-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic WIP edits? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh ok! I totally get that. Italicizing in KP is a pain. I went back and italicized my whole thing here only for KP to not save the edit 🤦♀️. I was thoroughly dissapionted and it didn’t let me try again, so my second chapter doesn’t read the best.
-
Koshka and
Felicity are now friends 3 years, 10 months ago -
Koshka replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@freedomwriter76 @elishavet-pidyon @keilah-h @godlyfantasy12
So um…who’s turn is it?
-
Jaybird replied to the topic I'm not the only one! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
I haven’t seen the LOTR movies either, because I’m also sensitive and I agree with you about the characters. From what I know, they completely misunderstood Eowyn. And Faramir.
YES!!! Ugh. I’ve heard the same.
I mean, she was mistaken and proud at times, but on the inside she’s actually struggling with some real fears and insecurities. AND Far…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Great topic!
I am thankful both for the opportunity to spend time with extended family, and for toothpaste. I mean, seriously, this world would be a much grosser place without it.
-
GodlyFantasy12 replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@wilder-w yea just got the holidays going on lol!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
It is! I read it yesterday . . . Are the others in the series good too?
Lol I suppose they are.
Lol sorry, they are not. 😭
I actually learned a lot about how not to right sequels. With my story being so similar, I realized how important it is to keep the plot up and running after the characters leave. Like, don’t let it get…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
@Erica
I know you mention of City of ember was to Felicity, but lol can I just say, that book is awesome? It was major inspiration for my books, and I only realized the similarities between them a couple months ago.
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic WIP edits? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
Love it!
I was a little confused here:
Wait. He turned to Cammie and carefully offered, “I might be able to get you backstage.”
I couldn’t tell if he was thinking “wait” or saying it or something else.
And lol, Cammie’s mom seems like a character 🤣
I like where you have it going! 😃
I have chapter 2 of my story, I think I upl…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm not the only one! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Well, I am currently working on a trilogy which I don’t have a title for. The first two books are set in an early medievalish time, and the last one is World War/modern. Oh, and all the characters are animals, a little like The Green Ember.
Hearts of Gold 1) [early medievalish] Divided in a kingdom of shattered truth, paths are twisting…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I'm not the only one! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Oh King of the Golden hall! I have that in my clarinet sheet music book.
Oh I like your themes! I like themes of sacrifice in family too, I have a section of my book about a character who made a lot of sacrifices to adopt a little girl.
Ooh Swallowtail summer sounds really interesting!
In A Dream Come True, I played around a lot with…
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Thanksgiving in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 10 months ago
Glad you are doing better from Covid! I had it for awhile, not nearly as bad as you did though. I do remember deciding crawling was easier than walking though 😂 I was exhausted.
I’m thankful for Jesus forgiving us, me just being happier because I was low-key depressed (it still comes back sometimes but I’m doing better) And…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Wow. I wish I did.
1. Ah yes, of course more questions. =)Good choice! I’m surprised by the number of those who pick the dragon ride. I’d like an Akhal-Teke, and I’d probably name it Sar.
3. Poor Christopher!
4. Oh ouch. I had braces a few years ago, and I missed gummies so much. =|
-
Koshka posted an update 3 years, 10 months ago
The light beating in my heart,
Spill it forth, let it bleed.
Mayhap someone else will see,
How joy will come for ashes,
And mercy sets us free. -
Koshka replied to the topic Introducing a Fellow Writer in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Just curious, what made you want to learn Russian?
Well, I don’t really know when the interest started, certainly not heritage as most of my family is Scotch-Irish, but I have wanted to go help the churches over there since I was little. I’ve been learning Russian for a few years, but I’m still far, far from fluent.
Was learning the C…
-
Jaybird replied to the topic I'm not the only one! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Greetings and salutations! Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen. The community here is indeed great. We’re glad you’re here!
I’m called Elishavet around here, and I mostly write realistic medieval fantasy (so I can blend my two favorite genres: Clean, medieval fantasy and Historical fiction), with the occasional poem.
I have read LotR, but I’m…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic I'm not the only one! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Welcome to the kingdom! I’m Koshka, or that’s what I am around here. Here, and pretty much everywhere else, I write non-magical medieval-fantasy andthe random poem among other things. A lot of other things.
I have read and enjoyed LotR, but I don’t know if I exactly qualify as a fan (at least compared to those I would definitely say are…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Hey Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
Welcome to the Kingdom, oh slinky shadower! I am Koshka, a writer of non-magical medieval-fantasy and/or other fiction, poetry randomly and far between, and apparently essays (doesn’t one just love college paperwork?!).
I skimmed through the former posts and greetings and saw you’re learning Scottish Gaelic. Haló! It is good to f…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic So…my draft has finally started…and I'd like some thoughts so far! 😀 in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 10 months ago
HUZZAH!!! It sounds amazing, especially for a first draft. I can’t wait to see what happens next, and yes I will probably be stalking this page to see if you post anything new. =)
-
Koshka replied to the topic Introducing a Fellow Writer in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 10 months ago
AGH!!! I never sent in my reply!
Sure! I love hearing other authors ramble about their WIPs. And war is a difficult thing to write right, without it being in real life. For some reason it ended up in my writing in three different forms. *Sigh*
Yes! Most people where I’m from thinks they sound harsh, which just means they haven’t…[Read more]
- Load More
