-
Power replied to the topic Calling all storytellers… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Oh, something that might be interested is that I like to climb things, but am scared of heights, and I like exploring caves and other tight places, but can easily get claustrophobic, in which case I WANT OUT RIGHT NOW!
-
Power replied to the topic Calling all storytellers… in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Well. . . let’s see 🤔. Do I have any good stories? There was that time at church (I was maybe 10-12) when I was helping the teacher (my mom) with a lesson. The theme for that quarter was like wild west, and we had WANTED posters for “people” (Rebellion, Laziness, Hate, Ect.) I was supposed to play the part of the outlaw Rebellion. I was…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Writer's Corner #505 in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Pirate talk,
Ahoy there! Ye lilly livered, scurvy ridden, bilge rats! Ye landlubbers will address me as Cappan! an If ye think ye rapscallions to be to high and mighty to address me as such, well, me and by bucko will give you a checkered shirt with a dirty cat o’ nine tails, then lock ye up in the brigg fer a week, after which, if we feels like…[Read more] -
Anatra replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Thank you 🙂
Ah, yes. A skill our younger selves painfully possess. XD
Oh, those are so good! What great characters.
-
Power replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
So @karissa-chmil I don’t know if this qualifies as very short bits of our books, but here are some excerpts from a conversation between Braxton Redoak and Destiny . . . (I don’t have a last name for her.) They are both foxes.
(Spoken by Braxton)
“You have it wrong. Not ‘join our cause’. It’s no longer ours. It’s only yours.” He lifted up before…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Welcome jasmine-godby!!! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 7 months ago
Hi! I wasn’t even here when you first appeared so I didn’t get to
drive the newbie crazywelcome you to KP! So, I suppose I will welcome you back for reappearing. Welcome back! And to celebrate the occasion, here *Holds out sword 🗡️* let’s have a duel! If you don’t know how to use a sword, well. . . all the better for me! (I’ll…[Read more] -
Anatra replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
ty for the reminder!
Oh, I like these a lot. The personality really stands out.
These are quotes from a younger character of mine. But I wrote his character quite a while ago.
“Mr. Jeremy Sir, you must come with us.”
“Oh yea, the Ma’am said that unless you got back soon, the city would pare. Ooh, is that an owl? What’s his name?…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 7 months ago
I hope that wasn’t confusing.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 7 months ago
By a strong church I mean one where God can move unhindered, the people are unified as the body of Christ, and the pastor preaches the Word and the congregation backs him.
We do actively worship if that’s what you mean. We dance before the LORD in praise, but nothing such as Jewish ring dancing or stuff like that.
My favorite…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm giving you permission to rant about your WIP in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
Ah yes, Wentworth’s letter. That scene (besides Louisa’s fall) is probably one of my favorite in the book. And I usually don’t enjoy romance books…
-
Power replied to the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
@godlyfantasy12
A good thesaurus comes in very handy. 😉 -
Koshka replied to the topic This is Koshka, and these are her books in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 7 months ago
Hmm, well, those activity things didn’t worked for me, so I tagged you here. (Sharing images on here is troublesome for me too)
Ooo, I can’t wait to see it!
Here’s a link to my email;If this works.
-
Anatra replied to the topic My Website is Up and Functional! in the forum Publishing & Platform 4 years, 7 months ago
Congratulations!! I shall check it out for sure.
-
Power's profile was updated 4 years, 7 months ago
-
Power replied to the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
What I meant by “lost over an entire line” is that in stanza 1 you have 11 lines, in stanza 2 you have 12 lines, and in stanza 3 you have 11 lines, but in stanza 4 you only have 9-10 lines (It appears that I may have made a mistake on line 41. It might need to be split between “here” and “since”.) If you look at the syllable count…[Read more]
-
Power replied to the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
And please acquit me for being impulsively apologistic. 😳😋
-
Power replied to the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
And please forgive the terrible grammar. 🙄 I’m rereading through my post and . . . 😬
-
Power replied to the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
Here’s the poem in stanzaic form.
(Line number)
1 O’ Ring the bell! Call out the clowns! 8 (Syllables in Line/Beats) A (Rhyme Scheme)
Tis time to fly on wings of doubt, 8 A
And float upon the breeze of bliss, 8 B
forgetting all the things you’ll miss. 8 B
5 Don’t fear the things that lie ahead, 8 C
the dangers, darkness, fear and…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga in the forum Book Discussions 4 years, 7 months ago
I suppose Natalia is sort of that entire known world, but for some reason it seemed to me more like a kingdom in a wild, unknown land.
I wonder if there’s a thing on here for Antagonist development. Or maybe we should start a new one.
Uniqueness… That may turn out to be a struggle, especially as I’m not entirely…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Poem For My Book Draft! in the forum Poetry Critiques 4 years, 7 months ago
Ooo, I like that last bit.
I can’t exactly see the rhyme and meter as the stanzas are written together in paragraph form, but what I could I enjoyed. Would you mind reposting it in verses (If it was written as such)?
- Load More
