Some of my art :)

Home Page Forums Other Art Forms Art Some of my art :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    calidris
    @calidris
      • Total Posts: 109

*laughs as one fey*

calidris
      @calidris

*laughs as one fey*

calidris
        @calidris

Most of my art is based on my current project, but I very occasionally do fanart as well 🙂

*laughs as one fey*

Elfwing
          @elfwing
            • Total Posts: 486

@calidris very good! you’re very good at people! I am terrible and people and can’t use color in my art or I ruin it XD I guess what I mean is good job because it takes talent to put color in art!

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

calidris
            @calidris

@Elfwing aww thank you 💕

It took a lot of work and prayer to get to this point lol

*laughs as one fey*

Keilah H.
              @keilah-h
                • Total Posts: 3875

Wow! So cool! You’re really good at drawing.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Elizabeth
                @lewilliams
                  • Total Posts: 252

@calidris Wow, your art is so neat!!!! I love the way you use colors–everything is so vibrant, and I’m a big fan of that. 😀 How long have you been doing art?

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

calidris
                  @calidris

@keilah-h thank you!

This is completely unrelated, but do you like snakes?  You like reptiles, right?  I really like snakes but a lot of people don’t 🙁

@lewilliams
                    thank you!  I love color so much 🙂  i wouldn’t be able to soend a lot of time on a graphite drawing

I’ve drawn since I was little, but I didnt start taking seriously until my sophomore year in high school 🙂

Do you do art?

*laughs as one fey*

Kathleen
                    @kathleenramm
                      • Total Posts: 635

@calidris

My jaw literally dropped when the image loaded on my screen.

The character design is so unique and the colors and blending is gorgeous. Everything from the eyes hair and clothing is perfect.

Do you use colored pencils or pastels?

calidris
                      @calidris

@kathleenramm aww thank you!  I can’t even begin to explain how much this means to me 💕

I use colored pencils.  I got a giant set of prismacolors for more than 50% off on blick last year, so that’s what I’ve been using 🙂  if anyone likes art here, then I highly recommend looking for sales on blick lol

I really like character design.  It’s really fun, especially because I can tie it in with my story projects 🙂

Do you do art?

*laughs as one fey*

Daisy Torres
                        @daisy-torres
                          • Total Posts: 691

Oh. My. Word. That first drawing literally stole my breath for a second!! That’s fantasticc!!! I loooove how vibrant everything is!! (And yusss prismacolors are great. I usually stick with plain ol’ black-and-white, but I’ve used them a few times and loved them! And I’ll have to check out Blick!! I’ve never heard of it before!)

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Kathleen
                          @kathleenramm
                            • Total Posts: 635

@calidris

I 100% mean what I said! Your art is amazing!

Yeah, I do art too! Last year I challenged myself to draw a sketch a day for a year, so my art improved a lot last year. However this year has been it bit harder to draw since I’m trying to get my drivers license, acting in plays, plus trying to improve my YouTubing skills, oh and of course writing. So yeah, I may have gone a bit over bored (again) on all the hobbies I’m pursuing haha.

How long have you been practicing drawing?

Anatra
                            @anatra23
                              • Total Posts: 211

@calidris

These are so prreeetttyyyy

I haven’t seen an art style like yours in a while. I love the sharp lines.

You said you do colored pencil? Do you use any other types of art, eh, uTiLitiES(Idk what they’re called)? Have you ever tried digital art before?

I love to paint, and I do love me some watercolor, but I’m never bold enough to try and paint people. Maybe light sketches, a doodle for a book, but nothing like this.

calidris
                              @calidris

@kathleenramm I’ve drawn on and off since I was young, but I didn’t start taking it seriously until my sophomore year of high school.  I think I first started noticing major improvements last year, and my skill level really started to pick up this spring 🙂

You should get back into it when you find the time 🙂  i would love to see some of your work if you’re alright with it!  It’s totally fine if you’re not.  What do you like to draw?  What type of content do you make on youtube?

@anatra23
                                  aww thank you!  I don’t really know how to describe my style, but I think you summed up what I like about it best 🙂

I’m hoping to get into digital art really soon!  A girl in my school art club has offered to teach me how, but I need to wait for a laptop first.  It’s finally coming in this weekend, and I can’t wait!  Do you do digital art?  I did a lot of watercolors last fall, but school got in the way and I haven’t picked it up since.  I should try them out again!  Do you have a favorite type/brand of watercolors?  What subjects do you like to draw/paint?

@daisy-torres
                                thank you!  You guys are so encouraging 💕

What art supplies do you like to use?  Do you have any favorite subjects to draw?

*laughs as one fey*

Anatra
                                @anatra23
                                  • Total Posts: 211

@calidris

That’s really nice of the girl. I’m expecting a laptop in November, and it is exiting 😀 I have done a few rough digital sketches, but after getting hallway through, I realized its hard to do digital art with an art pad hooked up to my family’s early 2000’s model pc system. So Imma stick to traditional until I get an ipad or Laptop.

My favorite brand of like, all paint, would either be Master’s Touch, or Arteza. Arteza is pretty expensive tho, and harder to get for me, so I’ve reverted to Master’s Touch. Especially since Master’s Touch has other mediums that I like, like chalk and oil pastels, colored pencils, sketching pencils and sketchbooks.

So many things inspire my art. When I paint, it’s animals or landscapes. When I draw it’s whatever I feel like at the moment.

Have you drawn other things than people? What other things do you like drawing? (If you draw more than people, that is.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 131 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >