Introducing a Fellow Writer

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Introducing a Fellow Writer

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Folith-Feolin
    @folith-feolin
      • Total Posts: 310

@felicity

I literally didn’t know of the Oxford comma by that name until a few days ago when some people in my history class were complaining about how their language arts teacher had marked it wrong in their literary analysis essays. Then I jotted it down to use somehow to write a quizbol question. (Then I just decided it would be funny to make it a newbie question)

personally I’m indifferent to using the Oxford comma

Checks watch.  I need to stop procrastinating and work on my chemistry lab!

Felicity
      @felicity
        • Total Posts: 811

@lightoverdarkness6

I would meet Jesus. And I would ask him how he loved us so much that he died for us. And ask him to help me bring some of my friends back to the Light. And just sit in his lap and listen to him preach.

That’s the best choice! And it’ll come true too, in heaven! What a great hope we have!

I would meet Leo or Riker from @freedomwriter76 ‘s absolutely AMAZING books (you should ask her about them.) and ask Riker how he was able to forgive himself and tell him that I think he’s soooo sweet.

I’ve found some things about Riker on another topic and read them and his story is really touching! @freedomwriter76 is an amazing writer! I wish I could write characters like her! She makes them come alive! First they’re in her head, and then here we are, two random girls :), talking about Riker like he’s a hero in real life! (And he IS a hero, by the way!) I think we should officially include writing as a super power. 😉

And also, I’d meet my Great grandpa “Pappie.” Because he died before I was born, but when I was 2 or 3, my mom was holding me and showing me Pappie’s picture, she asked me if I knew who that was, and I said “Pappie!” She was so shocked. My parents had never said anything before to me about Pappie! And I knew exactly who he was. 😇😮.

Wow, that is such a sweet story.

Oh, that’s so cool that your WIP is about the Russo-Ukrainian war! I love those names for your characters! Yes, my characters have a mixture of mine and their own personalities. One of my characters, Matthew, is a fictional version of one of my friends! I created Matthew, and then a month or so later, I meet the him, and he becomes my friend, and I realize that Matthew came to life😂! Another character, Lyla, is more like me, personality wise. She’s not shy and will not hesitate to protect her brother (Matthew). She’s pretty outgoing and loves her brothers.

Thanks! That’s pretty neat about Matthew! Do they have the same name? (Your character and your friend?) That would be…crazy!! I saw the pictures you posted of Lyla on one of the topics and she is adorable! Her name fits her so well!

I love Lotr so much!! Ooh the Princess Bride!! I really want to watch it. Me and my mom almost watched it a few months ago, but ended up watching something else. I keep hearing from my friends (several from here on KP) that it’s really funny. Oh, the old Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is so good! The newer one is WEIRD! Johnny Depp is in it, and it’s just not as good as the older one.

You should watch the Princess Bride! It is funny. Yeah JD ruined the new Charlie and the Chocolate factory! :I (I mean, I’ve never seen it myself but that’s what I’ve heard…)

The only pet I’ve ever had was a Betta Fish named Rainbow😂

Betta Fish are pretty! I hope you’re able to get a dog! They’re work but once you invest in their training they are “man’s best friend” and so worth it! Do you have a specific kind that you want?

My grandparents used to have chickens for eggs, and they were my personal pets. Good thing they weren’t meant for the dinner table 😂😬. 6 year old me would’ve had a break down😂😅😢.

Yep I totally get that! We have this one “teenage” rooster who is shiny rust red with black and green tail feathers and I’d be heartbroken if…we were starving and needed to…you know… 😂😅 Thankfully he’s safe. 🙂

And your so welcome for the welcome! ( that sounded weird 😂) Yes, girl, all the people on here are sooo sweet aren’t they?! They made me feel so comfortable and loved when I first joined, and I’m glad I can help you and others feel comfortable and loved! Have a great day

Thanks! I do feel accepted and welcomed! Everybody’s great!

