Hi. I’m RAE

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hi. I’m RAE

• This topic has 75 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 7 months ago by Sara.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    RAE
    @rae
      • Total Posts: 3013

Hello, I just joined KP as of a minute ago.

I like to write sci-fi and fantasy, but hope one day to write a historical fiction on my Great Grandfather, who was a soldier in WW2. Problem is, the research has come to a dead stop, for various reasons. Currently, I’m working on the second draft of my first book, a sci-fi called Guardian Angels.

A really weird fact about me is that dogs don’t seem to like my blue eyes.

I like horses and work for a stable near where I live for riding lessons. Though i’m new to the horse world; I’ve loved them all my life, but haven’t been able to get near them, or ride before June this year.

i don’t mind school (I’m in my first year of Highschool) mainly because all of my BFFs go to the same school and I’m homeschooled. We do have a Homeschool co-op once a week though. I’d say my least favorite subjects would be Latin and Math.

My real name I don’t like using on the internet often, but my brothers have nicknamed me Ru (roo) or Ruee (Roo-ee) so I’ll be using one of those names or my username. I look forward to getting to know all of you and the site, You’ll find me here whenever I get bored or have a writing headache! Farewell!

hybridlore
      @hybridlore
        • Total Posts: 1359

@rae

Hi! It’s nice to meet you!

I’m hybridlore on here, and I’m also a homeschooler and science fiction writer! I also play the violin. Guardian Angels sounds really cool, you’ll have to tag me if you post anything about it on here!

I have blue eyes too, but I’ve never noticed whether or not dogs seemed to like them…

Horses are awesome! I’ve seen them up close before but haven’t ridden one since I was really little.. that would be something cool to try!

I have a co-op once a week too! I’m a sophomore, so this is my second year in high school. Hmm, yeah, Latin is hard. Math is okay. What other classes are you taking?

What’s your favorite book/series?

Anyway, welcome to KP! I’m excited to talk to you more!

There is always light behind the clouds.
        - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Trailblazer
        @trailblazer
          • Total Posts: 600

@rae

Welcome to KP! I’m Janessa, aka Trailblazer, and I write a lot of contemporary fiction, historical fiction, a little bit of mystery, and some journalism. I love the idea of writing about your great-grandfather; I’ve thought of doing the same thing, but never had quite the right inspiration for it. Aside from writing, I love reading, hiking, photography, and mountains (or a combination of all of the above).

A couple questions for you:

When did you first start writing, and what was the story about?

What is your favorite book/series?

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

Trailblazer
          @trailblazer
            • Total Posts: 600

@rae @hybridlore

Oops, didn’t see that you already asked that question, hybrid!

"Real love is for your good, not for your comfort." -Justin Whitmel Earley

hybridlore
            @hybridlore
              • Total Posts: 1359

@trailblazer

No problem, it’s the best question XD

There is always light behind the clouds.
              - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Cloaked Mystery
              @jonas
                • Total Posts: 2624

@rae

Hello!

I’m Jonas (more mysteriously known as “Cloaked Mystery.”) I’m homeschooled and on my last year of high school. I write fantasy, and am working on a large fantasy universe along with my sister, @highscribeofaetherium. I love creating magic systems.

That’s cool that you’re writing about your great grandfather. My great grandfather was in WWII as well, but I don’t know much about his experience.

Now for some questions, all fantasy related, because I’m bad at coming up with questions:

What sort of fantasy do you write? (More traditional medieval European setting, more unique settings, or a mix.)

Have you included any magic systems or technology systems in your stories? Do you prefer hard or soft magic/technology systems? If you have both, how do you approach them differently?

See you later!

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                ✨ Magic System Creator
                🎭 Character RPer
                📚 Appreciator of Books

Allison
                @acancello
                  • Total Posts: 838

@rae

Hi! I’m Acancello, also known as Allison! I’m homeschooled and  I love guinea pigs, dogs, traveling, acting, trying weird food, writing, reading, talking and a lot more 😁! I write Dystopian and post-apocalyptic books. I’m so glad you could come to Kingdom Pen!

A really weird fact about me is that dogs don’t seem to like my blue eyes.

Huh thats odd, I have blue eyes and they dont seem to care… 😀

OK, now I’ll ask you some hopefully not already asked questions 😉

What’s your favorite book series?

Do you like to do any sports? If not, do you have any other activities you like to do?

How often do you like to write?

What is your favorite character you have written?

Hope you love KP!!

MineralizedWritings
                  @mineralizedwritings
                    • Total Posts: 2801

@rae

Hello and welcome to kp!

