-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Just for fun: charrie edition in the forum Characters 3 years, 9 months ago
Thanks for the awesome topic! I don’t think I’ve actually met you yet, so Hi! 🙂
Ok, so I actually haven’t seen LOTR XD
1. Ring-bearer (this is you): which race would you be? Elf, dwarf, human, or hobbit?
I’d be human.
2. Gandalf: a wise and/or powerful mentor-type character
Jonathon Ledger
3. Aragorn: a character who’s good at s…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Annie Adams: A Historical Fiction Novella in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
Oops tagged you wrong ^^
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Annie Adams: A Historical Fiction Novella in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
@oreille21
WOW! I thoroughly enjoyed that! Such a great read!
Also, one of the boys has thick brown curls?! 😍😍 That’s just like my OC Tauren!
I’d love to read more!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
@arien thank you so much! It makes me more motivated and inspired to write when I know people are liking it 🙂
And ikr? Layson is so sweet with the kids 😭
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Anyone else love Moodboards/Aesthetics? in the forum Art 3 years, 9 months ago
Oh! I love it! I really like the one of the guy leaning over writing, it’s like such an aesthetic shot! 😍
-
Koshka replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Wilkins
He had heard the man’s voice and he knew, just knew, he was safe. His friend gripped his arm tighter, as if reading his thoughts. Daithí shot him a look which clearly translated to I know you’re not a fool, so don’t act like one. Wilkins sighed and smoothed his axe handle. Then he shrugged and stepped into the li…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Hey everyone! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
I can’t remember if it was here or another forum you were asking about critiques…
I’ve seen two different formats for critique sharing here, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do something different.
Some people share a scene from there WIP, about 1-2k words, and ask for specific feedback. Often times this is if you are asking…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Hello Hello!!!! in the forum Start HERE 3 years, 9 months ago
Lol, the whole thing of you two not telling us you’re sisters…XD
I do the same thing sometimes XD
At my old youth group, my sister and I didn’t tell new people we were siblings, because idk, why? It’s a bit hard to keep up in person. We each tried to make friends there on our own so it wasn’t super obvious. We had a…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
@lightoverdarkness6 @loopylin @godlyfantasy12
Tauren and Lesli
“Oh!” Lesli startles, looking down at Tauren on the floor. “Tauren…?”
She kneels down on the floor beside him, lifting his head off the floor.
“W-w-what h-happened?!” Matthew exclaims, eyes wide open.
“Oh my goodness, is he okay?!” Lyla rushes forward and kneels next to Lesl…[Read more]
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic Why did you start writing? Why are you still writing? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
Yeah, it’s fun isn’t it? We’ve all gotta start somewhere, and legos/stuffies isn’t a bad place!
-
MineralizedWritings replied to the topic I've started my draft, would you guys keep reading this story? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 3 years, 9 months ago
Thank you!!
@booksandkeepers
Thanks! That scene was one of my favorite to write, and I really felt like it was coming from the heart (I hope you get what I mean, that sounds cringy lol).
Thanks for the feedback! It’s hard for me to imagine what you guys remember. He’s showed up a couple of times, but hasn’t had any real…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
I think I’ll go with Ezekiel, as I’m still figuring out how to write Wilkins’ personality.
And Dáithí calling Wilkins a lad… He’s only a few years older than him.
Daithí
The shadows were lightening with the introduction of more window slits. He smiled at the sunshine as if the light weren’t stealing away his cover. No ma…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
You’re splitting up the twins?! *Horrified gasp*
Although, I can’t really say anything here. That is a huge plot point for my first book.
That sounds wild. XD
-
Koshka replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Would you mind/like it if Wilkins and Dáithí run into one/a group of your charies?
I was thinking maybe Ezekiel or Fin’s group, if it wasn’t a problem (although the group is pretty large, so Ezekiel may be better?).
-
Koshka replied to the topic Why did you start writing? Why are you still writing? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 3 years, 9 months ago
Why did I start writing? Let me think…I don’t know. I grew up in and around books, and I guess it just naturally transferred to writing them. My siblings and I made up stories and histories for our made up play world’s, and we always intended to write them down.
Why am I still writing? I love words; how they work, how they change, and…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic A Short Christmas Story…Critiques Appreciated in the forum Short Story Critiques 3 years, 9 months ago
Fun story! I liked your Bensnickle (Or however his name is spelled). Writing wise there aren’t very many things I’d tweak.
But um, do you want critique on the history side of things?
-
Koshka replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Wilkins
A headache. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, waiting for the pain to subside.
The room around him looked long deserted. Half a musty tapestry dangled from the wall, it’s other half lying forlorn on the stone floor. He shivered and wrapped his arms around his knees. Where am I?
A castle. The shivers up his spine muntiplied down his arms,…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Character Playlists in the forum Music 3 years, 9 months ago
Um wow. I can definitely see the favorite. XD
I found one new character song over Christmas break. For Daithí. (‘Justice Calls’ from Jonah by Sight and Sound.)
And a few instrumentals, but do those count?
-
Koshka replied to the topic Character Playlists in the forum Music 3 years, 9 months ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic Character Castle! in the forum General Writing Discussions 3 years, 9 months ago
Daithí MacLassair: about 18-19 years old, 6′ but lightly built. A red fox in the book, Daithí has Flame red hair that comes down partially over his ears but not in his light hazel eyes that miss nothing and tell less. Foxish features. He’s the nephew of a Lasairin Clansman, and has devoted his life, and death, to the cause as a spy and assassin. H…[Read more]
- Load More
