Introducing a Fellow Writer

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Introducing a Fellow Writer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Felicity
    @felicity
      • Total Posts: 811

Dzien dobry, Hallo, Bonjour, Hola and Hello!

I am an aspiring author, homesteader and follower of Jesus and am excited to join this forum! I have a few WIP’s going right now including the second book in a trilogy I started when I was fourteen. I mostly write historical/Christian fiction and fantasy (no magic or other races, just humans in a different world), but I’m open to writing other genres (including film writing).

Some of my other interests include reading, gardening, living off the land, the lifestyle of the 1800’s, learning languages, ice skating and getting into discussions/debates with my seven siblings! 🙂

He must increase, but I must decrease.

MineralizedWritings
      @mineralizedwritings
        • Total Posts: 2794

@felicity

Hello! Welcome to Kingdom pen!

I’m Minerazeledwritings, I’m a online schooler who draws and writes, oh and plays the clarinet and does speedcubing and does leather working every now and then. (ahh to many hobbies to manage 🤣) I am currently writing a dystopian YA novel, which will hopefully be in comic style when it’s done.

Ooh! Film writing sounds cool! I have a distant dream to turn my current WIP into a animated series someday.

A couple questions for you!

1. What is your favorite of your WIPs about?

2. Are snakes cool? (answer wisely XD)

3. What is your favorite of your character’s to write and why?

4. What is your favorite theme to express in your writing?

5. Any favorite music?

6. What languages are you learning? I’m taking American sign language atm!

Anyways, welcome and we are glad you are here! 😀

へびは かっこいい です!

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@felicity. Hi Felicity, and welcome to KP!!!

I am FreedomWriter76, a Christian, Homeschooled, Teenage girl with a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction!!! 😀 I’m also a huge History Buff, Music Fan, and Marvel nerd, but we won’t go there. XD

It’s funny that you like Ice Skating, because I just went Ice Skating with my family for the first time ever yesterday. XDXDXD I was not good at it and didn’t leave the wall, like, at all, lol. XD

Anywho, as is customary for us to do here on Kingdom Pen, I’ll ask you a few ask-the-newbie questions! 😉

1. Coffee, Tea, or neither?
          2. Last name of your favorite character from your main WIP(s)?
          3. Any favorite movies/TV shows?
          4. Favorite Quote?

Anywho, again, welcome to Kingdom Pen, Felicity! I hope you have a wonderful and blessed time here on KP! God Bless! <3333

Felicity
          @felicity

@mineralizedwritings

Hello! Nice to meet you and thanks for the welcome! A dystopian comic book sounds fascinating!

I love the creative questions! Here goes…

1. My favorite WIP is Overcome, about the current war in Ukraine, set in Feb-June of this year. I have two MC’s in it: Ludwika (Polish) and Nataliya (Ukrainian). I hope to show the down-to-earth side of the war and express hope (through Jesus) and new beginnings (through forgiveness) in it.

2. Snakes are cool- they are cold blooded. 🙂 I am not fond of poisonous snakes but the harmless ones around where I live (corn and garter snakes) are interesting. I have a creek in my property and we see water snakes frequently.

3. Favorite character to write? That’s hard! I think it is Lyaksandro, Nataliya’s twelve year old brother. He is cheerful even through hardships and I especially grew fond of him while writing a scene about the sweet relationship between him and his sister.

4. My favorite theme to express in writing is good overcoming evil. No matter how bad it gets, Jesus is the Victor!

5. Music…I enjoy listening to Petra (Christian rock band from the 80’s. Really deep and though-provoking content), movie soundtracks (Gettysburg, LotR) classical music and Polish worship bands. I usually find it hard to listen to music while I write, but recently I tried Braveheart soundtrack and it was so inspiring.

6. I took Spanish for a year, French for two and now Polish. Even though it is the third hardest language for an English speaker to learn, I am finding it to be the one that makes the most sense! I am planning to get “fluent” in Polish and then learn German. American sign language would be useful…that’s great that you’re learning it!

Thanks for the questions! They were a lot of fun to answer. 🙂

Felicity
            @felicity

@freedomwriter76

Hallo FreedomWriter76! So glad to meet another sister in Christ!! Does your signature mean that you like languages too? 🙂 Happy to meet a History Buff! The only reason I don’t classify myself as one is so I don’t look ignorant when I answer History questions incorrectly. 🙂

I went ice skating for the second time on Friday! Don’t worry, the first time I hardly left the wall either. (Watching others zip effortlessly past me didn’t help anything!) I still feel a bit shaky on my skates. But like most things, it takes time and practice! I’m sure you’ll do great!

Answers…

1. Steaming coffee swirling with cream is one of the many beautiful things about life, especially when it’s snowing outside! I enjoy tea as well, preferably scalding peach tea with a spoonful of honey. There’s nothing like a soothing drink while writing…

2. Lyaksandro’s last name is Demchenko. He is a twelve year old Ukrainian boy who is full of loyal fun and loves wrestling with his brother. His full name means something like ‘defending sacrifice’ which is really fitting for his role in the story.

3. I don’t have any particular favorite movies/TV shows but a few that I appreciate are: I Am David, Miss Potter, Princess Bride (it’s hard not to think of that one without a chuckle), and Fiddler On the Roof.

4. Here is my favorite quote: “If, after aeons of time in hell or heaven or purgatory, I were to be asked what earthly life was like, I should still, I am sure, say it was a sheet of paper fixed in a typewriter and needing to be covered with words; not tomorrow, or next week, or next year, but now.” -Malcolm Muggeridge in The Green Stick

God bless you too! 🙂

MineralizedWritings
              @mineralizedwritings

@felicity

Hello! Nice to meet you and thanks for the welcome! A dystopian comic book sounds fascinating!

Nice to meet you too and thanks! 😀

1. My favorite WIP is Overcome, about the current war in Ukraine, set in Feb-June of this year. I have two MC’s in it: Ludwika (Polish) and Nataliya (Ukrainian). I hope to show the down-to-earth side of the war and express hope (through Jesus) and new beginnings (through forgiveness) in it.

Ooh interesting! And, great topic. Honestly the new beginnings part is very similar to my story in some ways. Mine is set after a war though. Like rebuilding emotional and physical ties after a civil war. The civil war aspect is focused on the idea of how bad political tension is today. In my story, hating the other political side went to an extreme, and some 100 years after the war the younger generation is starting over on the overgrown and broken landscape. Oh and forgiveness is a great theme. I’m trying to weave it into my story, but it gets a little complicated sometimes.

Snakes are cool- they are cold blooded. 🙂 I am not fond of poisonous snakes but the harmless ones around where I live (corn and garter snakes) are interesting. I have a creek in my property and we see water snakes frequently.

Lol yeah! Ooh water snakes? Those sound so cool! I like green tree boas (not that Ive ever seen one) and hognose snakes. (i think those are related to corn snakes)

Favorite character to write? That’s hard! I think it is Lyaksandro, Nataliya’s twelve year old brother. He is cheerful even through hardships and I especially grew fond of him while writing a scene about the sweet relationship between him and his sister.

Aw! sounds like a fun one. I have a pair in my story that are friends since childhood, so its very similar to brother sister in some ways.

My favorite theme to express in writing is good overcoming evil. No matter how bad it gets, Jesus is the Victor!

Yeah! Couldn’t agree more.

Music…I enjoy listening to Petra (Christian rock band from the 80’s. Really deep and though-provoking content), movie soundtracks (Gettysburg, LotR) classical music and Polish worship bands. I usually find it hard to listen to music while I write, but recently I tried Braveheart soundtrack and it was so inspiring.

I haven’t heard of petra! I do like thought provoking content though. Yes! Lotr soundtrack is great. I have a music book for it so I can play the songs. I really like in dreams, concerning hobbits, and forth aerlingas (Oh I butchered that so bad 😂)Do you have a favorite from the Lotr soundtrack?  I haven’t seen braveheart before, so I’ve never heard the soundtrack. I like to listen to the how to train your dragon one soundtrack sometimes (sticks and stones is my favorite song, but I like test drive too)

. I took Spanish for a year, French for two and now Polish. Even though it is the third hardest language for an English speaker to learn, I am finding it to be the one that makes the most sense! I am planning to get “fluent” in Polish and then learn German. American sign language would be useful…that’s great that you’re learning it!

Ooh cool! That’s alot 😳. I wanted to learn Japenese but I heard it was hard, and I figured ASL would be more useful.

Thanks for the questions! They were a lot of fun to answer. 🙂

Yeah! I love coming up with questions for new people! The “Are snakes cool” has been a recent addition to my usual list. Because I mean, It would be sad if people didn’t think snakes were cool (Jk 🤣 people can disagree with me).

へびは かっこいい です!

Felicity
                @felicity

@mineralizedwritings

Oh and forgiveness is a great theme. I’m trying to weave it into my story, but it gets a little complicated sometimes.

Yes I agree.

I really like in dreams, concerning hobbits, and forth aerlingas (Oh I butchered that so bad 😂)Do you have a favorite from the Lotr soundtrack?

🙂 LotR soundtrack is swell! My favorite songs are May It Be, Mist and Shadow and Flight From Edoras.

I haven’t seen braveheart before, so I’ve never heard the soundtrack.

I haven’t seen it either but I found the soundtrack and if you like bagpipes and flutes it’s beautiful.

Because I mean, It would be sad if people didn’t think snakes were cool (Jk 🤣 people can disagree with me).

That would be a tragedy! 🤣 I like being able to break the “all girls hate snakes” trope!!!

Just curious, how did you come up with your username? It is very unique.

Felicity
                  @felicity

@mineralizedwritings

I like green tree boas (not that Ive ever seen one) and hognose snakes.

The huge snake curled slowly on the flimsy branch, its white streaks contrasting with its lime green skin. Tongue flicking rapidly as it detected a human close by, the snake lifted its head and watched with keen eyes.

Mineralizedwritings whistled as she stepped lightly beneath the tree. She felt eyes on her and glanced up.

“Um…what…I can’t believe it…” she gasped, backing away slowly.

The green boa pinned her with his gaze.

“You look really, really…”

The snake coiled swiftly, getting ready to strike.

“…really amazing!”

Ahh. The green boa drew back, flicked his tongue once, twice, then disappeared in the mass of leaves.

MineralizedWritings
                    @mineralizedwritings

@felicity

Oh I do like flutes! And same, I like being “That girl who likes snakes” I would still be very nervous if I got to hold one irl, but who cares I think there fun. I used to love learning about snake genetics/breeding, it’s pretty fascinating to me how people control the results to get the colors they want.

Oh thanks! I had a hard time coming up with a username I liked for some reason, I was just scared it would be too different 😂. I used to polish rocks at a rock club nearby, we had saws and different grits of sandpaper strength on grinders. It was really fun! It was like a dream come true tbh, just a wonderful opportunity God provided us with. So yeah, I liked knowing the names of the various rocks and minerals. I’ve forgotten a lot since, but my favorite one is malachite. So I like minerals, and writing, and I guess if your writing gets old.. perhaps it minarelizes? I guess in some fantasy world somewhere, stories mineralize with age. (I think I just made that up rn 🤣)

へびは かっこいい です!

MineralizedWritings
                      @mineralizedwritings

@felicity

Felicity walks down the overgrown path into the woods, glancing left at the wispy clouds. They move along the sky in a blissful sweeping motion, slowly inching towards the north. Stars speck the sky as the sun slowly edges behind the horizon, and a cool breeze…

“Aaaah!” A loud voice echoes from the wood. Felicity jolts at the hint of fear in it.

Slowly walking forwards to investigate, She stops at the forest edge.

“My camera…-

Where?!”

“C’mom C’mom…”

“I”M GETTING A PICTURE OF YOU MR SNAKE!!” The girl in the woods yells in determination. The sound of her crashing through the underbrush sends some small birds flying towards Felicity.

へびは かっこいい です!

LoopyLin
                        @loopylin
                          • Total Posts: 2020

@felicity  Uh, hi! Welcome to kingdom pen! You seem to be currently busy chasing a snake around, but I’m gonna introduce myself anyway. 😆

I’m Loopy. I like writing mostly fantasy and sci-fi, and I’m planning on a lot of my stories to end up being animated series or at least comics.

That’s really cool that your WIP is about Ukraine! Do you know what the ending will be or are you waiting to see what will happen in real life?

Also, seven siblings? 0_0 That’s a lot. I just have a brother. Are you the oldest, middle, or youngest?

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Felicity
                          @felicity

@mineralizedwritings

So I like minerals, and writing, and I guess if your writing gets old.. perhaps it minarelizes? I guess in some fantasy world somewhere, stories mineralize with age. (I think I just made that up rn 🤣)

Fossilized writing! I love it! You are so creative! This snake story is getting interesting. 🙂 We should make a topic where we put ourselves in a jungle with snakes, crocodiles, monkeys, etc. And instead of getting to know our characters, (that’s what the Character Castle topic is about, right?) we get to know each other! It’d be fun to see how everyone would react to green tree boas dropping down on them! 🤣 Sorry, I’m just having too much fun!!!

Yeah! I love coming up with questions for new people!

I know I’m the newest one here but once I get “old” I think I’ll make up a list of questions to ask new people too. 🙂 Like, If you could have any super power, what would it be? and Are there other universes in real life?

Folith-Feolin
                            @folith-feolin
                              • Total Posts: 310

@felicity
                              你好!

Hello (the above is hello in Chinese)

I’m Folith-Feolin High-school sophomore, actor, board gamer, writer, quiz bowler, and resident nerd (with a specialty in history (American and European) and literature)

I like reading high fantasy/sci-fi, historical fiction, mystery… basically anything.

However most of my wips are set in my identical twin brother and I’d Grimdark fantasy world of Kavaria. I also write songs for said fantasy world.

I am also working on a large campaign board game.

Neophyte Questions?

1. What is a random but interesting moment from history you would like me to know
                              2. What is your favourite Shakespeare play (If you don’t know any Shakespeare then just what is your favourite play)
                              3. What is one interesting thing you can do.
                              4. What movie has the best soundtrack
                              5. What is your opinion on the Oxford Comma
                              Koshka
                              @koshka
                                • Total Posts: 1424

@felicity

Welcome to the kingdom! I’m Koshka, a writer of non-magical medieval-fantasy, random fiction, and the occasional poem. Not to forget all the other stuff…a lot of other stuff.

You’re writing about the Russo-Ukrainian war? I’m definitely not that brave, but I’d be thrilled to hear about it if you ever want to ramble to someone.

You’re learning Polish?! Slavic languages are beautiful! And I can totally understand about a hard language making more sense. I’ve found Russian to be easier than Spanish, even if it is more difficult.

Now for the ask-the-newbe-questions!

1. What is the hair color of your favorite author?
                                2. How many books have you read in a series?
                                3. If you could ride a dragon for a day, or own a horse for the rest of your life, which would you choose? (Breed is up to you)
                                4. And finally, Do you like jellybeans?

First Grand Historian of Arreth and the Lesser Realms (aka Kitty)

Felicity
                                @felicity

@loopylin

Feel free to interrupt our snake chase! 🙂 Hi! Nice to meet you! I’ve never tried writing sci-fi before. Sounds exotic and exciting!

I’m planning to make the end of my WIP Overcome be in July 2022. Because I don’t know how the war will end in real life, I can’t really use that in my story unless I want to wait…for however long it lasts. The plot of my book doesn’t hinge on the war, rather on the two characters’ reactions to it.

I come third in my family! So I guess I am in the middle of the oldest and middle. 🙂

I like your signiture quote!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >