Welcome jasmine-godby!!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Welcome jasmine-godby!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Daisy Torres
    @daisy-torres
      • Total Posts: 691

@jasmine-godby Welcome to Kingdompen!!! *holds up german chocolate cake* I assume you like chocolate cake? Have a slice!

(It was going to be cookies, but they sorta burned….)

*clears throat* Allow me to introduce myself!! My name is Daisy Torres and I am 17. My published novel is an Alice in Wonderland retelling called Era of Shadows, and my WiP is a sci-fi (loose) retelling of the French revolution called The Art of Deception! I love making/listening to music, poetry, books of almost any genre, and I love art of pretty much any type (although at the moment painting is my favorite). I have a dog named Kola and love pretty much all dogs, but not if they’re small and yappy lolll.

Also I just found this amazing song artist (Christian. His music is very soft and soothing) called Jonathan Ogden if you’re interested XD

If you ever want a piece of character art, a book graphic, or a book cover, tell me! (I used to sell book covers professionally!)

Nice to have you!

(I’m just gonna tag some Royal Scribes to say hi~)

@gracie-j
      @writerlexi1216 @mkfairygirl @not-so-secret-assassin @devastate-lasting @nanisnook @ariel-f @godlyfantasy12 @joy-caroline

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Anonymous
        • Total Posts: 1379

@jasmine-godby

So glad to see you have become a KeePer! *hands you a slice of tiramisu as welcome*

Now I shall introduce myself:

I’m Joy Caroline, a 15-year-old writer of Biblical fiction (also have been experimenting with Christian fantasy lately and really like it so far!!) My two favorite books are Les Misérables by Victor Hugo and To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I also love Les Mis the musical wholeheartedly (which you’ll be able to tell by looking at my tagline if you’re familiar with the musical).

Since we’re on the subject, if you’re not familiar with it, let me introduce you to a gem. This is the song the quote in my tagline comes from. It alwaaays makes me sob without fail, so just a warning XD

May I ask what are your favorite books? And what is your WIP about?

It’s so great to have you!!

Lydia S.
        @lydia-s
          • Total Posts: 399

@jasmine-godby

Welcome to the forum!

Jasmine Godby
          @jasmine-godby
            • Total Posts: 11

*Emerges from the shadows*

Hello! I’m Jasmine.

*Eyes light up* *Gratefully accepts German Chocolate cake* Danke Shon! (Haha about the cookies)

Googles tiramisu *ooooooh yum! Thanks!*

Thank you all for the warm welcome! It’s so interesting to read your interests!

I’m 20, my favorite books are The Chronicles of Narnia and Little Women. My wip is a fantasy series about a Queen who has to save her kingdom from an evil dude (ok it’s not that vague haha). I will have to check those videos out, thanks for sharing! Joy, I read to Kill a Mockingbird in school and enjoyed it! And I haven’t read or watched les Misérables! (*Needs a shocked emoji of some description*) Daisy that’s amazing you have a published book! I read your dog’s name as Koala the first time round haha! I love dogs!

My other interests are Netball, craft/art and acting and I love nature and the ocean! (And I learnt German in school so it was exciting when you gave me German cake!)

@lydia-s
            @joy-caroline @daisy-torres (*isn’t sure if I’m tagging properly*)

Daisy Torres
            @daisy-torres

@jasmine-godby *spotlight flicks on you stepping out from the shadows*

Absolutely!! It’s exciting to have another KingdomPenner join!!

Yuussss fantastic books to love XD Question of the century about LW though. Who, in your opinion, should Jo have ended up with?

Okay I first read your WiP description as “About an evil queen who has to save her kingdom from an evil dude” and I honestly wanna see this happen now XD Also, that’s basically what Era of Shadows is too bahaha. Boiled down, it’s just a queen saving her kingdom from an evil dude. And of course about the videos!!

Aww, thanks!!! And yess same! Although today Kola chewed up a library book so I’m kind of freaking out right now because I’ve never ever had to return a damaged library book before aND I DON’T WANT THEM TO BAN ME T_T *deep inhale* Its okay. It’s all okay. ish. We’ll see.

Oh how cool!! I’ve never done anything acting-wise outside of one 10 minute skit, but I want to try some day XD I also love nature and the ocean!! I kind of want to become a marine biologist some day XD (Though I think I’m leaning more towards writer atm…)

(My family is German, so I got excited when you said ‘danke shon’ XD I speak very little of it, however. Despite the fact that I am absolutely not Chinese at all, I speak that the most besides English XD)

You tagged properly!! It took me a while to figure it out bahaha XD

It’s awesome having you join us!!

"It's easy to be caught up in stardust and whispers when reality is so dark and loud."

Anonymous

@jasmine-godby

Your tags are good! Like @daisy-torres, I had NO idea how to tag when I first came on. XD

Your WIP sounds so interesting! I’m starting to read more of the fantasy genre.

You absolutely have to read and watch Les Misérables. It is my all-time favorite book and musical, and although it takes you on a tragic journey, it is all so so worth it. Hope, light, and compassion always shine through, and at the end you’ll forever have in your heart a tale of redemption and beauty. Yeah, I really love it. XD

Hmm, I’ve never heard of Netball! Or had German cake. I really need to do that sometime, as I love desserts. XD

Lydia S.
                @lydia-s
                  • Total Posts: 399

@jasmine-godby

Welcome!!! (Ohhhh… Tiramisu… *dies inwardly*)

Yay, another Narnia fan!!! I’m a Narnia nerd, so it’s always exciting to meet another fan. And I love Little Women! Louisa May Alcott was an amazing writer.

Your WIP sounds awesome!!! I love fantasy.

Now, for the customary welcoming questions:

1. (*gasps* I SERIOUSLY GET TO ASK THE PINEAPPLE QUESTION AGAIN?!?!) *clears throat* Are you a pineapple pizza person?

2. What is your favorite mythical animal?

3. (This is my favorite question to ask) Who is your all-time favorite book character?

Once again, welcome! It’s so good to have you!

Jasmine Godby
                  @jasmine-godby

Hello! Whoops I didn’t mean to disappear for so long – I couldn’t find my password and life got hectic. But my password was saved on this device!! Horary!!

How is everyone??

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I’ll get back to your questions later, as I’m tired rn and just wanted to reappear aha. What forum questions or spaces/places should I check out first?

ok, that’s one question I just have to answer, @daisy-torres – LAURIE!!!! Though I can now understand why they didn’t, I’m still frustrated about it! Who do you think? I’m so excited that your family is German! What did you do about the library book?

@lydia-S
                    – I can’t eat store brought pizza anymore, but when I could I only ate the pizza that had pineapple on it! What about you? Umm unicorn, and maybe mermaid. Ummm oh Lucy Pevensie!!!

@joy-caroline – Thanks! I’ll have to! Read any good fantasy books since this comment? I’m wanting to read more of them so I’m looking for recommendations! Netball is an Australian sport (ok and some other countries like England and New Zealand and Jamaica play it – it’s just not big in the US).

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Jasmine Godby.
                    Karissa Chmil
                    @karissa-chmil
                      • Total Posts: 96

Hey there! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! *throws confetti*

I believe I’ve seen you around the Young Writer’s Workshop. . . would I be correct in think that?

wonder | beauty | truth | love

Autumn Rebecca
                      @autumn-rebecca
                        • Total Posts: 57

Welcome to the Kingdom Pen community, @jasmine-godby! It’s awesome to have you!

I specialize in babysitting, long-distance relationships/dating, large families, anxiety/fear, perfectionism, loving the hard-to-love, and traveling. So… If you have any questions regarding any of those topics (for a writing project or simply needing advice), feel free to reach out and ask! I will gladly help where I can. 😊

Words have the ability to touch the darkest souls... The receiver must simply allow them to.

Jasmine Godby
                        @jasmine-godby

@karissa-chiml – thank you! Absolutely you have! I’m on ydubs 😀

Thanks @autumn-rebecca! Oooh those are interesting topics. I’ll reach out if I have any questions 😀

Autumn Rebecca
                          @autumn-rebecca
                            • Total Posts: 57

@jasmine-godby

You’re very welcome! 🙂

Words have the ability to touch the darkest souls... The receiver must simply allow them to.

Power
                            @power
                              • Total Posts: 292

@jasmine-godby

Hi! I wasn’t even here when you first appeared so I didn’t get to drive the newbie crazy welcome you to KP! So, I suppose I will welcome you back for reappearing. Welcome back! And to celebrate the occasion, here *Holds out sword 🗡️* let’s have a duel! If you don’t know how to use a sword, well. . . all the better for me! (I’ll give you a hint, pointy side towards me).

If you need to know anything about military strategy pre-1350AD, I might be able to help. 😉

You will love what you spend time with.

Anonymous

@jasmine-godby

I’ve read a few fantasy books I really enjoyed!

• Dust and Shadow by Kara Swanson
                                • The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen
                                • Of Fire and Ash by Gillian Bronte Adams (haven’t finished yet, but it’s really good so far)
                                • The Tales of Ambia Series and The Goblin and the Dancer by Allison Tebo
                                Daisy Torres
                                @daisy-torres

@jasmine-godby YESYESYES I loveee Laurie and Jo XD I also get why they didn’t, but stilllll. There was room for some amazing character development Y_Y

We bought the library a new copy of the book and they were totally fine with it thankfully XD I was so nervous though bahaha

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >