-
Trailblazer replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
@hybridlore @savannah_grace2009
Let me know if anything in this section sounds strange or unrealistic. Some parts feel a little awkward to me, and I want to know if it feels that way to other readers or if it’s just me.
In early September, the first cornshucking of the season took place. Mama had finally agreed that I was old enough to go,…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Actually, yes. I have been stepped on before six times, by six different horse on the same foot. I work at a stable that has 39 +/- horses, so it’s bound to happen.
It’s not a brand, it’s type of cheese and my personal favorite, try it sometimes It’s really good with celery or rice cakes.
Glad to here you like kp, hope to see you…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 3 years ago
Okay, I was just making sure! Hmm…. yeah, I would just tag anyone you know/people who asked about your WIP, but of course you don’t have to. It just helps them to see it.
I know that @loopylin and @kyronthearcanin write science fiction, so maybe they would be interested to read it? Sorry, I don’t know who you’ve met yet. Or maybe @whalekee…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Hey, if you want to see my writing WIP, I started a topic called “Criticism on a revision draft” My first two chapters are on there.
-
Ruth replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 3 years ago
@hybridlore @freedomwriter76 @euodia-vision @jonas @mineralizedwritings @anyone-else-who-might-have-slight-interest
If I just tagged you and you aren’t interested, feel free to go away.
So…If you’re still around, and haven’t read the first chapter, look up. If you’re still around and you have read the first chapter, look down.
CHAPTER 2-…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Questionnaire in the forum Characters 3 years ago
Thanks! Of course!
-
Ruth replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 3 years ago
I do know how to tag people, but who would be interested? I do have two friends, but at the time I posted that, they we nonexistent. Should I just tag people I know?
I like your idea of adding Nahim in, it’s probably the only advice I’ve gotten about this chapter that doesn’t ruin my purpose at all.
Actually, funny you should…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic My WIP (historical fiction) in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
Sorry I never replied to this, but I still read it! I like where it’s going, lol. It’ll be interesting to see if Clara finds a husband XD
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Character Questionnaire in the forum Characters 3 years ago
I use it to mean negative traits, but you’re right, it’s a little confusing. I’ll change that.
-
hybridlore started the topic Character Questionnaire in the forum Characters 3 years ago
Hey guys! I know we’ve already had some of these topics, but I made another one! I don’t like to go into TOO much detail about my characters, but I’ve found that answering a few important questions can go a long way in fleshing them out.
I just made this questionnaire the other day, and it’s helped me a lot so far! If any of you wants to use it,…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Criticism on a revision draft in the forum Sci-Fi 3 years ago
Hi!! Sorry, I would’ve gotten to this earlier, I just didn’t even see it. Do you know how to tag people already or did you just not know who to tag?
It seems interesting so far! I think the biggest thing I noticed was that your paragraphs are really long — I think it would be easier to read if you split the paragraphs up, but that’s sort…[Read more]
-
Ruth replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
I just have to show you this…

-
Esther replied to the topic A Place to share/write whatever we’re working on: Worldbuilding, plot, etc in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
-
Esther replied to the topic My Love Has Gone Across the Sea (WFS fan fic) in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years ago
Oh my word, thank you so much!!! That means a lot!! 🥰 I actually emailed in the story to him, but I haven’t gotten any reply yet. (Which doesn’t surprise me. He’s probably busy. 😉 ) But I actually got to meet him at a conference I went to at the beginning of September. I was able to get a picture with him too! It was pretty aweso…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
My favorite character to write… do you mean characters that I’ve created and am writing?
Yep! Any character of your own creation!
I love homeschooling because I have more time to invest my energy in doing things I like to do and learning about things I enjoy.
Yeah, awesome! I would agree. 😉
As for cake or ice cream, ice cream wou…
-
Esther replied to the topic Character Party! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
@savannah_grace2009 @mineralizedwritings
Oh yeah, whoops. 😅
Ok, well, then I’ll reconsider adding her in. 😉
-
Esther replied to the topic Paradise Lie recreated in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years ago
Alrighty! I’ll be sure to pop in!
-
Esther replied to the topic The Paradise Lie in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years ago
If this is the whole first chapter (which I’m assuming it is) my first critique would be to hint in some way at the actual plot. I felt like it was missing something, and maybe that was it. I’m not entirely sure. Because to me, unless this whole story revolves around Ben and his forgiving his father, I see no indication of the plot dev…[Read more]
-
Esther replied to the topic Hi. I'm RAE in the forum Start HERE 3 years ago
Actually, I don’t think those questions have been asked before. Congrats!
Sweet. 😎 *high-fives myself*
Who is your favorite character to write and why? Nahim Alfred Nayhelm, last of his family-clan. I know him as well as if he were my sibling (except whether he would like vanilla or chocolate ice cream, as far as I know, he’s never had it.…
- Load More