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Felicity
        @felicity

@folith-feolin

Just noticed I’m a Charismatic Rebel now. Am I supposed to start a KP reformation? JK. 🙂

It’s a great newbie question! When it comes down to the nitty gritty, I don’t care if people use the OC or not. I looked at some of my writing and realized that I didn’t use it so that’s how I answered.

Wishing you luck/providence/blessing on your chemistry lab! 🙂

Koshka
          @koshka
            • Total Posts: 1428

@felicity

AGH!!! I never sent in my reply!

Sure! I love hearing other authors ramble about their WIPs. And war is a difficult thing to write right, without it being in real life. For some reason it ended up in my writing in three different forms. *Sigh*

Yes! Most people where I’m from thinks they sound harsh, which just means they haven’t listened to it. (English is such a confusing language, even for a native speaker. I can’t help but feel sorry for those speaking ESL. Seriously…) As for me Russian has turned out not quite as hard as I thought it would be, but it breaks plenty of it’s own rules (or rather tweaks them slightly in a dozen ways). Still, it’s starting to make sense, and is such a beautiful language.

1. Deborah Alcock? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of her, although I do prefer older literature. Now I may need to hunt her up. What type of writer is she?

2. I think eight is my max, but those were shorter books. Chronicles of Narnia is wonderful!

3. Those are beautiful horses. Interesting name, is there a reason behind it?

4. And I don’t like nor dislike jellybeans, so I understand. =)

Good to meet you too! See you around.

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Felicity
            @felicity

@koshka

AGH!!! I never sent in my reply!

You’re fine! 🙂

(English is such a confusing language, even for a native speaker. I can’t help but feel sorry for those speaking ESL. Seriously…)

I know, right? My Mom tells me to be grateful that I don’t have to learn it as a SL.

As for me Russian has turned out not quite as hard as I thought it would be, but it breaks plenty of it’s own rules (or rather tweaks them slightly in a dozen ways). Still, it’s starting to make sense, and is such a beautiful language.

Just curious, what made you want to learn Russian? I have some really sweet Russian friends and they exposed me to Slavic language/culture as a child which got me interested. Then when I started researching my Polish ancestors I decided to try learning Polish. But I still think I might learn Russian some day. The nice thing about Polish is that it uses the Latin alphabet with minimal changes. Was learning the Cyrillic alphabet hard for you?

1. You should definitely check her out! Deborah Alcock wrote historical fiction about the Reformation. She has books set in Spain, France, Bohemia, etc. and shows how people from those different cultures were affected. I enjoy her books because her characters are well-developed and she writes from a Christian perspective. Also, I just love reading HF in general. 🙂 Inheritance Publications sells her books and you might be able to find some on Thrift Books as well.

3. Federacja was the name of a Polish-Arabian mare who gave birth to the pride of Poland, Witez II in 1938. Sadly, in the confusion of WWII as a group of horses were being moved to safety, some of them were spooked and ran off into the Polish countryside. Some of the horses were recovered, but Federacja never was. Her fate is unknown.

4. I think you will find this funny: somehow it got around to my siblings that one of my friends on Kingdom Pen Forum asked if I liked jelly beans. So “suddenly” they are into jelly beans now and we have bags of them in the house!!! ;D

TheLoonyOne
              @theloonyone
                • Total Posts: 404

Hey @felicity! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! Sorry it’s taken me so long to say hi

I’m TheLoonyOne. What is your trilogy about? It’s really cool that you’ve made it to your second book. Keep it up! Those are all really fun genres! Do you have a favorite to read? Film writing sounds so fun (I’ve done a little) and its so different from writing a novel. Ooh, ice skating. I went with a friend a couple of weeks ago, I didn’t do very well. 😂 It takes practice!

Anyway, newbie questions!

1. What kind of writing do you do? Do you have a favorite genre?

2. Stranded on an island. If you like music, what are five songs or five albums that you would want to have if you were stranded on an island? Basically top five, whether through quality or sentiment.

3. Stranded on an island but five books.

4. If you could make any activity an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning a medal for?

Welcome to Kingdom Pen again! I hope to see you around!

Koshka
                @koshka
                  • Total Posts: 1428

@felicity

Just curious, what made you want to learn Russian?

Well, I don’t really know when the interest started, certainly not heritage as most of my family is Scotch-Irish, but I have wanted to go help the churches over there since I was little. I’ve been learning Russian for a few years, but I’m still far, far from fluent.

Was learning the Cyrillic alphabet hard for you?

Not exactly. I have a good online course and spent about six months on just the Alphabet. I think it helps keep my Russian words separate in my head. Whenever I work on Russian long enough I start thinking in Cyrillic, giving me a heavy Russian accent in English. Does something like that happen to you?1. Ooo! I definitely will.

3. That’s so sad…I wonder what happened to her.

4. Bwahaha!!! I shall soon infect the world with Jellybean cravings!!!! XD

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Felicity
                  @felicity

@theloonyone

Hey! Thanks for the welcome! My trilogy is my first real dabbling in fantasy so there are tons of cliches and tropes I have to fix but the overall theme is good, I think. 🙂 Here’s s quick synopsis:

Lana has lived in Wilson Falls for all of her twelve years, enjoying everything a close community of farming families brings. She’s read stories of her ancestor’s lives: the kingdoms, the battles, the rivalries; but only when the threat of evil intrudes her own home does she realize the reality of such things, outside of story books. When the greedy King of Grandinwash swoops in looking for more power and wealth, Lana watches to see how her community will react. Will they use violence and bloodshed to defend their lives or is the concept of good overcoming evil more than just a fancy saying? Book One explores the adventures of Lana when she finds herself caught up in controversy and has to make up her own mind, regardless of what the others in her community might think.

Sorry if that was long-winded and doesn’t sound exciting. Lot’s of scary things happen to her, but some of them aren’t closely connected to the main plot. (which I need to go back and fix). Sometimes I think I dived into too deep waters with the theme because how do we practice good overcoming evil in real life? It’s hard, and *spoiler* that question isn’t answered until the last book when Lana is 19.

Ok, yes my favorite genre to read is Christian Historical Fiction, (preferably with minimal romance). Very recently I read a few mystery books, about FBI and detectives and…wow…it was really fun! But it doesn’t trump HF! Have you read any of Joel Rosenburg’s books? I think they are technically adult mysteries and I’ve only read one, but they’re Christian and pretty clean. They are awesome stories!!

Yeah, more questions!

1. My favorite genre to write is modern fiction…I don’t know the official name. It’s fiction set in the 21st century. I like that because it’s easiest and I don’t have to spend years on the Internet researching. 🙂 Right after that is HF set in the 1800’s. And finally fantasy. I haven’t written much but I can see myself doing something in that genre in the future. 🙂 What about you?

2. Oh music…I would want to have The Shadow of Your Wings album by Fernando Ortega, Mist and Shadow from LOTR, Petra’s fortieth anniversary album, something by the Piano Guys, and……..I can’t think of anything else!

3. all five Jane Austen novels. 🙂

4. Making bread! 🙂

Yeah hope to see you around too!

Felicity
                    @felicity

@koshka

Whenever I work on Russian long enough I start thinking in Cyrillic, giving me a heavy Russian accent in English. Does something like that happen to you?

I know what you mean! I’ll be learning about which Polish letters make what sound and suddenly I start rolling my r’s in English and pronouncing my i’s like “ee”. 🙂 The Russian accent is absolutely beautiful!!!

3. That’s so sad…I wonder what happened to her.

I have notes somewhere for a children’s book (which will have big, painted illustrations) about her! Don’t worry, I’m going to make it end happily. 🙂

4. Bwahaha!!! I shall soon infect the world with Jellybean cravings!!!! XD

Help! I have…*gulp*… succumbed to the…*stuffing mouth with cherry flavored JBs*…jellybean virus! JK 😀

Light
                      @lightoverdarkness6
                        • Total Posts: 1626

@felicity

That’s the best choice! And it’ll come true too, in heaven! What a great hope we have!

Amen, sister :)!!

I’ve found some things about Riker on another topic and read them and his story is really touching! @freedomwriter76 is an amazing writer! I wish I could write characters like her! She makes them come alive! First they’re in her head, and then here we are, two random girls :), talking about Riker like he’s a hero in real life! (And he IS a hero, by the way!) I think we should officially include writing as a super power. 😉

O M GOSH, yes!! She is!! Yeah, me too. Lol, yep, @freedomwriter76, you’ve already got a group of fangirls, and you haven’t even published your books yet XDD!! (He totally is :)) Oh, yes! Writing is a great superpower!!

Wow, that is such a sweet story.

Yes. It’s one of my favorites. I used to get my mom to tell me it over and over. I can’t wait to meet him in Heaven again!

Thanks! That’s pretty neat about Matthew! Do they have the same name? (Your character and your friend?) That would be…crazy!! I saw the pictures you posted of Lyla on one of the topics and she is adorable! Her name fits her so well!

You’re welcome! Yes it is cool! No, they don’t have the same name. My friend would’ve been very suspicious when he read it if he did have the same name XD. Yes, it would’ve been!! Awww, thank you! I work hard on finding the perfect reference photo for my charries. Thanks so much! I’m currently working on a moodboard for her. I’ll share it and make sure to tag you when I’m finished :).

You should watch the Princess Bride! It is funny. Yeah JD ruined the new Charlie and the Chocolate factory! :I (I mean, I’ve never seen it myself but that’s what I’ve heard…)

Okay!! I will. Yep, you heard right. He doesn’t even look his creepy self! He looks even creepier with all that make up. *shudders* Moving on…XD

Betta Fish are pretty! I hope you’re able to get a dog! They’re work but once you invest in their training they are “man’s best friend” and so worth it! Do you have a specific kind that you want?

Yes they are! Thank you! Yes! Me and my brothers have wanted a dog for forever. I can’t wait! We’re think about either a Golden Retriever or a Great Pyrenees. They’re both so sweet! My dad had one of both when he was a teen,and he loved them.

Yep I totally get that! We have this one “teenage” rooster who is shiny rust red with black and green tail feathers and I’d be heartbroken if…we were starving and needed to…you know… 😂😅 Thankfully he’s safe. 🙂

Thats good! Yeah. Lol! I get that XD.

Thanks! I do feel accepted and welcomed! Everybody’s great!

You’re so welcome! Happy Thanksgiving! 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Light. Reason: I didn't quote it right; Sorry!! *face palm*

#HugRikerSquad

Felicity
                        @felicity

@lightoverdarkness6

I’m currently working on a moodboard for her. I’ll share it and make sure to tag you when I’m finished :).

I can’t wait! Thanks!

We’re think about either a Golden Retriever or a Great Pyrenees.

Golden Retriever’s were my favorite dog until I saw a Saint Bernard… 🙂

Happy day-after-Thanksgiving!

Anonymous
                            • Total Posts: 8156

@lightoverdarkness6. @felicity. Y’all!!!! Y’all are too sweet!!! <3333 Y’all love Riker so much that y’all fangirl over him!?!?!?!?

Light
                            @lightoverdarkness6

@freedomwriter76

Yesss, girl!! Any of your charries deserves to be fan girled over😂😊❤️!! Your so good at creating meaningful characters. But especially Riker😊❤️. And Leo❤️❤️.

#HugRikerSquad

Felicity
                              @felicity

@freedomwriter76 @lightoverdarkness6

Don’t forget about Ezra!! I really like his mood board. Yeah, freedomwriter76, how do you make such REAL characters?!

Light
                                @lightoverdarkness6

@felicity @freedomwriter76

Oh yeah! I love Ezra! He’s so sweet to Eva 🥲🥰.

#HugRikerSquad

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 76 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >