Hey everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 76

@felicity Yes, I like Polish foods!! That’s cool… not many people can say their part-Polish (at least, I can’t.)

Felicity
      @felicity
        • Total Posts: 811

@booksandbeakers

😀 Thanks! Yeah Polish food is smaczny (tasty)!!!

Recently I tried a new recipe called wuzetka (east and west cake). (There is WW2 history behind the name if you’re interested. 😉 ) It’s a chocolate cake with whipped cream in the middle. yum….we ate it on Christmas. 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Felicity.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

LoopyLin
        @loopylin
          • Total Posts: 2059

@booksandbeakers

Hi! Sorry I’m a little late to this, but welcome to the kingdom!

I’m Loopy. I like writing fantasy mostly, and I have many unfinished WIPs.

That’s cool that you’re learning Latin (is that right?). I’m learning Latin too! It’s required at my school, but it’s still fun.

I have one newbie question: Do you have a favorite tv show or movie?

Space Princess ✨🪐 intp artist

Orielle2023
          @orielle21
            • Total Posts: 173

@booksandbeakers

Welcome! I’m a newbie here myself so I have not yet established a set of questions to ask. I will start with you!!

Also, I love historical fiction. That’s what I mostly write. I was also homeschooled. *fist bump*

1) Do you play any instruments?
            2) What is your favorite bird?
            3) What time period in history do you like writing about best?
            4)What is your dream job?
            5) If you go to college or do it online, what would you pick as your major?

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo

Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 8156

@booksandbeakers. Hello Caitlyn, and welcome, welcome, WELCOME to KP! 😀

I am FreedomWriter76, a Christian, Homeschooled, History Buff, Music Fan, Marvel Nerd, teen girl who has a passion for spreading the light of Christ through Historical Fiction.

And…you love writing Historical Fiction!?!?!?!? Yesssss!!!! *high-five*

And yes, as @felicity said, I write WWII Historical Fiction, as my main time period, and I also have various books set in the time periods: American Revolution, American Civil War, Korean War, Vietnam War, and even the Afghanistan War! 😉

Anywho…as is customary for us to do on KP, let me ask you a few random-ask-the-newbie questions! (and please forgive me if any of them are repeats…I was gone from KP for 2 weeks…XD)

1. Favorite Author(s)?
              2. Favorite TV Shows/Movies/Series?
              3. Favorite Animal?
              4. If you could master any language, what language would it be?
              5. If money, world issues, etc, wasn’t a thing, what country would you most like to visit?
              6. Favorite Music Artists and Songs?

That’s all I have for now! Again, welcome to KP Caitlyn, and I hope you have a wonderful time here! Can’t wait to talk to you some more! God Bless! <3

MineralizedWritings
              @mineralizedwritings
                • Total Posts: 2803

@booksandbeakers

I can’t remember if it was here or another forum you were asking about critiques…

I’ve seen two different formats for critique sharing here, but that doesn’t mean you can’t do something different.

Some people share a scene from there WIP, about 1-2k words, and ask for specific feedback. Often times this is if you are asking about the ethics of a scene involving a difficult topic. You can also share for fun though.

Me and a couple others ( @freedomwriter76 , @esther-c , and @felicity and myself) Share our longer works in chapters so people can view it as we write. I share roughly 1,000 words a week, but less if I get writers block. I really like this way of doing it, because people generally have the time to read a chapter here and there and provide some bits of feedback. I’m not sure how many people will have the time to read 10k words, but it’s worth a shot if you want to share it, I’d love to see what you have!

You can also submit finished works to the kingdompen website for critique, which I have never done.

Anyways, up to you! 🙂

Hope that helps.

へびは かっこいい です!

TheLoonyOne
                @theloonyone
                  • Total Posts: 404

@booksandbeakers

Hey Caitlyn! Welcome to KP! Also, your name is really pretty! I don’t think I’ve ever seen it spelled that way.

Anyway, I’m TheLoonyOne, also a homeschooled writer (go homeschool!). I checked out Rebelutionary, and it looks really cool! I even went down a rabit-hole and took a quiz… 😆 Science is… alright… but I like writing! And yeah, I think everyone here on KP wants to be published. Congrats on getting so far on your novel! It’s definitely hard

Oh yes… Newbie Questions!

1. What kind of writing do you do? Do you have a favorite genre?

2. Stranded on an island. If you like music, what are five songs or five albums that you would want to have if you were stranded on an island? Basically top five, whether through quality or sentiment.

3. Stranded on an island but five books.

4. If you could make any activity an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance of winning a medal for?

Welcome to Kingdom Pen, again! I hope to see you around!

Anonymous

Sorry I’m late replying everyone… I didn’t see the second page so I was really confused for a while!

@loopylin
                    Yes, yes, yes I’m learning Latin. I don’t think I’ve met anybody who did! TO your one question: I love the History Channel, because in addition to science I love history!

@orielle21
                    Ah, well, welcome to another newbie (not that I have much place in saying welcome myself)!

1. The piano, badly.

2. Ring-necked Loons (my brother is a bird fanatic, I’ve picked up on them.)

3. WWII

4. Science professor and writer (ambitious, eh?)

5. Biochemistry (I’ve heard creative writing courses don’t usu. work)

Thanks, and welcome again!

@freedomwriter76 Yes, hist. fiction for the win!! Yes, I’m planning to maybe do a novel set in the segregation period next, but that’ll be a while from now, because, I’m only at 11,000 words in my WIP.

1. Corrie Ten Boom, Andrew Petersen

2. History Channel.

3. Elephant

4. Greek

5. Uganda (my parents were missionaries there and we sponsor children there.)

6.  Rend Collective!

Ahhh all you guys are so welcoming !!!

@mineralizedwritings
                    Thanks!! I’ll try that:) Maybe I’ll post just a few chapters, or start with a short story.

@theloonyone
                    Hello!! Haha, trying to balance science and writing is HARD. Oh, the quiz, yes… I know what you’re talking about.

1. Historical Fiction

2. Rend Collective “Hallelujah Anyway”, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Piano Guys, MercyMe.

Thanks everyone! I may be absent for a few days because of traveling but I’ll be back soon!

+

Esther
                    @esther-c
                      • Total Posts: 3221

@booksandbeakers

Hey!! Welcome to Kingdom Pen! I’m Esther: a volleyball-playing, violin-squeaking, dog-obsessed, young adult fiction-writing, God-loving, amateur writer! *whew*

I like to dabble in a little bit of everything, concerning writing: my WIP is dystopian, I have a set-aside-for-a-long-time fantasy duology, I have a his-fic idea, and I have two biblical fiction ideas floating around in my head (this is the first time I’ve mentioned it on here 😁).

Ok… You listen to MercyMe, Rend Collective, and Chris Tomlin?! Our family does to!! *slaps high five*

And you like the Wingfeather Saga?!?! I absolutely looove WFS!!! *squeals*

Science… ugh! It’s totally awesome that you love it!! But for me, I only enjoy the biology part of it; I don’t really like earth and space science. 😅 What’s your favorite part about it? 🙂

But history… I can get on that train. I love learning about history. I’m not quite a history nerd, but it’s definitely my favorite subject in school. I love learning about ancient and modern history. (And by modern I mean WWI and beyond)

Sooo… I’ve only glanced over the questions and answers, so excuse me if I repeat questions. 😁

1. Favorite beverage?

2. Favorite color?

3. Dogs or cats? Which is your preference?

4. Favorite season? And why?

Again, welcome!! So glad to have you on here!! See ya around!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Anonymous

@esther-c Hello!! You like volleyball? So do I! And yes, I love those music groups!! The Wingfeather Saga is awesome.

1. Tea

2. Purple

3. Neither *hides*

4. Autumn-temperate weather, sweaters, leaves, and, for our family, long vacations!!!

So nice to meet you!! And you`’ll definitely see me around.

Esther
                        @esther-c
                          • Total Posts: 3221

@booksandbeakers

1. Tea

Awesome!! I like hot tea occasionally, but I prefer iced sweet tea.

2. Purple

Cool!! That is my second favorite color. My favorite is rose-gold. 😜

3. Neither *hides*

*gasps* 😜 jk Do you have any pets at home? Or is your family not really pet people?

4. Autumn-temperate weather, sweaters, leaves, and, for our family, long vacations!!!

That may be my favorite too!! Spring and autumn are my favorites bc the weather is just right. Sometimes in here in Ohio, we don’t get much of a fall. Winter is sporadic. 😆 Snow in November, then it warms up, and a small cold wave, it warms up again, then it stays cold for a while, and then spring comes. Lol. XD

Nice to meet you too!!

Write what should not be forgotten. — Isabel Allende

Arien
                          @arien
                            • Total Posts: 193

@booksandbeakers

Sorry I missed this topic for so long!

I’m Arien, a violinist, writer, language-learner, cat-lover, LOTR nerd, and overall a Christian trying to glorify God!

A few random questions (because the less random ones have already been asked):

1. Carpet or hard floor?

2. Socks or no socks?

3. Favorite language?

4. Glass half full or half empty?

Nice to meet you!

Be brave. Be strong. Be bold.
                            -Christopher Blakewell

Anonymous

Hello hello!! I gotta run, so lemme answer real quick. So nice to meet you!!

1. Hard floor.

2. No socks!!

3. Latin

4. Well… let us just say I’m a realistic pessimist!!

Anonymous

LOL @arien I meant realistic optimist!!

Anonymous

@esther-c So sorry I missed the question: Nope, no pets. We used to have a fish… it died. We used to have a hermit crab… it died (and the two after it). So no I don’t have pets at home!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >