to hear, I –Â
Am technically an extrovert. XD
Long life to horseradish! May its sparkles inhabit the sunlight forever.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Sebastian Universe in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Why thank you! *Bows dramatically*
No one is to blame if he gets called Little Horseradish (With Glitter). *Nods solemnly*
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Sebastian Universe in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
’cause when we finally get squeezed out so you can get to know us, we explode everywhere with suppressed creative sauce.
Is Sebastian an introverted extrovert? Or an extroverted introvert? Or horseradish mustard?! (With glitter.)
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Lost Island (An Animal Fantasy RolePlay) in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Aww, hedgehogs are adorable.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Behold, my WIP | The Purple Eyed in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Ooo, excerpts. Thank you for sharing! I like this Blair and Shannon. (Poetry, huzzah!)
I also relished the way you incorporated the poem he was reading into the opening. When the poem stopped and the dialogue began, it was like when the curtains on a stage are first pulled back.
I do agree that the descriptions were a little hard to get…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Sebastian Universe in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
YES Seb needs to be a graphic novel (and would probably be one of the only graphic novels I’ve ever read). One with Glitter and Color, and extra whip cream with sprinkles!!!
Honestly, Sebastian’s voice always reminds me of kid’s church stuff with it’s outlandish sparkle and unrealistic realness.
I’ll be stalking this page.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Sebastian Universe in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Wow. XD Hugo seems to have a habit of expressing himself too creatively for clarity. XD
Thanks for sharing! I shall now reference the poor ketchup bottle in vaguely shared humor at the first opportunity.
-
hybridlore changed their profile picture 3 years ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Howdy! New here in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Or any other of Ted Dekker’s books?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Howdy! New here in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Oh, okay! Yeah, I think I preferred AD30, but 33 was still good. It was really sad though – I won’t spoil XD
Have you read the Chosen series by Jerry B. Jenkins? It’s basically the show, but written as a book, and it’s SO good!! I liked all the insight into the characters. I’ve only seen a few episodes of the show, so I might be…[Read more]
-
hybridlore posted an update 3 years ago
@livingwoodchronicles how are you doing??
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Welp… I’m writing a script… in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Sounds fun!! Min and Allison gave pretty good examples. I don’t really have that much experience writing scripts, but I wish you luck!
Lolol 😂
- Load More