I’m mineralized writings, also known as Min. I write dystopian and fantasy most of the time, nd occasionally poetry. I also make comics 🙂

A couple ask the newbie questions:

What inspires your writing?

Do you have a favorite aesthetic?

Do you have a favorite book of the bible?

What’s your favorite school subject?

へびは かっこいい です!

TheArcaneAxiom
                    @thearcaneaxiom
                      • Total Posts: 1251

Hi Rae! I’m the Arcane Axiom, I love math (yes I know), finding divine fundamental truth, and exploring that in my writing. I read/write sci-fi/fantasy, and my current project is a universe I’m working on with my sister called the Septrum.

Questions!

Do you lean towards hard or soft worldbuilding? (hard meaning concrete rules for the reader to understand, vs soft meaning more open possibilities where anything goes.)

What is a favorite concept or idea you’ve seen for worldbuilding, character, or writing in general that you’ve seen in writing?

Now what is a favorite concept or idea you’ve seen for worldbuilding, character, or writing in general that you’ve come up with yourself?

What’s Guardian Angels about? Do you lean much into actual sci-fi, or is it more of a space opera?

And last but not least:

What do taste buds taste like?

He is perfect in Justice, yet He is perfect in Mercy, even when we fail Him. For this, He is good.

RAE
                      @rae

@hybridlore

Do you happen to do Classical Conversations? i take Exposition (persuasive essays), latin, Math, American documents, formal debate, logic, and science. Science is okay, but the chapters are like soooo long and I’m not a science geek so, if you ask me what I just read about, I’m not going to give you a rundown. In other words, I wasn’t paying any attention. Expo is my favorite, formal debate and American documents is meh, fun but a lot of work.

DEFINITLY go and try horse riding! So fun. I ride English Hunter Jumper. Oh, but showing up at the barn, NEVER wear open toe shoes. If you get stepped on, you are going to scream. just a word for the wise from the wise who has gotten stepped on like six times.

RAE
                        @rae

@trailblazer

i first started writing a short story about a meerkat who I forget the name of. When I say short, I mean short short short story. it was awful, I now realize, but to a kid of probably six, it was the best. I didn’t daydream about publishing anything until years later when I was writing a historical fiction (now dumped, it wasn’t worth continuing) Called the Solomon Team. I was just a eleven year old who wasn’t serious. AND THEN my knight in shining armor to spir me into writing. JRR TOLKIEN. I really did not like books until I read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings (and that answers your second question, I believe). From then on it only took a MC that I liked and a day when I was fed up daydreaming.

I’m just going to warn all of you now, When I get onto a subject I know, I just rant on.

RAE
                          @rae

@jonas

What type of fantasy do i write? I write traditional, A mix of it and sci-fi, as well as modern-level tech set in my fantasy world/sci-fi universe.

Magic systems? Soft magic. I like a mysterious bubble, if you will, around how it all works. You hear statements like “the song magic of the elves” and “Battle of power” but since I’m not great at going into detail on such things, and I step carefully around magic, preferring how Tolkien said it, “I don’t understand what you mean by the word ‘magic’ for you use the same word for the sorceries of the Enemy” (I’m paraphrasing). Tech? My big brother (who I shall call C) can go into diagrams of his sci-fi stuff, like it’s amazing how he thinks up his stuff, and if he wrote, he would like go into so much detail, but I don’t, Can’t. tried and failed.

RAE
                            @rae

@acancello

Lord of the Rings. Favorite book series, and it’s never changing.

I like playing ‘soccer’ sometimes with a group of kids at my co-op, but we’re not a sportsy family. But off all sports, of all time, my favorite has to me Horseback riding! I especially love a good canter. Which means, not bouncy and fast!

RAE
                              @rae

Oops, sorry, sent that too early.

@acancello

Anytime I can. I write at least something (even if it’s just a couple sentences haha) everyday.

Hands down, my favorite character I’ve ever written is Nahim (nay-him) my MC of Guardian Angels. He and I are like siblings at this point. Actually, if you want to meet him, I’ve got a short story about when he was thirteen.

RAE
                                @rae

@mineralizedwritings

What inspires my writing? many things. A Trail ride on horseback makes me think of a calming scene in fantasy with elves and such if it is a beautiful fall day like it was today, actually. For my current bok, my emotions and what my heart says. Often I pour out my heart in my writing, twisting it as the word touch the page to fit my MC and so my friends won’t recognize my life in the tangled mess. My readers have no idea how much of my book is a warped reflection of me on the surface of a lake.

What do you mean by aesthetic?

Ruth. That’s my favorite.

Exposition, or in other words, persuasive essays. we read a book, choose an issue and write a paper on why the character should or should not have made a certain decision.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >