-
Trailblazer replied to the topic How to write non-magical fantasy in the forum Fantasy 3 years ago
What exactly do you mean by non-magical? Or maybe a better question is, what things do you classify as magical? I feel like everyone has a slightly different take on what they consider magical. And also it depends how it’s used, too- C. S. Lewis has some in his books, but the approach he takes on it is different than other books.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Okay…
I’m lost. Do I just join some random topic or is that like bursting into a random person’s house? Should I make a new topic and go from there? I guess I’m just nervous.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Honestly, Mom bought the Chuck Black Kingdom Series, and I never got past the third chapter of the first one. I don’t feel for the characters, so it’s boring.
OHHHH…**Lightbulb moment** Okay, yeah, I guess I’ve done that once or twice, but not often at all. Actually, I should do that more often. I’ve done it mentally with my favorite…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Welcome! I’m Janessa, aka Trailblazer, and I write a lot of contemporary and historical fiction (which, if you’re interested in reading his/fic, feel free to check out the topic I started in the novel critique section, where I’ve been posting segments from my WIP), a little bit of mystery, and some journalism. I enjoy hiking and…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Plotting Help (Free of Charge!) in the forum Plotting 3 years ago
Okay, here’s my advice. Plotting works for some people, but for the rest it doesn’t. If outlining kills your creative process, then don’t worry about doing it. I think it’s a lot of just experimenting and finding out what works for you. For me, I’m more of a pantser, but I usually know a few events that are going to happen in…[Read more]
-
Trailblazer replied to the topic Has anyone else read the Dragons in Our Midst series? in the forum Book Discussions 3 years ago
You should definitely read the other two series! They’re so good!
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Lucid Wraith in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Hi! Saw this topic and wanted to check it out! It’s really interesting so far!
I think in the beginning, the style of the writing was kind of confusing. Overall it does give the idea of like, very choppy thoughts, sort of less established, so if that’s what you were going for, then great job. I just think that it might throw…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Actually, I don’t think those questions have been asked before. Congrats!
Who is your favorite character to write and why? Nahim Alfred Nayhelm, last of his family-clan. I know him as well as if he were my sibling (except whether he would like vanilla or chocolate ice cream, as far as I know, he’s never had it.)
What is your favorite…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Okay… to answer your question, not cottagecore, nor dark academia, nor piratecore. I guess the vibe would be kind of adventure? Warrior? Ugh, this is not going well…think of star wars, but different galaxy, different characters, different plots, and one step above tech wise. Oh, and mandalorian viewpoint, but different.…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
@arcaneaxiom
Interesting. What lead to some of the names? Metamorphs your clearly deriving from metal morphs, but everyone will think of the prefix meta and not metal, suggesting that they are not related to metal, but are instead referred to as surreal, creative, or unique by nature. Half dragons are often referred to as Dracotaurs,…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Welcome to Kingdom Pen, Sarah!!
I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl!
I wouldn’t say I’m a Tolkien geek, but I really enjoy what I’ve read by him. I’ve watched all the movies (which I know can be quite different from the books 😉 ) but I recently finished…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Welcome to KP, Brianne!!
I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving, teen girl!
I’m thirteen as well! (Well, almost fourteen.) And I’m homeschooled too! I think that there are a lot of homeschoolers on here. 😉
So cool that you’ve visited Denmark!! I would love to visit Europe…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Welcome to Kingdom Pen!!
I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, fiction-writing, God-loving, teen girl!
So cool! I’m a homeschooled freshman as well!
Horses are awesome! I used to love them when I was younger, but not as much anymore. I have a friend who is really into horses and riding, so I hea…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Actually, just kidding. She’s not 5’2’’. She’s actually 5’ 5’’
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@trailblazer @mineralizedwritings @acancello @savannah_grace2009 @grcr @freedomwriter76
Ok, I’m going to add in a new character, if everyone’s okay with that. This is Amir’s love interest throughout his story.

Shirin (pronounced Shi-reen) Hedieh al Azar
(just like Amir, everyone calls her by her second name)Appearance: thick, curly, dark br…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
I use an app called Moodboard. It can be a little glitchy at times, but it works for me. I have Canva, I’ve just never used it to make moodboards before. And I find my pics by just googling stuff, like quotes and aesthetics.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
I’ve been playing viola for one year now, but I started playing violin when I was eight, so I usually say I’ve been playing a ‘stringed instrument’ for five years.
Awesome! I actually had a different friend who switched to viola after starting on violin, too. Do you like viola better? You probably do XD What do you prefer about it?
[Read more] -
Ruth replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Favorite book? Lord of the Rings, most likely the Fellowship of the Ring by a millimeter, and that could change any time. Strider takes it away for me.
Do you have a WIP? If so what is it about? yes, I’m worldbuilding my fantasy and writing the revision draft of my first real book, Guardian Angels, as sci-fi following the life of a…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Darn, let me know if this shows up twice… I posted and then tried to edit Euodia’s tag, and then it deleted it, lol.
Anyway, it’s nice to meet you! I’m hybridlore on here, a Christian homeschooler, high schooler, violinist, and science-fiction/dystopian writer.
Awesome! I’m also the oldest child in my family. 😁 Okay, cool! Fanta…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Hi! It’s nice to meet you! I’m hybridlore on here, a Christian homeschooler, high schooler, violinist, and science-fiction/dystopian writer.
Awesome! I’m also the oldest child in my family. 😁 Okay, cool! Fantasy is really fun to write, too. I know there’s a bunch of fantasy writers on here, like @euodia_vision and @kyronthearcanin.
It…[Read more] - Load More
