-
Power replied to the topic Fanart (or, as my phone tried to correct it to, "Canary") in the forum Art 5 years, 1 month ago
The one before this one. (I cleaned it up and didn’t save the original copy.)

-
Power replied to the topic Fanart (or, as my phone tried to correct it to, "Canary") in the forum Art 5 years, 1 month ago
Fan art, FUN!!!
This is a human version of Weezer, from the Green Embers series, that I drew then put through a face changing app.

-
Power replied to the topic Hey guys! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 1 month ago
Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Goedendag, and Anyoung haseyo! (And yes I did just look those up 😉) Glad to make my acquaintance… errr your acquaintance 🤔. I’m new here and don’t know much about scratchen with the old quill pen, so if you need sage advice I recommend conversing with one of the more learned individuals! By the way, did I introduce…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic What are the 2 (or 3) biggest stakes in your story? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 1 month ago
Good topic. I like yours. You have some good sounding tense stakes.
Stakes you say? So the current book I’m working on is bk three in a series.
Book one, my character’s decisions revolved around loosing friends and finding family, or fighting for friends and postponing the search for family. Pretty basic.
Book two, the mc’s…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 5 years, 1 month ago
That’s really nice of the girl. I’m expecting a laptop in November, and it is exiting 😀 I have done a few rough digital sketches, but after getting hallway through, I realized its hard to do digital art with an art pad hooked up to my family’s early 2000’s model pc system. So Imma stick to traditional until I get an ipad or Laptop.
My…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Some of my art 🙂 in the forum Art 5 years, 1 month ago
These are so prreeetttyyyy
I haven’t seen an art style like yours in a while. I love the sharp lines.
You said you do colored pencil? Do you use any other types of art, eh, uTiLitiES(Idk what they’re called)? Have you ever tried digital art before?
I love to paint, and I do love me some watercolor, but I’m never bold enough to try…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Hey guys! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 1 month ago
Lol. I don’t think that’s too embarrassing. When I was like, nine, I “saved” a bird by chasing it across the street, into my neighbor’s yard, through a fence, and into tomato bushes, finally capturing it and returning that little baby ROBIN to a MORNING DOVE’S nest. It didn’t thank me.
I will watch Haikyu a shot, when my schedule is…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Hey guys! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 1 month ago
Hullo! Welcome!
You like birds? This is great. Have you ever saved a bird? But also,
ANIME. So I’m not a weeb or anything, but I do love certain anime. I have heard of Haikyuu!! and would watch it but rn I’m in the middle of a few other animes, Just wanted to ask(i know you haven’t seen a lot of anime) but have you heard of Violet…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic reunite/first kiss in the forum General Writing Discussions 5 years, 1 month ago
This was interesting. I loved it. Well written, I had a good idea of the scene and the atmosphere, and even while knowing not much abt your characters, I had a good idea of their personalities. One thing that I think would be helpful here would be (like scoutfinch suggested) a dip into emotion regarding Kaunon. Maybe show a bit more of…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Good morning, afternoon, or evening in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 1 month ago
Greetings and salutations, I am Power or The Black Mongoose for short! I’m me, but since you don’t know who me is I’ll give a short description of him. Five foot, nine inches, and some fraction or other. Great planner, but not so great doer of plans planned. Enjoyer of old and odd weaponry. Oh, and I like Geometry! But now I needs fly from the…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Have you ever pantsed a novel? in the forum Plotting 5 years, 1 month ago
Okay, so I was originally gonna say I pants things, but then as I thought abt it, I realized that I legit plan nearly everything in my life. As I’m falling asleep at night, I usually dream abt two things. One, fiction, and two, the upcoming day and the events in it.
I find myself sympathizing with seekjustice and morgan on this…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic The Art of Deception BOOK TRAILER!!! in the forum Publishing & Platform 5 years, 1 month ago
-
Anatra replied to the topic Writing a conflicted character while getting readers to root for her? in the forum Characters 5 years, 1 month ago
Absolutely. You’re welcome! Glad I could be helpful.
-
Anatra replied to the topic Writing a conflicted character while getting readers to root for her? in the forum Characters 5 years, 1 month ago
So what I’m catching here is that you want readers to sympathize with this Keziah. She’s a good person at heart, but is conflicted with the anger and grief that Paul has caused her. If this is what you’re going for, maybe try adding a clip of her, say, helping the needy(I understand there were quite a few of these back in Paul’s…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Have you ever fallen out of love with writing? in the forum Topic of the Week 5 years, 2 months ago
This is a good question. So I find that I fall out of writing or lose my love for it when my life seems to be going well. Or, I should say, when my emotions are in check. My love for writing has come to depend on my emotions, and the emotions of my family. I was in a dark place two years ago, and so was my family. We were all…[Read more]
-
Anatra replied to the topic Hello there! in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 2 months ago
Hullo and welcome!
You like to draw? Cool. I love to paint, but sketching kind of intimidates me. What kinds of things do you draw? And if I may ask, where’d you get the idea for your ping name?
-
Anatra replied to the topic Good morning, afternoon, or evening in the forum Start HERE 5 years, 2 months ago
Hullo!
I am also quite a fan of fantasy and medieval books. Have you ever read the Ranger’s Apprentice by John Flanagan by chance? It’s defiantly top tier and fits the book description you were addressing.
Happy you’re here!
-
Anatra and
Issabelle Perry are now friends 5 years, 2 months ago -
Anatra replied to the topic Christian Dystopian novel– easy read in the forum Novel Critique Requests 5 years, 2 months ago
-
Anatra replied to the topic What are the 1st three things your MC says? in the forum Characters 5 years, 2 months ago
@nova21 I like this idea.
My MC ain’t the most exiting character, but here are her first out of context lines.
“Isn’t there a meet today?”
*action of eye rolling* “you’re a terrible liar.”
“No, please. You know I don’t like those.”
Lol it sounds so strange out of context considering her character in the book.
Omgoodness…[Read more]
- Load More
