Hello there!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hello there!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Tristan S.
    @zatara
      • Total Posts: 15

Hi Everybody!

My name is Tristan (a.k.a Zatara), and I’d like to change the world.

I’m a college student and a lover of Movies, Storytelling, and Art in general. I love stories of all genres such as Sci-Fi, Horror, Fantasy, Thriller, Mystery, and I’m a sucker for Superhero stuff (I’m more of a DC guy myself). I aim to write good and cool stories that glorify God, whether it be novels, scripts, or short stories. I like Tolkien and Lewis, although I think Lord of the Rings is better than Narnia (But Magician’s Nephew was pretty good), and I’m evidently one of the few people who believe pineapple belongs on pizza haha.

I’m happy to be here, and look forward to meeting you all!

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 1379

@zatara

Hi, I’m Joy! Glad to meet you!

First thing I have to say is, if you love superhero stuff, read Ignite by our very own Jenna Terese. It is a crazy good read and all about superheroes!

I write Biblical fiction ’cause I feel there are so few Biblical fiction stories that are actually aligned with the Word, and I want to change that, so yeah. 🙂 I also love poetry, and I want to be a nonfiction Christian writer as well. I’d love to hear what your WIP is about, if you have an ongoing project!

I love C.S. Lewis, but have not yet read LoTR. The Hobbit is coming up on my TBR, though. My favorite book of all time, however, is Victor Hugo’s Les Misérables.

Can’t wait to get to know you better!

Mary G
        @maryg3
          • Total Posts: 90

Hey Tristan! Welcome to KP!

I think your mission is great!! I too aim to glorify God through my writings and produce wholesome stories that leave the reader wanting to aspire to be more, to do more, and live for more!

I am a big fan of Tolkien and CS Lewis too! And also Dickens. I agree…The Magicians Nephew is pretty Awesome!

Have you read The Giver?

I respect your choice of pizza toppings! Lol! I put stuff like olives, banana peppers, and Mushrooms on mine…Which some people think weird!

What are you currently working on?

Great having you here! See you around!

INFJ/ChristianFiction/ IceCreamAddict/ StarGazer/ https://lamplighterletters.wixsite.com/mysite-1

Tristan S.
          @zatara

Nice to meet you guys!

Ignite looks pretty cool, I’ll have to check it out.

The Giver was awesome! I enjoyed it a lot!

I personally like all toppings on pizza except anchovies haha.

My current project is something I’ve started working during the summer, and I’m attempting build a story that could be best described as a “scary Narnia”. Where the material world and “magical” world meet, but the magical world harbors horrific monsters, swamp-dwelling cults, and ruins of a collapsed empire where society is splintered into primitive tribes and kingdoms. This is what happens when I try to write a werewolf story haha.

What about you guys? What are your current projects?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Tristan S..
            Tristan S.
            @zatara

@maryg3

@joy-caroline

Forgot to tag you guys lol.

Elfwing
              @elfwing
                • Total Posts: 486

@zatara

Welcome and double high five, because I’m a pineapple on pizza person too!

I also like LoTR way better than Narnia, but Voyage of the Dawn Treader I enjoy now and again (mainly because Eustace is just a really great character, and the Duffepuds are totally hopeless and funny. Especially when they’re coming up for a name for themselves)

Your scary Narnia story sounds… um, scary XD but whatever floats your boat!

hmmm, I was gonna ask a question, but I plum forgot it.

Welcome to KP! 🙂

I'm 'a homeschooler' because cookie-making writing artistic animal-whisperer isn't a job title

Anonymous

@zatara

Your WIP sounds so cool and unique! I would read it.

My current project is a Biblical fiction novel about St. Paul’s sister. 🙂

Anonymous

Also, @maryg3, I LOVE your new profile picture. Did you draw it yourself?

Mary G
                    @maryg3

@zatara

Whoa!! Your “Scary Narnia” story sounds really intriguing!! And Scary! And Original!

One of my many WIP’s is called The First Tomorrow. 

It’s about a dystopian city where there is no night, no dreams, no homes, no nuclear families, no crime, no love. It’s supposed to be an ideal city/society and its people were all Chosen from our world, (which still exists but it is in ruin and left to fend for itself with no governments.) My protagonist’s name is Julian. In the ideal city, he is 16, (which is regarded as adulthood) but he is actually 20. At 16 he starts his training for his permanent position as an Arbitrator, which has surprising requirements. I’m still working on my plot and names for places and positions. So far it’s all in my head and nothing down on paper yet…that is typical for me! hehe!

Do you have any hobbies, (besides writing of course!) 🙂

INFJ/ChristianFiction/ IceCreamAddict/ StarGazer/ https://lamplighterletters.wixsite.com/mysite-1

Mary G
                      @maryg3

@joy-caroline

Ur..umm..no..I didn’t draw it!!😂  But I like that style and want to draw stuff like it! Hehe!
                        I got that off of Pinterest. I think it’s a drawing of Belle, (Emma Watson) from the new Beauty and the Beast, which I haven’t seen. I just used it cuz I thought it would be ‘different’ and looked somewhat like me.😁

Tristan S.
                        @zatara

@joy-caroline

Your WIP sounds interesting! I’m sure it’ll be awesome! What sparked the idea?

@maryg3

I love the Title! And your story idea sounds really cool! I’m a bit of a sucker for dystopias and sci-fi. And I’m the same way, my story is still in the incubation stage in my head (not much written down yet).

My hobbies mainly consist of watching movies (that counts right?), drawing, reading, collecting props, and slicing up bottles with swords with my brother…It’s sounds a lot stranger typing it, but its fun lol. I also enjoy playing video games with my brothers.

What about you guys? Any hobbies?

Anatra
                          @anatra23
                            • Total Posts: 211

@zatara

Hullo and welcome!

You like to draw? Cool. I love to paint, but sketching kind of intimidates me. What kinds of things do you draw? In what styles? And if I may ask, where’d you get the idea for your ping name?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Anatra.
                            Anonymous

@maryg3

I totally thought that profile pic WAS you. XDD But now I see the Emma Watson, lol.

Cool! If you ever do artwork like that, draw one of me too. XD

Anonymous

@zatara

Thank you! Basically, I was intrigued by the one mention of St. Paul’s sister in Acts 23:16, and I had so many questions of what she might have been like, what she thought of his conversion, if they had a good relationship, etc. One thing I knew for sure is that given his character, Paul would have loved her. I thought his love for his sister would be the best way to show others his love and the love of his God. Thus The Apostle’s Sister was born!

Mary G
                                @maryg3

@zatara

THANKS!

Yes! Movie watching is a hobby!;) I specialize in mystery and suspense! Lol! I do a lot of watercoloring and sketching. And anything DIY! I also love floristry and propagating plants.

@joy-caroline

Lol!! Yeah, that would be fun! once I get some practice with that style I’ll let you know and I can do it! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >