-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
@elishavet-pidyon @koshka @annabelle
Glad I’m not alone then!! Speaking of how’s everyone’s WIPs going? And sorry I forgot but what does HOGHOS mean??
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
Oh, I understand all too perfectly. The ideas are great, because they make the story DEEPER and STRONGER and just overall BETTER. Or so the scrambling author hopes.
I have a problem with developing my side characters into MCs.
Then I have to add another book to the rapidly-becoming-a-series-but-was-originally-a-novel.
And I’m…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
Haha, that’s awesome! (Author madness: That’s a wonderfully perfect description of my mind)
Sort of. At least, so far I don’t intend to actually write any of it into a separate book, which means most of it no one but my family will have to listen to. HOGHOS is partially the retaking of an overthrown kingdom, so of course I have…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
@jodi-maile @kathleenramm @keilah-h @issawriter7 @writerlexi1218 @not-so-secret-secret-assassin @power @annabelle @elfwing @lydia-s @joycaroline @daisytorres @elanor @scripter-of-kingdoms @abigail-m @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @seeker-of-the-truth @e-k-seaver @anyone-I-missed
-
GodlyFantasy12 started the topic My Series Keeps Growing! in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
(Warning. Long and chaotic post. You’ve been warned.)
HA WELLLLLLL…..
ahem. As the title above states…my series keeps expanding…which is a good thing. As you probably know, being writers yourselves, when you have something you’re passionate about that you’ve been working on for a number of years (I believe I’ve been working on this now at l…[Read more]
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Help. I Just Don't Get the Appeal of the Wingfeather Saga in the forum Fantasy 4 years, 8 months ago
I haven’t finished book 1 but I really enjoy it so far. My mother (who loves to read and is also like an editor for me) LOVES the series!!
can’t say much since I haven’t finished the first book, but everyone has their views 😊 OH one thing tho, Leeli isn’t 5, she’s 8.
Janner is 12 and Tink is 11 (in book 1 anyway) I think
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Smoke and Mirrors is now a free serial on my blog!!!! in the forum Publishing & Platform 4 years, 8 months ago
@daisy-torres oooh interesting!! What’s it about?! I’m gonna check this out!
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Introduction in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
Ah, another Bible Quizzer. Are they all writers or what haha?
Uh, actually… XD
However the statistics lie, there are a lot of writers among Bible Quizzers. We’re a different bunch. (In a good way, though)
The Bible Bee sounds pretty amazing. We don’t include much of the original languages, (officially, but since a whole question could be…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Introduction in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 8 months ago
To be honest, I have yet to actually write any Historical Fiction books, but I am working on one. I love history, especially weird random stories, so it’s been fun!
I love the wingfeather world too, so much so that I had to pay close attention toy own world building to make sure it wasn’t influenced. XD Peterson did such a…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Smoke and Mirrors is now a free serial on my blog!!!! in the forum Publishing & Platform 4 years, 9 months ago
So, I got pulled in by the title. Most ‘modern’ fantasy (or what ever this type is) I’ve picked up I’ve almost instantly put down feeling sick. This was light-hearted and meaningful, and… I don’t know. I read everything you had posted in like twenty minutes.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
It sounds like you have a deep understanding of Wilfred’s personality!
Thanks! 😉
Aww, thank you! And you’re so right! Hard places in characters’ lives are so much fun for authors. 😉
Welcome! (They so are! Our poor characters.XD)
Ooo… I didn’t think about that! That’s a very good point. Both Picket and Helmer made choices that included th…
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Introduction in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Greetings! I’m called Elishavet. It’s good to meet you!
Your writing sounds fabulous. I love both mysteries and nonfiction.
I’m also a Bible Quizzer, (We just ambushed you, didn’t we.) and it’s great to meet another Bible enthusiast. What’s the Bible Bee like?
I write some medieval fantasy, poetry, and just random bits of things…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Introductions in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Hmm… Magic in today. A world with the technology of a hyper civilization, yet the magic of fairy tales. Ooo… I’ve never been much into sci-fi but that sounds interesting.
Ugh, yeah. I had to narrow down. Right now I’m working on a Trilogy which has probably been taking way too long to write. The first two books are Medieval…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Introduction in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Hello, I’m Koshka, a Homeschooler, Bible Quizzer, and Aspiring Author. I write Medieval Fantasy, Historical Fiction, and the rare verse or four of Poetry.
You’re reading The Wingfeather Saga? How do you like it so far? I’ve read the entire series and loved it. It’s hard to find such good fantasy, even in a Christian bookstore.
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Introductions in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
@lavenderbookling
Wow! Those genres sound amazing together. Placing magic in a modern/future setting sounds fascinating. It definitely looks like it’s well blended!
Hmmm. Biohazard sounds interesting. Does she see in the dark? (I mean, if her eyes glow, is it like a cats where the glowing is light being reflected to aid in night vision?)I don’t…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Characteristic Lines in the forum General Writing Discussions 4 years, 9 months ago
Welcome! 🙂
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
Ooooo, it’s a nice name.
Thanks! I’m trying to work them through.
Your themes are absolutely fantastic!
Hmmm. I don’t know whether I’d rather breath underwater or walk on air, but I think the latter has a slight edge over the other.
Either historical or non-magical medieval fantasy. I love history, so….
As pleasing as the…[Read more]
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic Types and Shadows: Allegory Discussion in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 4 years, 9 months ago
Sorry it’s taken me a few days to reply! This week has been crazy busy with all the events going on at my school. I’ve hardly had a moment to catch my breath. XD
That’s all right, it was the same here for a while. 🙂
Yeah, it probably would be simpler! Haha.
That sounds like a solid plan. And maybe the epilogue can show Alw…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 4 years, 9 months ago
*Grins* Thanks!
A poetical mood had me captive. My best (and worst) writing comes from those. =|
Ah, yes, I like Jolly Ranchers, especially the green apple ones. You?
If you could have any animal real or otherwise as a pet what would it be?
-
Elishavet Elroi replied to the topic End of Year Book Party! in the forum Topic of the Week 4 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, it is wonderful. The whole book is so powerful but easy to read.
Languages are amazing!
- Load More
