Just for fun: charrie edition

Home Page Forums Fiction Writing Characters Just for fun: charrie edition

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Lydia S.
    @lydia-s
      • Total Posts: 399

Hello, friends!

I have not been particularly active lately what with #adulting and all that, so I wanted to pop in and hang out with you all for a little bit. <3333

This is a modified blog tag that I’m borrowing from the lovely Sarah Baran at TheSarcasticElf.com (seriously, if you don’t follow her blog, go do that right now; it’s full of wit, sarcasm, profoundness, fan art, and everything writerly and bookish. In other words, it’s a gold mine). I wanted to try it, and I thought it’d be fun to involve my KP buddies, too. 😀

It’s our chance to create our own Fellowship of the Ring! I’m changing it slightly, so now, we have to choose a character from our current WIP(s) to fill each spot in Tolkien’s crew based upon certain qualifications. Oh, and you get to be the ring-bearer. 😉

Choose one character for each of the following positions:

1. Ring-bearer (this is you): which race would you be? Elf, dwarf, human, or hobbit?

2. Gandalf: a wise and/or powerful mentor-type character

3. Aragorn: a character who’s good at surviving

4. Boromir: a character who makes bad choices/mistakes but has a good heart

5. Gimli: a stubborn character

6. Legolas: a talented character

7. Pippin: a seemingly “useless” character that ends up surprising everyone

8. Merry: a small/weak character who has great courage

9. Sam: a loyal character who never, ever, ever gives up

I’m super excited to get a peek into everyone’s WIPs! (And I fully expect to adopt every character listed as a Boromir… I have a soft spot for characters like that…)

Going to tag some of people, but if you see this and want to join in, please feel free! The more, the merrier! 😉

@godlyfantasy12
      @lightoverdarkness6 @arien @koshka @elishavet-pidyon @freedomwriter76 @joy-caroline @kathleenramm @gracie-j @karissa-chmil @sparksaraabbott11 @nova21 @elfwing @elanor @mkfairygirl @joelle-stone @issawriter7 @whalekeeper @mineralizedwritings

Whaley
      @whalekeeper
        • Total Posts: 2635

@lydia-s

Just popping on to say, this looks awesome! And I subscribed to Sarah’s blog several months back. Her posts are creepily relatable… *shifting eyes* I remember looking through her archives and finding her own Fellowship of the Ring gang.

I’ll be sure to put my own on here soon. 😉 Thank you for the topic!

KaPeefers 'til we're old and gray...

Anonymous
          • Total Posts: 8156

@lydia-s. *gasps* LYDIA!!!! SOOOO good to see you again!!! *gives you a huge hug* I hope you had an amazing Christmas!!!! <3333

And what a fun idea!!! This is gonna be great! 😀 Also, thank you for…kinda explaining each role…I’ve never read nor watched LOTR. *hides* XD

This is really fun! Thanks for doing this, Lydia!!! 🙂

1. I’d still be a human…I’m happy the way I am. XD
          2. Isaiah Altmann
          3. Dawson Thomas
          4. Riker Schind
          5. Erich Braun
          6. Reuben Baumann
          7. Leon Wagner? (this one was really hard, but I suppose some people in my book kinda look at Leon as if he’s kinda useless…IDK. xD)
          8. Wolfgang Baumann
          9. Fin Müller
          MineralizedWritings
          @mineralizedwritings
            • Total Posts: 2803

@lydia-s

Thanks for the awesome topic! I don’t think I’ve actually met you yet, so Hi! 🙂

Ok, so I actually haven’t seen LOTR XD

1. Ring-bearer (this is you): which race would you be? Elf, dwarf, human, or hobbit?

I’d be human.

2. Gandalf: a wise and/or powerful mentor-type character

Jonathon Ledger

3. Aragorn: a character who’s good at surviving

Kaine

4. Boromir: a character who makes bad choices/mistakes but has a good heart

Keiryn

5. Gimli: a stubborn character

Martha I think? Lesli can be too.

6. Legolas: a talented character

Layson

7. Pippin: a seemingly “useless” character that ends up surprising everyone

Maylee! (She’s in my pfp)

8. Merry: a small/weak character who has great courage

Everly

9. Sam: a loyal character who never, ever, ever gives up

Layson again… can I pick him twice?

Kinda disappointed my MC didn’t have a place here XD

I suppose that’s because his section of the story is more of slice of life style, and his strength is encouraging others to be strong.

へびは かっこいい です!

GodlyFantasy12
            @godlyfantasy12
              • Total Posts: 6645

@lydia-s GASP THIS LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN AGH!! Also I’m picking from my 8 MCs obviously!!

1. Ringbearer

OOF! So I do luv being human…but I also just luv the elves sooo yea XD

2. Gandalf

HMM…Probably Arabella!

3. Aragorn

I wasn’t sure for this one, but then I thought of Aragorn just as Aragorn as not as the way this one was describe, and was like, Oh, Grimm XD.

4. Boromir

Agh…hmmm This ones a little thought because it’s a toss up between Corvina and November.

5. Gimli

Oh definitely Nyx XD

6. Legolas

Oof…can we choose charries twice cuz this would be Lyn but she’s also another Charrie on this list XD

7.  Pippin

I…don’t think any of my MCs are this…OH WAIT. Nyx. Yes, probably Nyx.

8. Merry

MY PAXTON!

9. Sam

Jocelyn!!

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
              #ProtectMarcel
              #ProtectSeb

Light
              @lightoverdarkness6
                • Total Posts: 1626

@lydia-s

I don’t believe I’ve met you yet. Hello!! Ooh, this is so cool!! Thank you for tagging me!!

1. Ring-bearer: I would probably be either a hobbit or a human. 🙂

2. Gandalf: a wise and/or powerful mentor-type character:  Iris and Lyla

3. Aragorn: a character who’s good at surviving: Asher

4. Boromir: a character who makes bad choices/mistakes but has a good heart: Dylan.

5. Gimli: a stubborn character: Also Asher

6. Legolas: a talented character: Lyla

7. Pippin: a seemingly “useless” character that ends up surprising everyone: Matthew

8. Merry: a small/weak character who has great courage: Matthew and Asher

9. Sam: a loyal character who never, ever, ever gives up: Matthew.

#HugRikerSquad

MineralizedWritings
                @mineralizedwritings
                  • Total Posts: 2803

@lihtoverdarkness6

Aww Mathew 😭😭 so sweet. He’s my favorite of all your charries

へびは かっこいい です!

Felicity
                  @felicity
                    • Total Posts: 811

Hello Lydia! I’m rather new on here so I don’t think I’ve met you before! Great topic! This is going to be really fun!

I decided to use characters from my Viking/Nordic/Medieval trilogy.

1. Ring bearer: I would be a hobbit. I love their homes and their beautiful gardens!!

2. Gandalf: Ethando Drachensted. (47) He is my MC’s Uncle and someone she really looks up to.

3. Aragorn: Jonathan Rennesvaire, (18) my MC’s friend. Jon has many crazy things happen to him but he never dies. (One time he slips off a mountain path, falls over fifty feet into icy snow, and lands in some wild people’s animal trap. After a few weeks he’s normal. 😀 )

4. Boromir: Malcolm Rennesvaire, (19) Jon’s cousin, who is reckless and blunt, but deep down he has a kind heart once you break through the ice.

5. Gimli: Adele Drachensted (24). She is newly married and determined to follow her husband anywhere, even on a treacherous journey that could end in disaster.

6. Legolas: Talathia (no last name yet) (22) She is skilled in archery and knife throwing.

7. Pippin: The MC Lana Drachensted (16). Her Uncle Ethando wants her to come along on a dangerous mission, but she’s not sure why. Through out the book she struggles with feeling useless and it’s not until the end that she finds out why she was needed.

8. Merry: Henry Drachensted (15), Lana’s brother. He is generally a strong boy but in this book he is wounded a number of times and once hit with a poisoned arrow which causes him to become weak and sickly. He has great courage though and presses on despite his pain.

9. Sam: Lillian Orien (17), a young girl who’s parents have disappeared and who’s brother makes a lot of mistakes but she keeps forgiving him and never gives up searching for the rest of her family.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

GodlyFantasy12
                    @godlyfantasy12

@felicity I NEED TO READ THIS!! And I already love Henry. And JON…..YESSSS

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                      #ProtectMarcel
                      #ProtectSeb

GodlyFantasy12
                      @godlyfantasy12

I just got a thing yall…for the guys!!! Specially those little brothers and the babies of the group (so Henry? Already luv him.) and JON YESSSSSS XD I LUV HIM ALREADY I FEEL LIKE HE IS GONNA STEAL MA HEART XD XD XD

cuz that story is the best of him falling of the mountain and just… *chef’s kiss*

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                        #ProtectMarcel
                        #ProtectSeb

Lydia S.
                        @lydia-s

Answering the tag myself!

I’m going to go with my Biblical fantasy project this time around; it’s a retelling of David. 🙂

Ring-bearer: I’d be an elf by choice but probably a hobbit due to my personality and size. I’m a homebody😂

Gandalf: Michael, the prophet to Aria. He’s the Samuel of my story.

Aragorn: Austin and Rodney (my Uriah and Joab respectively).

Boromir: Darius Wentworth, king of Aria (my Saul). My poor tortured baby…😌

Gimli: Adelaide Wentworth, my Michal. The amount of spunk in this girl… *shakes head disapprovingly*

Legolas: Adrian Wentworth, my Jonathan. The only thing he’s not good at is sitting still.

Pippin: Emmett Carlton, my David. He was born without his right arm, so no one expects anything out of him.

Merry: Maybe Jenny, my Bathsheba… Or Adelaide. She’s definitely brave (sometimes too much for her own good).

Sam: Tony, my Benaiah. I love this guy; he’s so faithful and genuine.

GodlyFantasy12
                          @godlyfantasy12

@lydia-s GASP ur story sounds so good!! I luv David!! And David allegories always sound sooo cool!! I’d had an idea for a fantasy one myself (along with a Moses one)

AGH EMMETT 😭 AHHHHHH I ALREADY ADORE HIM!

AND UGH ADRIAN…

Jonathan and David in the Bible are just…. MY HEART LIKE HONESTLY… 😭

Their story is the one that truly breaks my heart probably the most out of all the stories in the Bible I have to be honest because their brotherhood was just….ugh.

I have a best friend JUST like that. Like, she’s so much like my sister, I call her that sometimes, and I just…can’t imagine life without her.

#IfMarcelDiesIRiot
                            #ProtectMarcel
                            #ProtectSeb

Felicity
                            @felicity
                              • Total Posts: 811

@godlyfantasy12

I NEED TO READ THIS!! And I already love Henry. And JON…..YESSSS

Oh thanks!!!! I know, the boys are great. 😀

I just got a thing yall…for the guys!!! Specially those little brothers and the babies of the group (so Henry? Already luv him.) and JON YESSSSSS XD I LUV HIM ALREADY I FEEL LIKE HE IS GONNA STEAL MA HEART XD XD XD

Nobody blames you… yes, Henry’s the youngest of the group! Well, same thing happened to someone in the story already. 😀 Her poor heart is going through roller coasters each time he almost dies.

cuz that story is the best of him falling of the mountain and just… *chef’s kiss*

😂😂 I’ll tell him you like that part of his story.

*tells Jon*

*He bows, a smirking grin on his face. “It wasn’t all that romantic to live through, but I suppose being a superhero can be fun sometimes.” *

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Lydia S.
                              @lydia-s

@whalekeeper

Yeah, thank you for popping in! I read some of your writing in another topic, and I really enjoyed it. 🙂 It’s nice to meet you!

@freedomwriter76

FREEDOOOOOOOMMMM!!! *hugs you back* So glad to be chatting with you again! And I had a lovely Christmas, thanks for asking! How about you?

lol No problem! I’ve only ever listened to it. It’s such a tome that opening it feels really daunting. I’ve never finished it myself🙈 Hopefully I can do that someday!

4. Riker Schind

My favorite makes his appearance!!! XDXDXD He’s one of the characters I thought/hoped would end up here. I’ve missed him.

@mineralizedwritings

Hi! I haven’t been particularly active lately, so I’ve missed meeting a lot of people. It’s nice to meet you!!

I’ve never watched it either, actually. I’ve only listened to my mom read the book aloud. It was amazing, tho!

I feel you about the MC. Sometimes they’re hard to place! In the fellowship for my biblical fantasy WIP, the MC ended up being Pippin.😂

Arien
                                @arien
                                  • Total Posts: 193

@lydia-s

Hi! I’m Arien, I don’t think we’ve met before. Thanks for tagging me!

I have like 3 or 4 WIPs that I’ll use characters from for this, if that’s okay.

1. Ringbearer

Yay, I’m the ringbearer! I wouldn’t miss the chance be an Elf.

2. Gandalf

Cronas, the wizard mentor from the yet-unwritten Bloodstone Chronicles

3. Aragorn

Durwin, from A Dream Come True

4. Boromir

Dirk, from Bloodstone

5. Gimli

Aedan from Dream or Raana from Bloodstone

6. Legolas

Ruby from Swallowtail Summer

7. Pippin

Elinor from Dream

8. Merry

Darren from Bloodstone

9. Sam

Archer from Bloodstone and Aedan from Dream

Be brave. Be strong. Be bold.
                                  -Christopher Blakewell

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                >