Hey everyone!

Home Page Forums General Site Info Start HERE Hey everyone!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
      • Total Posts: 76

Hello KP! My name is Caitlyn and I am a young homeschooled writer hoping to glorify God in all I do. I’m really excited to be here and I’ve honestly been stalking the forum for… a while. I generally write historical fiction, present tense. Also I’ve contributed to http://therebelution.com (hopefully that link works) twice. I love science (as betrayed by my username 🙂 and obviously writing. I hope to be published (sound familiar) someday and am currently working on a novel that’s at about 10,000 words.

Feel free to bombard me with questions (as is the custom, I’ve noticed:).

Anonymous

And please tag me anytime anyone’s posting a critique! I may be posting some short stories soon:)

Elizabeth
        @lewilliams
          • Total Posts: 252

@booksandbeakers Hello Caitlyn!! Welcome to the forum! I’m Elizabeth,  infrequent forum poster and Resident Old Person; it’s lovely to meet you. *offers cookies* That’s so cool you’ve been published!! And yesss, science is so cool!! What aspect do you like best? (My brain wanted to ask “what genre of science do you like?” but I don’t think that’s a correct thing to ask, lol) I’m personally drawn to botany and chemistry myself.

A couple more questions for you:

1) Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate? (I’m a fan of any and all Cozy Beverages myself.)

2) What’s your WIP about? (An impossible question, I know, but I’m endlessly curious about peoples’ books.)

3) If you could teleport anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?

4) And finally, if you could switch lives with a fictional character, who would you choose?

Anyway, it’s wonderful to meet you! I look forward to seeing you around 😀

“Seven seconds till the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it?”

Anonymous
            • Total Posts: 692

Hey @booksandbeakers

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

I’m Sara (aka Sarafini)

I’m a fan of thrillers, Adventures in Odyssey and Down Gilead Lane (audio dramas if ya didn’t know) and love playing basketball! Writing and reading are my main hobbies though. 😉

I love anatomy and biology! The rest isn’t my favorite but it is interesting to learn about our world.

Anyway, questions:

1. Favorite movie?
            2. Favorite book?
            3. What genre or genres have you written and which is your favorite?
            4. Same as above only what genres have you read and what is your favorite genre to read?
            Anonymous
              • Total Posts: 692

@booksandbeakers

I’m a recent homeschool graduate, btw!

Felicity
              @felicity
                • Total Posts: 811

@booksandbeakers

I’m going to tag some other KeePers so they can say hi.

@arien
                @orielle21 @starofthenorth @freedomwriter76 @folith-feolin @madelyn @theloonyone @loopylin @godlyfantasy12 @mineralizedwritings @lightoverdarkness6 @whalekeeper

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Felicity.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Felicity
                @felicity

@booksandbeakers

Hello Caitlyn! I’m Felicity. Welcome to KP! That’s amazing that you’re home schooled! I’m a home school graduate myself and glad to meet others of our kind. 😀 I’m also an aspiring authoress, homesteader and follower of Jesus.

Glad to meet another Historical Fiction writer! I write Historical and Contemporary Fiction, and a Viking/Nordic/Medieval trilogy that defies all my attempts to categorize it into a genre. That’s neat that you’ve written for TheRebelution. I’ve never been published anywhere YET. (Where there’s a will, there’s a way, right?)

Great job on 10,000 words! What’s your novel about?

Can’t wait to read your short stories, when/if you choose to post them! I’ve been posting chapters of my WIP on a topic called Russo-Ukrainian War novel if you want to read them! I’ll definitely tag you when chapter four comes out because I’m looking for honest, (brutal) critiques. 😀

Questions!

1. What is your favorite time period to write about?

2. If you could teleport to any moment in History, when would it be?

3. How many countries have you been to besides the one you live in? 😀

4. Are you learning any languages?

5. What time of day do you write best? (morning, noon, night or all of the above)

6. And lastly, which do you like better: cursive or print?

I hope that was a satisfactory bombardment of questions! Looking forward to seeing you around! 😀

Erica
                  @starofthenorth
                    • Total Posts: 199

@booksandbeakers

Hey there, Caitlyn! I’m Erica.

I love science too! What area of science do you like best? I love marine biology.

So . . . questions!

1. What’s the coldest weather you’ve ever experienced? (Seems to be a popular topic around here lol)

2. Is black coffee good? 😁

3. When did you start writings?

4. Who is your favorite character that you’ve written about?

Nice meeting you, and I hope to see you around!

Dark is the Shadow, and yet my heart rejoices.

MineralizedWritings
                    @mineralizedwritings
                      • Total Posts: 2803

@booksandbeakers

Hello! Welcome to Kp!

That’s great that you are home schooled and writing for God! I was home schooled until 2nd grade. I checked out that website link briefly, looks like a cool place!

Oh! I like science sometimes, (not that I really know anything XD)

I’m MineralizedWritings, a dystopian author (Yeah not published in the least XD), a artist (Character art mostly!), ans a enthusiast speedcuber. I’m currently working towards an AA degree, no idea what’s next after that XD

Ok! Some newbie questions:

1. What is your WIP about?

2. What is your favorite theme to show in your WIP? How do you show it?

3. Any favorite music?

4. Are snakes cool? Answer carefully….jk

5. Are you a plotter? Or a just go for it type?

6. Favorite character to write and why?

Look forward to seeing you around!!

へびは かっこいい です!

Folith-Feolin
                      @folith-feolin
                        • Total Posts: 310

@booksandbeakers

Hello,

Im Folith-Feolin a board game playing and trivia absorbing nerdy public high school dude.

I have recently begun developing a new WIP that could be classified as a steampunk lovecraftian mystery. I also have been helping my brother with his Grimdark The Karvia Legendarium (I mostly help with planning and am writing the appendix)

Questions

1. Do you like chemistry or biology better
                        2. Should AP Psych be a history or a science credit
                        3. what is your favourite board game(s)
                        4. Was the schlieffen plan a good Idea
                        5. what is a book I must read

Anonymous

@lewilliams Hello!!! I love chemistry and astronomy! And yes, writer slang invades my language too. Tea, all the way.

2. My WIP (@mineralized writings) is a novel about a girl living in Canada  who has a passion for art . Her mother died, her brother eloped, and her father is an alcoholic. After winning an award to a prestigious art conservatory, she decides to search for her brother, who is in the same province as the conservatory.

3. Acadia national park!!

4. Leeli of the Wingfeather Saga.

@sarafini So cool that you love AIO!! I do too.

1.  The Nativity story

2. The Hiding Place.

3. Historical and contemporary.

4. Historical.

Another homeschooler! Yes!!

@felicity
                          Thanks for the tags!! Yes, your confidence about publication will pay off!! Yes, I will try and critique your novel after I come back from traveling.

1. WW2

2. When the Mayflower hit land.

3. None… just Puerto Rico. But I have a dream to go to Africa.

4. Latin.

5. Morning all the way!!

6. Cursive!!

And yes ,it was!!

@starofthenorth
                          . I love marine biology, but chemistry is my fave.

1. Negative 14!! In NH.

2. Um, blech!! Well, I… have never actually had it (shh…)

3. When I was 8ish? My first works are cringey.

4. Sally and Jennifer, twins in my old books set in Alaska.

Thanks!!

@mineralizedwritings
                          Nice!! I have never tried Dystopia, actually.

I wrote about my WIP above!!

2. Great question. I think it is prob forgiveness. My short stories center around it. I think mostly I draw on my own experiences and write from the heart.

3. Rend collective praise music!!

4. Oh, that. Yeah… except black rat snakes in our garden fence.

5. Pantser, baby!!

6. Girl dealing with loss.

Thanks for being so welcoming!!!

Could someone tell me how to tag?? Thanks!!!

MineralizedWritings
                          @mineralizedwritings
                            • Total Posts: 2803

@booksandbeakers

Oh! Forgiveness is a great theme! Wow, your WIP does have a lot of loss in it! Sounds interesting though!

Your welcome! 😃

Oh, I love rend collective! They have some great music.

You are tagging correctly, but it won’t work if you have a character next to it. For instance if I tag you @booksandbeakers  , because I put a space before that comma, it should work. If I do @booksandbeaker, with the comma next to it, it thinks your tag has a comma, and it won’t work. The same with parenthesis, if you want to put a tag in it you need to use plenty of space. ( @booksandbeakers ) with spaces on either end of the tag.

Some people have different tags then names too. I tried to tag @starofthenorth as @erica a few times at first 😅

へびは かっこいい です!

Felicity
                            @felicity

@booksandbeakers

Yes, I will try and critique your novel after I come back from traveling.

No rush! Thanks! Enjoy your trip!

@freedomwriter76 writes about WW2 as well! I have plans for a book set during WW2 in Poland, but I haven’t developed it very much so it’s just an idea.

None… just Puerto Rico. But I have a dream to go to Africa.

Nice! I’ve only been to Canada to see Niagara Falls, but my brother and I are planning a trip to Europe sometime in five or ten years. 😀 We’ll see if it ever happens! I want to go to Poland, and he wants to go to Croatia.

That’s great you’re learning Latin! I think someone else on here is too, but I forget who. I’m learning Polish.

You’re a morning writer! I wish I was… 🙂 I’m more like an evening, stay-up-late writer.

Good choice! I love cursive! I try to write in it as much as possible.

Anonymous

@folith-feolien

Hello!

1. Chemistry (though I do love biochem)

2. Science credit

3. Balderdash

4. No.

5. The Hiding Place

@mineralizedwritings
                                Thanks! I am not tech savvy. I may share some of my WIP. Do you guys generally critique 10,000 word novels?

@felicity

Ooh… Niagara Falls. And Poland sounds exciting. My fave  food, the pierogie, is from there. Yeah, my curisve can be… less than legible sometimes 🙂

Felicity
                                @felicity

@booksandbeakers

Ooh… Niagara Falls. And Poland sounds exciting. My fave food, the pierogie, is from there.

Yes! Niagra Falls was amazing!

Hey, you like Polish food too?! *high five* Pierogies are great! I’m part Polish and I love them!!! 😀

Yeah, my curisve can be… less than legible sometimes 🙂

Mine can be too. I’ve created my own style of cursive, but who knows if anyone can read it! (I use it in my journal. 😀 )

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >