Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    hybridlore
    @hybridlore
      • Total Posts: 1357

@spinner4him

I’ve been playing viola for one year now, but I started playing violin when I was eight, so I usually say I’ve been playing a ‘stringed instrument’ for five years.

Awesome! I actually had a different friend who switched to viola after starting on violin, too. Do you like viola better? You probably do XD What do you prefer about it?

I’ve tried historical fiction once or twice, but it usually flops about a page in. I love reading it though.

Okay, gotcha. Yeah, I enjoy reading it but I don’t think I would have enough patience for all the research required XD

Denmark is gorgeous, and the language is really fun.

That’s awesome! I would love to go somewhere like that someday.

My favorite books/series… That’s really hard, but if I HAD to give just one, it would probably be Lord of the Rings.

I know it’s hard, sorry 😅 But Lord of the rings is really good! I’m on the Fellowship of the ring right now, XD I know I’m not far in but it’s pretty interesting, just a little slow.

My work in progress is kind of complicated, as it’s a mix of three or four different books/series with my writing style and ideas thrown in there. Here’s the one-sentence summary: Lisle Weft, along with five of her friends, must journey across Ilabathi to defeat the seemingly unkillable witch Nimione, or else their entire world will succumb to her control.

Okay, cool! What was your inspiration for it? The books that are mixed into it?

Yeah, just navigating the site, and what does everyone do on here?

I mean, whatever you want! XD There are tons of alternate universe role plays (AU RP), which is like when you throw your characters into a place with someone else’s characters, and you get to see how they would interact in a different setting with different characters. So yeah, those are fun!

And then we just chat about all kinds of stuff, mostly our WIPs. If someone needs help brainstorming, or wants feedback on their chapters, they could post it on here so other people can help.

And as for navigating the site, if you go to the green bar at the top and click the three lines button, it’ll give you a drop down and then you click “Recent Topics” underneath Community. That’ll show you what everyone has been talking about recently, like on the different topics. So then you can go to the top of the page and click “Forums” and that page will show you all the different categories for topics. Hopefully that helps, if you have any more questions let me know! It really just takes a little experimenting, but once you get the hang of it, it’s easy!

I’m also homeschooled (actually, me and my three younger sisters do Classical Conversations), I’m a Christian, I live in Georgia, and I love to swim and imagine with my friends.

Awesome! I’m also homeschooled, but I don’t do Classical Conversations, though we might try it someday. And I’m also a Christian and live in Georgia! That’s really cool!

There is always light behind the clouds.
      - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Esther
      @esther-c
        • Total Posts: 3213

@spinner4him

Welcome to KP, Brianne!!

I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, homeschooled, God-loving, teen girl!

I’m thirteen as well! (Well, almost fourteen.) And I’m homeschooled too! I think that there are a lot of homeschoolers on here. 😉

So cool that you’ve visited Denmark!! I would love to visit Europe too!! (It’s just like super expensive 😩 lol)

Time for some questions!

1. Who’s your favorite character to write and why?

2. What do you like most about homeschooling?

3. Cake or ice cream? Which is your preference?

Nice to meet you and hope to see you around!!

(Oh, and if you do have any questions about the site, I’m sure anyone, including myself, will be happy to help 😊)

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Trailblazer
        @trailblazer
          • Total Posts: 599

@spinner4him

Welcome! I’m Janessa, aka Trailblazer, and I write a lot of contemporary and historical fiction (which, if you’re interested in reading his/fic, feel free to check out the topic I started in the novel critique section, where I’ve been posting segments from my WIP), a little bit of mystery, and some journalism. I enjoy hiking and photography as well.

I’ll just ask one question, since you’ve gotten a lot already.

What’s your favorite time period of history?

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Cloaked Mystery
          @jonas
            • Total Posts: 2624

@spinner4him

Hello! I’m Cloaked Mystery, more mundanely known as Jonas.

I’m a senior in high-school, homeschooled piano player, composer, video game designer, fantasy writer. My main project is a fantasy universe that I’m working on with my sister, @highscribeofaetherium.

Questions (hopefully unasked):

Do you write more traditional (medieval European setting) fantasy, or more unique settings, or a mix?

Do you include magic systems in your fantasy stories? (They’re one of my favorite things.) If so, do you prefer hard or soft magic systems? (Hard meaning more concrete rules.)

See you later!

🏰 Fantasy Writer
            ✨ Magic System Creator
            🎭 Character RPer
            📚 Appreciator of Books

Cloaked Mystery
            @jonas
              • Total Posts: 2624

@spinner4him

As for Marvel (please don’t get offended, Marvel lovers), no, I don’t like it. Superheroes and whatnot just get on my nerves. To be fair, I’ve only watched snippets, but what I’ve seen doesn’t appeal to me at all.

I kind of wish I never got invested in Marvel. Overall, there aren’t that many good movies (although I do think some are really good) and the recent ones are terrible. I haven’t watched a new one for like two years at this point.

Aesthetic boards… I’ve actually never heard of it, but I just looked it up and I don’t think I do them.

Seems to be a running theme among KPers. I never had, and a lot of other people said the same.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
              ✨ Magic System Creator
              🎭 Character RPer
              📚 Appreciator of Books

Brianne
              @spinner4him
                • Total Posts: 34

@hybridlore

Yeah, I definitely like viola better, because of the sound, I guess. I don’t really know, but it just fits me better.

My inspiration for my WIP was a bunch of different books and one of my friends, who loves to imagine and make up stories and write.

I love your little quote thingy at the bottom of every post you make.

“You’re heavier than you look.”
                “It’s all brains and muscle.”

Brianne
                @spinner4him

@esther-c

Hi! Thanks!

My favorite character to write… do you mean characters that I’ve created and am writing?

I love homeschooling because I have more time to invest my energy in doing things I like to do and learning about things I enjoy.

As for cake or ice cream, ice cream would come first any day (even in winter). Cake is all right, especially when it’s moist and has good frosting, but it just doesn’t compare to ice cream. What about you?

Brianne
                  @spinner4him

@trailblazer

Oo, I love hiking! My favorite time period in history… I honestly can’t really answer that. Probably back between Bible times and the late 1600s, just because I like the way people lived back then (the dresses were so pretty!).

Brianne
                    @spinner4him

@jonas

I like to do a good mix of medieval European settings and my own unique stuff (usually my stories don’t take place in cities, but if they did they would definitely be medieval)

I try to include magic systems, but often they spin out of control and get really complicated to the point of not being able to understand them myself, so I try not to make them very important. Probably in the middle as far as hard vs. soft goes.

Trailblazer
                      @trailblazer
                        • Total Posts: 599

@spinner4him

Yeah, I love pretty much any American history, but especially the 1700s and 1800s. The story I’m currently writing is set in the midwest in the late 1800s so it feels a little bit like the Little House series.

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

-GRCR-
                        @grcr
                          • Total Posts: 947

@spinner4him

*waves* I know I’m pretty late, but hi!

I’m GRCR! I’m a fiction writer and an avid artist, journalist for my fictional newspaper, and a character lover that has thousands of characters, (and I love them so much that I wish they were real people, lol). I enjoy listening to music and imagining my characters singing the songs. And, I enjoy 2D and 3D animating.

Anyhow, welcome to KP! 😁

(I would totally love to go to Europe too.)

As is the tradition, here are some “ask the newbie” questions:

If you have any characters, how many do you have?

Which perspective do you enjoy most: first person (I walked), second person (You walked), or third person (He/she walked)?

And, if you were going to write an entirely original and new book, what would you create first: the world or the characters?

Hope you enjoy KP, and I’ll see you around! 🙃

“What be a cretin?”
                          “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

Brianne
                          @spinner4him

@grcr

Hello!

completely agree about loving your characters so much you wish they were real people. I honestly do that more with books I’ve read, because I don’t have many well-developed characters, and in my current WIP, all of the main characters are based on people I know.

To answer your questions:

If you consider characters I was writing by hand back when I was eight, I would probably have close to 75, maybe even more, but if you only are considering characters I’ve written since acquiring a computer, probably more like fifty or so. But very few of those have ever worked out.

As for perspective, third person is definitely my preference, but first isn’t all that bad. I like reading it, but not really writing it. What about you?

If I was going to write an origional book, I would probably do the world first.

-GRCR-
                            @grcr
                              • Total Posts: 947

@spinner4him

Lol 😀

Same. I really like to read and write third person, but first is really cool too. I struggle to write in it, though.

Interesting! (I think you are the first person that said world first! 😅)

“What be a cretin?”
                              “Of course you wouldn’t know. It’s a… bread you put in salad.”

hybridlore
                              @hybridlore
                                • Total Posts: 1357

@spinner4him

Yeah, I definitely like viola better, because of the sound, I guess. I don’t really know, but it just fits me better.

Yeah, I get that. It’s really similar to violin, just a little deeper, right? I don’t think you have an E string.

My inspiration for my WIP was a bunch of different books and one of my friends, who loves to imagine and make up stories and write.

Oh, okay, cool! Yeah, I get inspired by other books too XD

I love your little quote thingy at the bottom of every post you make.

Thanks! It’s called a signature, and it’s really easy to change. You just go to your profile and click edit, then you should be able to find where it says “Edit signature” or something like that. And then you just write whatever you want. I think mine’s a Martin Luther King Jr. quote… maybe XD.

There is always light behind the clouds.
                                - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Brianne
                                @spinner4him

@hybridlore

Yeah, violists don’t have an E string.

Oh, nice! Man, it’ll take me forever to figure out what to put down there. So many books have so many good quotes!

I know this is kind of random, but have you ever read The Wingfeather Saga?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >