Hey Everyone!!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey Everyone!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    TheLoonyOne
    @theloonyone
      • Total Posts: 404

@starofthenorth

Hey Erica! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m TheLoonyOne!

I’ve also been writing most my life (I always love to pull out that golden writing from when I was eight 😆) but it’s kind of always stayed a hobby for me. That’s so cool that you’re on your third book! Do you have trouble with procrastination? Cause that is… definitely me. I’m taking a novel in a semester class right now, though, so I’m actually getting writing done!

Anyway, newbie questions!

1. What kind of writing do you do? Do you have a favorite genre?

2. Stranded on an island. If you like music, what are five songs or five albums that you would want to have if you were stranded on an island? Basically top five, whether through quality or sentiment.

3. Stranded on an island but five books.

4. If you could make any activity an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning a medal for?

Welcome to Kingdom Pen again! I hope to see you around!

Yes. Pineapple on pizza is the way to go.

Erica
      @starofthenorth
        • Total Posts: 199

@felicity

Yes, languages are so cool!! I haven’t gotten the nerve to learn something with an entirely different alphabet yet . . . but maybe someday!

I like your signature! Very true and encouraging.[/quote]

Aw, thanks! I stole it from Arwen . . . in “The Tale of Aragorn and Arwen” which is in the back of The Return of the King, I believe.

@madelyn

I”M FINALLY HERE!!! I’m a bit too excited lol

I’m most fluent in Spanish right now–I’ve been at least familiar with it since my parents went to Peru when I was two. Yes, pick Latin back up!!

I’ve only had onion on pizza once. It wasn’t terrible. Maybe it was the pizza itself, tho–it had at least three or four really spicy meats on it, so it was kind of a lot for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love spicy things! It was just a lot at once.

@koshka

Thanks! Ah yes, schoolwork . . . I actually like writing papers lol.

More questions? (lol)

1. I’d pick the horse. Dragons aren’t really my thing I guess. I’ve always dreamed of having a gray Arabian named Shadowfax 🙂

2. My youngest protagonist is Elena, she’s nine. Her hair is blond.

3. Hmm, I made them climb a cliff. Poor Christopher had to climb it with no rope or anything (he’s superhuman, shall we say? :)) and then pull everyone else up.

4. Yes, I do. Just I can’t eat them anymore till I get my braces off 🙁

Lol, I bet that was an interesting experience!

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

Erica
        @starofthenorth

@lightoverdarkness6

Hello!!

Good luck with the aquarium!! I’ve found it to be very rewarding and interesting. Bettas are so beautiful, they can just be a little mean. I originally had mine with my other fish, but it and my catfish hated each other so . . .

1. I have the betta and my clown pleco, also 4 gold skirt tetras and 3 tetras that I can’t remember what kind I have 🙂

2. Probably Sam from Lord of the Rings, Fitz from The Keeper of the Lost Cities, and Flavia from The Lantern Bearers.

3. Yes! I play cello and piano, and I sing (that’s an instrument, right?)

4. I have so many . . . my all-time favorite is John 14:6. Also Philippians 4:8. And millions of others. What about you?

5. “The night is deep but light runs deeper”–the Florid Sword in The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson.

Have a good day and happy early Thanksgiving!

Erica
          @starofthenorth

@theloonyone

Nice to meet you!

I struggle with procrastination a little. More like I just don’t feel like writing for weeks and weeks. 🙂

1. I mostly write fantasy, though I do like historical fiction.

2. Oh, wow, I don’t know! Can I say I’d bring my computer so I can listen to whatever I want? lol

3. The Lord of the Rings, the rest of the Keeper of the Lost Cities series, the Wingfeather Saga, The Roman Britain Trilogy by Rosemary Sutcliff . . . okay, that’s more than five books 🙂

4. Snow shoveling. My sister and I have thought this should be an Olympic sport for a long time.

Felicity
            @felicity
              • Total Posts: 811

@starofthenorth

I like your signature! Very true and encouraging.[/quote]

Thanks! It’s from one of my favorite authors, Bess Aldrich. I thought it was pretty relevant for the times we live in.

I stole it from Arwen . . . in “The Tale of Aragorn and Arwen” which is in the back of The Return of the King, I believe.

Yes! I “remember” now. At least I think I do. I read all the Appendix’s (what’s the plural of Appendix??) a while back. Great choice! Looking forward to seeing you around… 🙂

He must increase, but I must decrease.

TheLoonyOne
              @theloonyone

@starofthenorth

1. Ooh yes, fantasy. My favorite. I haven’t read a lot of historical fiction, but I like it. I think my favorite is when it has less to do with a historical event but is its own story in a time period.

2. Oh I wish. Even better would be spotify with no ads but without having to pay for premium. 😄 What kind of music do you listen to? Do you have a favorite genre?

3. Lord of the Rings is the best. Number one. After the Bible. 😂 I’ve heard of Keepy of the Lost Cities, its on my list along with Wingfeather saga. I haven’t heard of the Roman Britain Trilogy, I’ll have to add it to my list. What is it about? Haha, I count a series as one book for this. 🤣

4. Mm yes, snow shoveling should definitely be an Olympic sport. It was more my (and my dad’s) job for a couple of years until my brother took over. Same with lawn mowing. I’m not complaining 🤣😂

Koshka
                @koshka
                  • Total Posts: 1424

@starofthenorth

Wow. I wish I did.

1. Ah yes, of course more questions. =)Good choice! I’m surprised by the number of those who pick the dragon ride. I’d like an Akhal-Teke, and I’d probably name it Sar.

3. Poor Christopher!

4. Oh ouch. I had braces a few years ago, and I missed gummies so much. =|

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Erica
                  @starofthenorth

@felicity

I think the plural of “appendix” is “appendices.” It sounds weird tho! lol

@theloonyone

I don’t really have a favorite genre of music. I listen to classical music a lot, and I like Ludovico Einaudi, movie soundtracks, and sometimes Peter and Evynne Hollens.

Yes, you should read the Roman Britain Trilogy! The first book The Eagle of the Ninth is about Marcus searching for the lost Eagle of his father’s legion. The second, The Silver Branch, is about a plot to kill the Emperor. The third, The Lantern Bearers is about a young soldier trying to decide whether he belongs to Rome or Britain.

@koshka

I know! I’m missing all sorts of things . . . marshmallows. Pita chips. Gummy candy. Nuts. Oh well.

TheLoonyOne
                    @theloonyone

@starofthenorth

1. Ooh, I like classical music! And I have some Ludovico Einaudi on my playlist. Movie soundtracks are awesome, too. So do you like a lot of instrumental music? I’ve listened to Peter Hollins, but not Evynne.

2. Ok! I’ll have to add it to my very long list of things to read/watch once I’m less busy! 😂

Madelyn
                      @madelyn
                        • Total Posts: 115

@starofthenorth

That’s so cool!! I have such an interest in languages, but unfortunately, it’s an interest that only recently developed which means I’m not far in learning any language XD

Which is your favorite language? And which was the easiest to learn?

Oofda, yeah, I can see how that would be a lot! Pizzas are often already spicy enough with sauce and pepperoni.

And I’d also like to vote for snow shoveling to be a sport! And clearing off a car after a blizzard as a bonus round XD

~In Christ Alone My Hope Is Found~

Erica
                        @starofthenorth

@theloonyone

I guess I do like a lot of instrumental music! It comes from being in a family of crazy music lovers. We all play instruments. What’s your favorite Ludovico Einaudi song? Mine is Due Tremonti or Experience. Or a million others. You should listen to Evynne Hollens! I especially like her duets with Peter.

@madelyn

My favorite language might be German, but Spanish is the easiest for me.

Haha, yes! Thankfully I’ve only had to shovel once this year . . . so far . . . and now the snow is melting. I was hoping for a white Thanksgiving.

Felicity
                          @felicity

@starofthenorth

I guess I do like a lot of instrumental music! It comes from being in a family of crazy music lovers. We all play instruments.

I love musical families!!! Can I barge in here and ask what instruments?

So far my family’s at a band level: classical/electric guitars, keyboard, violin, bongo, trumpet and flute. If I could play any instrument fluently (wait that’s for languages 🙂 ) perfectly? it would be a harp. I think they’re so beautiful.

What’s your favorite instrument?

Erica
                            @starofthenorth

@felicity

We all play piano, I play cello, my sister plays violin, and my dad plays guitar. I guess we all sing, too. My parents sing for church sometimes. My sister and I play in the church orchestra, and we play piano for youth group, too.

Oo, yes, harps are so pretty! I’m just scared by all the strings lol.

I don’t know what my favorite instrument is. I love organs, I guess, they’re just so grand and traditional. But bagpipes . . . my great-grandparents came from Scotland, and I’m proud of my Scottish heritage!

TheLoonyOne
                              @theloonyone

@starofthenorth

Ooh, what instruments do you play? I play the piano and clarinet. Definitely Experience. I listened to Evynne a little. Her voice is so pretty! I love to see another music lover here!

Felicity
                                @felicity

@starofthenorth

You play cello! 🙂 Wow, good for you!! I’ve heard it’s pretty hard, but it sounds super beautiful. Organs are so solemn and I have great reverence for them. And bagpipes, they are really fun to listen to!

That’s so neat that you’re Scottish!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >