Characteristic Lines

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing General Writing Discussions Characteristic Lines

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Keilah H.
    @keilah-h
      • Total Posts: 3875

@elishavet-pidyon What do you mean by “internal fanfiction?”

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Elishavet Pidyon
      @elishavet-pidyon
        • Total Posts: 1013

@keilah-h

I mean when one makes up a scenario using characters from a book in one’s head. It could be as simple as a character sketch, or as complicated as a serial novela. For example, say I made up a story about Oskar coming across a book that lead into another world, say middle-earth, but I never wrote it (maybe I never even told it to someone, although unless it was too crazy I might tell my  twin sister.).

Basically fanfiction that never makes it onto paper. Especially if it is never told at all.

And that was more than was needed, and I hope I didn’t make it more confusing. 😐 I don’t know if it’s an official name for anything, I just made it up on the spot. 🙂

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

Keilah H.
        @keilah-h
          • Total Posts: 3875

@elishavet-pidyon Oh okay. I get it, I’ve done many of those myself.

Where'd I get ya this time? The liver? The kidney? I'm runnin' outta places to put holes in ya.

Lydia S.
          @lydia-s
            • Total Posts: 399

@elishavet-pidyon

So, I’m not the only one who does that!!! XD I very rarely read the ending of a book at the end of the book… Usually I spoil it for myself somewhere during the first chapter or maybe even before starting the first chapter… *facepalm* Honestly, I blame it on my writing style. I always know how my stories end and begin, so I guess I take that principle to the books I didn’t write. 😛

Haha, no kidding! 😂

Ah, I see. Yeah, that would make it harder… He really was a great character… *sniff*

lol So true, girl… So true… The authors really are better off not knowing what additional trials we put their characters through. XD

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12
              • Total Posts: 6645

Can we get this up and running again with brand new lines from characters? I still don’t really have many….but maybe we can expand this to be lines of not just dialogue but just very short bits of our books?

@kathleenramm
              @koshka @keilah-h@elanor @jodi-maile @scripter-of-kingdoms @morgan @elishavet-pidyon @annabelle @avacoulter @faith-q@power @devastate-lasting @not-so-secret-secret-assassin @joy-caroline @mkfairygirl @abigail-m@autumn-rebecca  @e-k-seaver @daisy-torres @gracie-j @libby @kayleigh-idea @r-m-archer @maryg3 @scoutfinch180 @writerlexi1216 @anatra23 @issawriter17 @elfwing @lydia-s @anyone I’ve forgotten

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

Karissa Chmil
              @karissa-chmil
                • Total Posts: 96

Ooh, this sounds awesome! <3

I’ll be going with Scarlet for this one, I think.

1. “Just because you left me to die doesn’t mean I did. Hate to break it to you, but not everything revolves around you.”

2. “What if I don’t want to be alone. . . or being with people? What if I’m terrified of being surrounded by people but just as terrified when they leave?”

3. “I’m not sure who I am anymore. All I know is that it’s not who Robin wants me to be.”

I love all of the other lines – these characters sound awesome!

wonder | beauty | truth | love

Morgan
                @morgan
                  • Total Posts: 51

I guess since I did Jem last time, I’ll do his sister Jewel this time.

“Ouch!” she cried, “what did I hit?”

Jewel rolled her eyes and muttered something about it still being snooping as he opened the bag and pulled out a metal box.

“Now that is definitely snooping,” said Jewel, “what if someone comes in and asks us what we are doing?”

“How am I supposed to get down there without getting caught?” she replied.

And here’s some lines from Wisdom the other triplet:

“And rather boring,” added Wisdom.

“Are you sure you read that correctly?” said a surprised Wisdom

“Let me read it,” said Wisdom.

“Unfortunately, yes,” said Wisdom.

And lastly, here’s Serah the youngest sibling:

“Pride is never a good thing,” reminded Serah.

“Not except that it is special for some reason,” said Serah.

“How could it not be fake though?” said Serah.

Hopefully those make absolutely no sense. ;P

Some people fail; others learn what not to try.

Anatra
                  @anatra23
                    • Total Posts: 211

ty for the reminder!

@karissa-chmil

Oh, I like these a lot. The personality really stands out.

These are quotes from a younger character of mine. But I wrote his character quite a while ago.

“Mr. Jeremy Sir, you must come with us.”

“Oh yea, the Ma’am said that unless you got back soon, the city would pare. Ooh, is that an owl? What’s his name? why is he on your shoulder? Does that hurt? Does he bite your enemies? Can he swim? I’ve always wondered if birds like that could to the strokes or not.”

“Oh, umm, she’s sick. Yea she can’t fight and she’s arguing a lot with big men.” He responded, indifferently. “Hey, you’re the nurse lady, right? Hey, you saved a lot of people’s lives. Maybe you can fix Cassandra.” He offered. Then he reached down on his lap and put the cloth back in his mouth.

Oof reading over those I’m cringing so hard. Ugh.

Second equally as mortifying to me as a character:

“Anytime, my good sir.”

“I know what a baby is,”

“What did I just say? Of course, this frothy cheesy barf is food! It’s the most sophisticated form of eating, thank you very much.”

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Anatra.
                    Karissa Chmil
                    @karissa-chmil

@anatra23 That first character sounds very interesting. XD

Elishavet Pidyon
                      @elishavet-pidyon
                        • Total Posts: 1013

@godlyfantasy12

Yes!! That would be fun.

@karissa-chmil

Those are some very interesting lines. Scarlet sounds like quite the character.

@anatra23

Those lines are hilarious. They capture a child’s active mind so we’ll.

And please, cringy is understood. I can’t make myself read the entire three chapters from my first novel idea… And they’re not actually all that long. They just happen to have developed a fine talent for setting my teeth on edge.

@morgan

They do make sense, but probably not the way they do in the book.  😉

You have listened to fears, child. Come, let me breathe on you... Are you brave again? -Aslan

GodlyFantasy12
                        @godlyfantasy12
                          • Total Posts: 6645

SO Because I don’t have many scenes written…I don’t have many lines of dialogue to share…BUT I REALLY WANT TO SHARE SOME SO HERE I GO!

These are from Arabella- (These may make no sense…a lot of my dialogue is like one sentence phrases…)

The girl with ebony hair.

Ara’s throat stung.

“Who are you?”

Her grandfather nodded and handed her back the book. She looked from it to him and then back again. “I…I don’t understand.”

“Perhaps…we could stay a little longer?” She whispered, almost reverently, glancing at November, whose eyes were wide.

This is November- (I love him lol)

“Whoa! Easy!” The boy cried, holding out his hands. “I’m sorry, I-I didn’t mean to scare you, but you were shaking and I was like, “Oh hey, maybe I should wake her up, cause, ya know, shaking is never a good sign,” but then you kinda freaked-“

“-And then I was like, “Ehh, maybe that wasn’t the best idea, because some people say you shouldn’t wake up a person who is sleeping. Or is that someone who Is sleepwalking? Is there a difference?”

“I’m glad to see you…like this.”

“AHH!” November threw up his arms, sending the paper with the image of the girl flying.

XD idk how I feel about the first lines but…shrug

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                          #ProtectMarcel
                          #ProtectSeb

Karissa Chmil
                          @karissa-chmil

@elishavet-pidyon

Aw, thank you! <3

@godlyfantasy12

Ooh, November sounds awesome!

Power
                            @power
                              • Total Posts: 292

So @karissa-chmil I don’t know if this qualifies as very short bits of our books, but here are some excerpts from a conversation between Braxton Redoak and Destiny . . . (I don’t have a last name for her.) They are both foxes.

(Spoken by Braxton)

“You have it wrong. Not ‘join our cause’. It’s no longer ours. It’s only yours.” He lifted up before him the stub still wrapped in a white bandage. “I have been severed from the cause. As a crippling, I am just a heavy burden tied to the cause’s back. I am no longer truly a part of the body. Just a burden.” . . .

“Don’t leave.”

(Destiny) “I’m not!”

“Oh.”

There was a moment of silence then. (Destiny) “My cause. ‘My’ cause.” She suddenly let out a short and bitter laugh, and turned to face him fully. “This was not, and has never been, ‘my’ cause. If I had had my way, my siblings and I would all be safe in the West Mountains right now. If I had had my way, I would still have those two closest friends! If I had had my way!” Destiny was yelling “We would have never been kidnapped! If I had my way! WE! Would not be just . . . me.”

(After Destiny calms down a tad) (Destiny)

“I do not call you a cripple because only you can make that choice. Only you can give yourself that name. If you do try again, it will be hard, but let me ask you something, when was the soldier’s life ever easy?” She stared at him, the fire that had been burning in her green eyes was gone now, and had been replaced by weary and wet ashes. Destiny slowly turn her back on him and made her way towards the door. When she reached it she stopped. “There are decisions in your life that alter your journey forever. This is one of them.” She left.

And to lighten things up, here’s a excerpt from Land Ravine (a.k.a Landmar the Magician)

“I must write this down! You see, my memory is sort of like forging a sword!” Henson stared at the ferret confused. Landmar grinned up at him “I must strike when the iron is hot!”

You will love what you spend time with.

Karissa Chmil
                              @karissa-chmil

@power o.O That’s intense. But also awesome.

Anatra
                                @anatra23
                                  • Total Posts: 211

@karissa-chmil

Thank you 🙂

@elishavet-pidyon

Ah, yes. A skill our younger selves painfully possess. XD

@godlyfantasy12

Oh, those are so good! What great characters.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 147 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >