Hello!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    hybridlore
    @hybridlore
      • Total Posts: 1357

@spinner4him

Yess!!! Read and reread them, they’re amazing. My family might be starting the first one as a read aloud, too! 😁 I’ve been trying to get my siblings to read them forever. Who’s your favorite character?

There is always light behind the clouds.
      - Little Women, Louisa May Alcott

Brianne
      @spinner4him
        • Total Posts: 34

@hybridlore

They are SO good. I’ve probably listened to the whole series four or five times, and read/listened to selective books when I get bored. My sister and I listened to the whole series with my dad a few years ago, and he loved them (he cried), and my mom is almost finished reading On the Edge of the Dark Sea to all of us kids. My favorite character… now that’s about impossible. I’ve said Janner (I can relate to him on more than one subject), then Kalmar, then maybe Podo, or Sarah Cobler, but really, I just love them all.

“You’re heavier than you look.”
        “It’s all brains and muscle.”

RAE
        @rae
          • Total Posts: 3013

Hi! I’m RAE or you can call me Ru or Ruee

I’m a blue-eyed girl who’s insane about horses, passionate about writing, loves her God, plays the piano, dabbles in poetry and machine embroidery, and reaches for the sky…But hasn’t reached it yet. I’m a homeschooler with a big imagination at the age of fourteen. Good to meet you. **Hand shake**

Questions…

How often do you write?

How many books/stories/poems/anything-I’m-missing are you currently writing/planning?

Do you already love KP?

And the weird in-outer-space-questions:

Have you ever had the same foot stepped on six times by six different horses?

Do you like Garlic and Herb Goat soft cheese?

Note: Love the Cover Image! Those two are hilarious. Did you know that John Rhys Davies was the one who added in the line “Don’t tell the elf” in The Two Towers, that wasn’t even in the script!

Esther
          @esther-c
            • Total Posts: 3213

@spinner4him

My favorite character to write… do you mean characters that I’ve created and am writing?

Yep! Any character of your own creation!

I love homeschooling because I have more time to invest my energy in doing things I like to do and learning about things I enjoy.

Yeah, awesome! I would agree. 😉

As for cake or ice cream, ice cream would come first any day (even in winter). Cake is all right, especially when it’s moist and has good frosting, but it just doesn’t compare to ice cream. What about you?

Oh yeah, I’d probably choose ice cream most of the time. Or ice cream cake. XD

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Brianne
            @spinner4him

@rae

Hello!

I try to write every day, but that rarely happens… so I’d say five or six times a week, but at the beginning of June I stopped writing and didn’t start again until like a week ago.

I currently have one WIP that I’m sticking with, but every night in bed I think up more (they’re just not good enough to write anything about).

I like it here a lot, but I don’t know enough about it to necessarily love it yet.

I have not been around horses enough to have my foot stepped on even once XD so definitely not six different times by six different horses. Has that happened to you???

I love cheese, but I’ve never heard of that brand.

John Rhys Davies was Gimli right? No, I didn’t know that! That’s cool!

Brianne
              @spinner4him

@esther-c

My favorite character to write is probably one of the main characters in my current WIP, whose name is Obsidian Gray. He’s pretty easy to write, but hasn’t been a point-of-view character yet, so I don’t know for sure.

What’s your current WIP about? If you’re posting things about it on here, would you tag me?

RAE
                @rae

@spinner4him

Actually, yes. I have been stepped on before six times, by six different horse on the same foot. I work at a stable that has 39 +/- horses, so it’s bound to happen.

It’s not a brand, it’s type of cheese and my personal favorite, try it sometimes It’s really good with celery or rice cakes.

Glad to here you like kp, hope to see you here often!

Brianne
                  @spinner4him

@hybridlore @acancello @smiley @thearcaneaxiom @kyronthearcanin @esther-c @rae

Hi y’all, I have a couple of questions, and as it seems that you have all been here for longer than I, I’m hoping that you can answer them.

#1: What are ranks? I’ve seen different ones under everybody’s profile, and I was just wondering what they are.

#2: Where would I post if I were talking about my WIP?

(And there are bound to be more, but I can’t think of them right now)

Thanks!

Cloaked Mystery
                    @jonas
                      • Total Posts: 2624

@spinner4him

1. ranks are awarded based on how many posts you have made. Certain mile markers give you a new rank. For example, you’ll go from ‘bumbling henchman’ to ‘charismatic rebel’ at around 20.

2. You can make a thread about it under either the ‘critiques’ or ‘general writing discussions’ sections.

🏰 Fantasy Writer
                      ✨ Magic System Creator
                      🎭 Character RPer
                      📚 Appreciator of Books

Ava Murbarger (Solfyre)
                      @kyronthearcanin
                        • Total Posts: 697

@spinner4him

Yep, @jonas got it! XD

You can make anything by writing - C. S. Lewis

Brianne
                        @spinner4him

Alright, thanks!

Allison
                          @acancello
                            • Total Posts: 838

@spinner4him

@jonas
                            got it, but if you have any more, let me know! 🙂

RAE
                            @rae

@sinner4him

Ranks, they are based on posts. oh, wait, you’ve already been told that, never mind.

You can click directly on the Community tab and it comes up with a whole bunch of stuff, select the thing that best fits your book and create a new topic.

Esther
                              @esther-c
                                • Total Posts: 3213

@spinner4him

My favorite character to write is probably one of the main characters in my current WIP, whose name is Obsidian Gray. He’s pretty easy to write, but hasn’t been a point-of-view character yet, so I don’t know for sure.

Ok awesome!!

What’s your current WIP about? If you’re posting things about it on here, would you tag me?

So, it’s a trilogy called the Endoxos Trilogy. The first book is in the middle of the third draft and the second book is only part of a first draft so far. Here’s a pretty general summary:

They’ve been trapped inside The Orb for twenty years. It covered all of Aletheia. But it slowly closes in on the nation. The people stuck inside have no way to communicate to those outside. Families are separated. But the people have gotten used to The Orb. Until it is down to one district… only a few cities… Amidala Nadir is content with staying with her family in their corner of the district, but Everton Barlowe is determined to destroy the man who first placed The Orb over Aletheia. He joins a rebel group that is planning a coup on Bayron Len, the man who instituted the Orb. When the coup is performed successfully, a celebration is held throughout the city. But The Orb didn’t just disappear. Amidala was the only one who heard Len’s last words… and the truth is hidden in his riddle. Amidala and Everton understand enough of his puzzling statement that they know they have to take Len’s place. Len was holding back a much greater evil from corrupting their nation than they ever would have guessed. Will they be able to fulfill his role? Can they work together to push back the evil? They know what they must do, but it could cost their lives. Will they succeed? Or will the darkness subdue them all?

Obviously the books are much more detailed than that. 😉 I really have to work on getting a blurb for the individual books though. XD

And if I share anything about it I’ll be sure to tag you!

#2: Where would I post if I were talking about my WIP?

You can either 1) make a new topic like the others have suggested or 2) find a general topic about characters, plot, worldbuilding, etc., if you want to just share a little something. There’s plenty of those types of topics if you look under the General Writing Discussions.

Oh and by the way, I love your profile picture! I love Janner and Kalmar’s brother dynamic so much!! 🥰

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Brianne
                                @spinner4him

@esther-c

Wow! That sounds SUPER interesting!!!! Yes, please tag me!

Yeah, Andrew Peterson really writes the siblings well. Especially the brothers. Is your profile picture from the Wingfeather books as well?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >