Has anyone else read the Dragons in Our Midst series?

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Book Discussions Has anyone else read the Dragons in Our Midst series?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Trailblazer
    @trailblazer
      • Total Posts: 595

@anyone-and-everyone

I’m just curious to see if anyone else has read the Dragons in Our Midst series, because I love it and I don’t hear a lot of people talking about it.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

HighScribe
      @highscribeofaetherium
        • Total Posts: 2215

@trailblazer

I haven’t, no, but the name does sound vaguely familiar 🤔 idk where I would’ve heard it before though.

It's harder to make a square evil than it is a triangle.

Annoying side character of the KP cast.

hybridlore
        @hybridlore
          • Total Posts: 1354

@trailblazer

I have read the first two! Haven’t been able to get the next ones, though. BUT I do know that @kyronthearcanin likes them!

There is always light behind the clouds.
          - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
          @kyronthearcanin
            • Total Posts: 697

@hybridlore Oooh thanks for the tag!! XD

@trailblazer

Yes, they’re amazing! Have you read just Dragons in Our Midst, or Oracles of Fire and Children of the Bard as well? Who’s your favorite character?

Yes I love this way too much… XD My favorite character is Ashley, btw, closely followed by Bonnie. 😉

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Trailblazer
            @trailblazer

@kyronthearcanin I’ve read all three! I own the first two series and I want to buy the third one as well.

I think Bonnie is probably my favorite, but Ashley is a close second for me, too.

Do you have a favorite of all the books?

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
              @kyronthearcanin

@trailblazer Awesome! I have as well, they’re all sitting on my bookshelf rn lol. I think I’ve read them all a thousand times.

Bonnie and Ashley are the best! Out of the male characters, definitely Walter tho lol.

That’s such a hard question… I love them all a lot. I liked the adventure in Circles of Seven, but the events in Bones of Makaidos are nice as well, not to mention all of the books in Children of the Bard… I like them all XD

Trailblazer
                @trailblazer

@kyronthearcanin Oh I know, I’m not normally the type of person to reread books but I’ve reread these so many times!

I agree, Walter is definitely the best male character… I love his jokes! I like Billy, too, but Walter’s jokes give him the upper hand lol.

Bones of Makaidos is probably the best of the books… the whole Oracles of Fire series is probably my favorite out of the three.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                  @kyronthearcanin

@trailblazer Oh I’ve probably reread most books that I have a million times XD, it’s pretty normal for me.

Yes, Billy is cool as well. Also Sir Barlow is just great lol. Thigocia is probably my favorite of the full-on dragons, if I had to pick, though I love Clefspeare’s name.

They’re all amazing!! Have you read either of the Starlight series (dragons or tales) or Search for the Astral Dragon? They’re pretty amazing as well. Also I’ve been wanting to read the Reapers trilogy but I don’t have them yet…

Trailblazer
                    @trailblazer

@kyronthearcanin

I haven’t read either of those; I do have the Time Echoes trilogy, and it was good but I didn’t like it as much. My cousin read the Starlight series but she said she didn’t think they were as good, either, and I just never took the time to try it. Ironically, I’m not normally a sci-fi fan, but I fell in love with the whole Dragons in Our Midst and following series.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                      @kyronthearcanin

@trailblazer Huh. Well, I’m not sure about Time Echoes, but I thought Starlight was AMAZING. It actually sorta reminded me of Dragons in Our Midst, in a way. Truthfully I would have a hard time deciding between the two series.

And yeah, I get that. I write sci-fi/fantasy though, so for me I love those genres lol.

Trailblazer
                        @trailblazer

@kyronthearcanin Maybe I’ll have to try Starlight if I can find the time!

Oh back to the favorite characters- I forgot about Professor Hamilton, but he’s definitely one of my favorites, too! I have so many good quotes from him because he’s just so full of wisdom.

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                          @kyronthearcanin

@trailblazer You totally should! I had my mom read it and even she liked it XD

Yes, Hamilton is awesome!!

Trailblazer
                            @trailblazer

@kyronthearcanin I can’t tell you how many times I cried reading through the series the first time… after that I knew what was coming, but the first time through was tough. I read those books so fast, too, lol!

Anonymous
                                • Total Posts: 692

I love DIOM! Haven’t read the other 2 series yet tho. My favorite is Billy. Obvious pick I guess. XD

Trailblazer
                                @trailblazer

@sarafini

You should definitely read the other two series! They’re so good!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >