Hey guys!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey guys!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    calidris
    @calidris
      • Total Posts: 109

@Elfwing @akbaer have either of you read the Silmarillion?  If so, whose your favorite Vala?

*laughs as one fey*

Anatra
      @anatra23
        • Total Posts: 211

@calidris

Hullo! Welcome!

You like birds? This is great. Have you ever saved a bird? But also,

ANIME. So I’m not a weeb or anything, but I do love certain anime. I have heard of Haikyuu!! and would watch it but rn I’m in the middle of a few other animes, Just wanted to ask(i know you haven’t seen a lot of anime) but have you heard of Violet Evergarden? Best anime I’ve ever seen 10/10, made me cry. It is a light novel, so I also count it as a book, and I am itching to get my hands on it.

(Linyang Zhang I had no idea you like anime as well. Thank you for this information, I am not alone.)

Your WIP sounds really cool! Very dramatic, and I’m exited to hear more about it in the future. Also, “*laughs as one fey*” I like this.

Elizabeth
        @lewilliams
          • Total Posts: 252

@calidris Hello and welcome to the forum! I’m Elizabeth, and it’s so very nice to meet you! Would you care for a cup of virtual tea? I would recommend the Wild Berry Zinger if that strikes your fancy. 😛

Ah yes, a fellow Tolkienite! I love Tolkien so very much (as most people who have spent any amount of time talking to me knows). I’m currently in the midst of watching the Extended Editions with my husband (who has never seen them), so that’s been fun. My apologies if you’ve answered this already, but do you have a favorite character?

Birdwatching sounds so neat! How did you get into it?

Anyway, it’s so nice to meet you! I hope you enjoy your time in the lovely Kingdom of Pen! 😀

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

calidris
          @calidris

@anatra23 so this is kind of embarassing, but we “saved” a dove back when i didn’t know much about birds.  We kept in a box and fed it, and we took it to a vet and it turned out to be a fledgling.  It wasn’t actually hurt, it was just still learning how to fly lol

I’ve heard of violet evergarden, but i don’t know that much about it except that it got super popular.  I highly recommend haikyu 🙂 it starts off kind of slow, but it really picks up.  I’m not into sports at all, and even I like it, so that tells you something 🙂

Hehe, have you read the Silmarillion?  My tag is a reference, and I was waiting to see if someone would get it 🙂

*laughs as one fey*

calidris
            @calidris

@lewilliams the extended editions where my first introduction to the movies lol.  Does your husband like them so far?  As far as favorite characters go, I really like Gandalf.  He’s just a really fun and interesting character.  Have you ever read the Silmarillion?  It puts a lot of petspective on lotr, especially on gandalf, elrond, and galadriel.  I have to admit, as far as favorite tolkien characters go, Fëanor is in the top 5, even though he’s awful lol.  Who’s your favorite character?

My sister got into birdwatching first, and then I got into it as well.  It was a huge answer of prayer, since my sister had prayed for an activity to do as a family.  I also have a friend who likes birdwatching, so O think she put it on my radar as well 🙂

*laughs as one fey*

AKBaer
              @akbaer
                • Total Posts: 35

@calidris

Oh. 🙁 Jk Haha

that’s fine. I like him because, well, I can do an amazing impression of Sméagol. Why does he irritate you? lol.

AKBaer
                @akbaer

Also I changed the profile pic because I found a better one :). And I didn’t want to freak people out XD

AKBaer
                  @akbaer

@calidris

No, I have not read the Silmarillion, but I have heard great things about it and probably will someday 🙂 (My reading list is very full) 🙂

calidris
                    @calidris

@akbaer ok but that’s seriously impressive lol.  I would want to do a smeagol impression but i share a room and i don’t want my family to hear it lol.  Idk his voice is irritating, the way he talks is irritating, also he’s really nasty.  Don’t get me wrong, he’s a fantastic character, and Andy serkis did a great job with the voice lol.  I thought he was annoying even before i watched the movie.  I think that part of it was that i knew that he was untrustworthy, but frodo was kind of forced to trust him.  I think that he’s one of the best villains ever because I have a very strong emotional reaction to him lol

*laughs as one fey*

calidris
                      @calidris

@akbaer I thought your profile picture was funny, but i can see why you would want a different one lol

You should absolutely read it!  It reads like an old mythology or history book, so be warned, but in some aspects i like it better than lotr.  The characters are very flawes, which i really appreciate.  Its also where my tag comes from 🙂

*laughs as one fey*

Linyang Zhang
                        @devastate-lasting
                          • Total Posts: 1700

@kathleenramm YO ERASED I have all the manga it’s the first manga I bought it’s so good it just brings tears to my eyes—

@calidris
                          Oo, a mining museum! That sounds pretty cool.

Hmm okay. Then I’ll give you a variety of genres. Your lie in April is a really beautiful anime about music. I really enjoyed A Silent Voice manga as well, and the anime was quite good too. Tanaka-kun is Always Listless was good, and I really loved the manga for Silver Spoon. Hopefully this will be enough to get you start, ha..

Yess I’ve watched pretty much all of Nolan’s movies last year and currently he’s my favorite western movie producer. I preferred Tron: Legacy over the original Tron movie, actually. Haven’t seen any of the spin-off tv series.

Misu sounds fun! He sounds like someone I’d like to be friends with.

Lately, it's been on my brain
                          Would you mind letting me know
                          If hours don't turn into days

AKBaer
                          @akbaer

@calidris

I quite like your assessment of him. (He is kind of nasty but that is what makes me laugh) I also like how he has a clear good side, but his bad side wins in the end 🙁 I also kind of started liking him when I put Sméagol on my plastic cup at a party and everyone gave me weird looks. XD Who is your favorite villain of all time??

AKBaer
                            @akbaer

@calidris

I LOVE LOVE LOVE history so I probably will read it soon!

calidris
                              @calidris

@devastate-lasting tbh i would be friends with misu too.  A lot of characters get really irritated with him, though 🙁.  I think its because he has a lot of adhd tendencies, but also he’s just kind of odd ngl

Thanks for the recs!  I’ll have to look into them 🙂

@akbaer
                                he’s definitely a very interesting character.  Honestly, I think that Sauron is my favorite villain.  You dont see him that much in lotr, but he’s very, very active in the silmarillion.  I think he’s interesting because he’s just so smart.  He thinks of some incredibly evil things, but he’s incredibly clever and patient, which I think are honestly admirable traits.  Too bad he couldn’t put them to good use…

Also feanor and his sons.  They start out as heroes, but end up committing a lot of evil acts in a misguided quest.  They’re all very interesting, but I think that Maedhros had the most interesting (and tragic) character arc.

Honestly, that’s a great way to start out liking a character lol.  Do you have a lot of smeagol merch?  It’s great when you’re in a more popular fandom so there’s more available 🙂

*laughs as one fey*

AKBaer
                                @akbaer

@calidris

I do not but i should definitely get some!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 106 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >